Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

I have some autoglym super resin polish and their liquid sealant. Bought it from Halfords not long before I found out about the detail shop which is a 30 second drive away 😂. Could work out a price and give it both to you. Haven't even used it. 

Thanks for the offer. :smile:

I don't want any more SRP though...this is the 2nd bottle I've had that's gone off now.  Looks like curdled milk! 😮

Thought it'd be alright if I shook it up but that turned out to be a terrible idea...  The water that has separated from it has just burnt into the car leaving water marks that won't come off. :sad: Could only see it after buffing it off so didn't realise until I'd done  he whole car. I've just waxed over the top of it, looks horrendous up close but hopefully it'll bead well if it rains! :rolleyes: :laugh:

21 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Thanks for the offer. :smile:

I don't want any more SRP though...this is the 2nd bottle I've had that's gone off now.  Looks like curdled milk! 😮

Thought it'd be alright if I shook it up but that turned out to be a terrible idea...  The water that has separated from it has just burnt into the car leaving water marks that won't come off. :sad: Could only see it after buffing it off so didn't realise until I'd done  he whole car. I've just waxed over the top of it, looks horrendous up close but hopefully it'll bead well if it rains! :rolleyes: :laugh:

Have to look at that. The stuff has just been sitting in the cupboard for about 2 years now and I haven't used it. 

My paint is honestly horrible, got a few long bush scratches from a holly bush that I scraped whilst reverse parking, plus seem to get lots of little marks where people probably brush the car in car parks and stuff which is irritating. However, it is like I say a 13 year old car now so like most of its age its going to have marks and scratches from spending most of its time in the urban environment.

• Like 1

@Zico I ordered those performance brake lights for the car. Will let you know how it goes and the difference in brightness. Better off to get it from eBay as its cheaper and warranty is still included. They increased the price of them on their website so quickly got it from their eBay store just incase they increase it there. 

Screenshot_20190705-230845.png

• Like 2

I do like the image quality on my new camera. It is fantastic. 
I've been taking pics of the moon since I got it a few months ago and the detail it brings out is amazing. 
I've shown the pics to some of my friends and they were shocked at how much detail was there. 
I have been learning how to use the functions on the camera and I mostly use manual mode so I can adjust light etc and also play around with some of the special features like HDR, black and white etc. 
Tonight I sort of managed to capture the partial eclipse but missed it at the point where it was mostly obscured (60% totality tonight). 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Nick Y said:

I do like the image quality on my new camera. It is fantastic. 
I've been taking pics of the moon since I got it a few months ago and the detail it brings out is amazing. 
I've shown the pics to some of my friends and they were shocked at how much detail was there. 
I have been learning how to use the functions on the camera and I mostly use manual mode so I can adjust light etc and also play around with some of the special features like HDR, black and white etc. 
Tonight I sort of managed to capture the partial eclipse but missed it at the point where it was mostly obscured (60% totality tonight). 

There was a fantastic bright full moon on Monday night, it's right outside my window at this point in the cycle so couldn't miss it.  Then I saw on the news last night there was going to be a partial eclipse...that was great once the cloud had cleared.  My phone camera certainly wasn't up to the job of capturing it though lol. 

Last week (or maybe the week before) there was a really bright star I could see from my window...turned out it was Jupiter...I didn't even realise Jupiter could be seen from earth without a telescope.  :laugh:  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

There was a fantastic bright full moon on Monday night, it's right outside my window at this point in the cycle so couldn't miss it.  Then I saw on the news last night there was going to be a partial eclipse...that was great once the cloud had cleared.  My phone camera certainly wasn't up to the job of capturing it though lol. 

Last week (or maybe the week before) there was a really bright star I could see from my window...turned out it was Jupiter...I didn't even realise Jupiter could be seen from earth without a telescope.  :laugh:  

Jupiter is big, like really big.

Often the brightest "stars" in the night sky are our neighbouring planets.

