Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

1 hour ago, zain611 said:
Are you going to get it PPF'd? Might not cost much as its not a large car. Only thing I could think of running in an engine is not flooring it out of temptation [emoji51]

Yes the dealer is going to take it for PPF fitting after PDI. The full kit for this car is £750...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I do like that our neighbours have decided to cut down their willow trees!

We were a bit apprehensive at first when we heard they were going to do it, we thought it might cut down on our privacy but it hasn't impacted at all. 

The only thing it has done is let more light into our outside seating area...... meaning longer alfresco drinking time 🍻🥂

Before and after pics 😎

IMG_20190727_145811534_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190727_200748588_HDR.jpg

• Like 4

Just after 9pm and still catching the sun....... just! ☀️

IMG_20190727_210455226_HDR.jpg

• Like 3

@Turvey really love that you can see the view of that hill / mountain in the distance. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Turvey said:

Just after 9pm and still catching the sun....... just! ☀️

Looking great but You will now be the first to comment about "the evengings getting shorter" ☺️

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Looking great but You will now be the first to comment about "the evengings getting shorter" ☺️

Aye, the nights are fair drawing in! 😆

• Haha 1

Just now, Turvey said:

There must be a bigger gap between sunset times across the UK than I thought, it was already dark by 9pm here last night! 😮 

6 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

There must be a bigger gap between sunset times across the UK than I thought, it was already dark by 9pm here last night! 😮 

We get longer days during the summer than you southerners, but shorter days in the winter. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Wont be long until Christmas 😂

• Haha 1

I just enjoyed 2 hours teaching Mrs. TimST2 to wash her new car [emoji16]

One of the conditions of buying an expensive car was that she had to look after it properly...

She's now an expert in snow foam, wax and wheel sealer [emoji38]

09fe61dab028f9c9aa5bf00edd83ad38.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Something big is parked outside 😳. I'm sure you guys know what it is 

DSC_0333.JPG

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Something big is parked outside 😳. I'm sure you guys know what it is 

DSC_0333.JPG

Looks like a Ranger Wildtrak?  It doesn't look all that much bigger than the Fiat 500 in that picture though! :laugh: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Looks like a Ranger Wildtrak?  It doesn't look all that much bigger than the Fiat 500 in that picture though! :laugh: 

Theres a black one goes around here which has a large pair of black rubber balls hanging from the tow bar ☺️ 

There only a 2.2 Turbo Diesel though I would have thought 3.0 and 4.2 V8 Diesel for its size and 4x4 

The 2.2 would feel like a 1.