• Like 3

bulbs arrived. Really impressed, ordered them yesterday morning arrived today morning. Hope they are the right ones. 

DSC_0321.JPG

• Like 2

Fitted them on. A lot better compared to the other autobeam bulbs I had. They are a proper red light and it leaves a little imprint in my eye just at the sidelight brightness so imagine it at the brake light brightness. Really nice. 

The original LEDs I had gave out a white light so from inside the housing it gave out a light red light but these performance bulbs give out a nice proper red light which I love. @Zico I highly recommend them. Will wait to see how they look in the night. 

Before and after 

DSC_0277.JPG

DSC_0324.JPG

DSC_0325.JPG

• Like 2

I do like picking up the new member of our family tomorrow morning 

The daddy is a bernese mountain dog 🐂

20190717_192620.thumb.jpg.5eb6207a3ce7d397210540e3cafa5ee4.jpg

And the mammy is a Beagle 

20190717_192556.thumb.jpg.64e93bef81e43ed4fde30951979e2238.jpg

Picked a girl for the wife to keep her company in September when our youngest starts play school

Here she is vaccinated and chipped but unfortunately cant be remapped 😂 going to be big 

20190717_192652.thumb.jpg.fd23d3c6c3a1750dd9c17a51378e6343.jpg

20190717_192717.thumb.jpg.9bb31a645ce9f0b8423a10812a7e1df5.jpg

20190717_192734.thumb.jpg.3eeae36f3168ea75f9230d6461c4b69c.jpg

The kids don't know yet until we collect her tomorrow calling her Cailín which is irish for girl; had it been a boy was going to call it sheamus 😅

• Like 3

Awww, gorgeous pup. I know how big Bernese Mountain dogs can get as my friend had one and he was huge (he weighed more than me). 

• Haha 2

@Stoney871 can we get @zain611 banned for continuous and persistent attacks on my resolve :laughing:.

On the subject of the bulbs, I've just checked my Autobeam order and my existing bulbs haven't even had there first birthday yet (order shipped early September) :happybday:.

I did however check the H7 Led Dipped bulbs & caps that cost £54.90 (Inc. shipping) via eBay and £58.79 (Inc. shipping and a 12% discount code) via the website directly. I don't quite get why they would want to drive traffic away from purchasing from them directly :confused1:.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lenny said:

Picked a girl for the wife to keep her company in September when our youngest starts play school

Here she is vaccinated and chipped but unfortunately cant be remapped 😂 going to be big 

The kids don't know yet until we collect her tomorrow calling her Cailín which is irish for girl; had it been a boy was going to call it sheamus 😅

Gonna be a fair size judging by her parentage.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lenny said:

She's gorgeous!!  And has mischief written all over her lil' face 😁

Mine is now 2...still a knob, but wouldn't change the fuzzy ratbag lol

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Nick Y said:

Awww, gorgeous pup. I know how big Bernese Mountain dogs can get as my friend had one and he was huge (he weighed more than me). 

☺️ I've saw two pedigree Bernese here local theres a guy resembling a viking walks them has long hair and a goatee 😅 there around 3.5" tall like big bears

6 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Gonna be a fair size judging by her parentage.

Thanks mate, 

We were looking for a pedigree beagle with the tri-colours but we really liked these and there two hours closer than the nearest pedigree beagle pups overall saves us four hours travelling and I like big dogs, looking forward to taking it along with us to the forest on sundays and walks in the countryside after we have it registered with the local vet and get the thumbs up to take her around, 

Shes been wormed and vaccinated but were booking an appointment to register with local vet to get her chipped and see if she needs any other vaccinations before we take her around. 

6 hours ago, SeanW said:

She's gorgeous!!  And has mischief written all over her lil' face 😁

Mine is now 2...still a knob, but wouldn't change the fuzzy ratbag lol

😂 im hoping to well I'm hoping to assist the wife in keeping some level of manners on it aswell as fun, 

We found a local dog training service group whom operate a five Saturday morning course, two hours each Saturday for €185 says they want the house hold to attend the first session then the main owner and companion for the remaining sessions; maximum of five dogs per course and they teach obedience training aswell as getting the dog used to other dogs.

The wife will be the master; as I work different shift patterns and she will be here all of the time and it's her new baby to bond with,

General Back ground info here... not expecting any specific person to respond to this but I just want to say; 

I've had five hours sleep last night and I'm wide awake now with excitement 😂 and also relief because the wife is extremely attached to our youngest as in; they have never been apart for more than an hour since birth; we almost lost him when he was three weeks old he got pneumonia in his left lung then got MRSA hospital super bug while in quarantine in the hospital; was then sent home that Christmas with pneumonia and MRSA to keep away from hospital, thankfully he made a complete recovery and is now five years old; hes got both our hearts and the hearts of his two older sisters on two legs, 

Back when he was really sick; the wife was by his side 24/7 but suffered extreme anxiety and had a form of postnatal depression where she wouldn't leave him down atall and had a fear of someone taking him away; she later then reported me missing as she didnt know I was just gone to work; it was the most difficult time for both of us back then especially with chemical imbalances after having a baby and our son is thankfully fully recovered since he was around six months old;

we kept him back a year from starting the school system already; so now we have to pay for his first year €70pw I don't mind doing that and it's his time to progress and has had the wife teaching him everything since birth; 

I just don't want the wife coming home to an empty house when I'm working day shift or in bed from nights; the dog will be like another baby in the house while our son progresses on as he should and the wife is really looking forward to it too; so it's a relief off my shoulders that everything will hopefully progress smoothly in September onwards.

• Like 2

@Lenny sounds like you've got a little fighter there 😉 I can totally see why your wife suffered after reading what you all went through. 

Hopefully the pup will help when your boy starts school...... she'll certainly have her hands full anyway! 😀

• Thanks 1

Just now, Turvey said:

@Lenny sounds like you've got a little fighter there 😉 I can totally see why your wife suffered after reading what you all went through. 

Hopefully the pup will help when your boy starts school...... she'll certainly have her hands full anyway! 😀

Thanks mate 👍

Exhausted after a busy day ☺️

20190718_230201.thumb.jpg.fbbc4fabfd9ed64b64908c85659c20cf.jpg

20190718_230348.thumb.jpg.e13017edd6f2ce715bc62d8bc0fbf373.jpg

• Like 4

I do like coming out of the house this morning after the first rain in ages and seeing water beading all over both our cars.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TimST2 said:

I do like coming out of the house this morning after the first rain in ages and seeing water beading all over both our cars.

On my car there's dust left where the water spots had been 😑

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zain611 said:

On my car there's dust left where the water spots had been 😑

Mine too...the beading looked good but now it looks awful lol.  It's not like normal dust though, looks like flakes of dandruff!!  Don't know if it's some sort of a pollen or what it is! 😮

At least I can't see the mess the SRP made now though! :laugh: 

• Like 2

Well that's something to look forward to later then.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TimST2 said:

Well that's something to look forward to later then.

It's raining now so gonna have a look at the car 🤣

• Haha 1

I do like these explosion proof ex rated phones 

There vintage 1960s and still functional on today's network as the push button was essential to its anti static properties for use in flammable environment.

Found a non Atex model here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VINTAGE-FERNSIG-ESSEN-TYP-5111-SHIPS-BOAT-YACHT-MARINE-DMU-CAB-GYRO-TELEPHONE/142373495266?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3D9d5798fa23c34b569061823dcb18be8e%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D283437549324%26itm%3D142373495266%26pg%3D2481888&_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%3Af9faf37f-ab05-11e9-b362-74dbd1805680|parentrq%3A101301b416c0ad31c3a63c35ff4cc3aa|iid%3A1 

Friend of mine has got a few of them for sale but unsure whether vintage stuff sells best cleaned or left dirty 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club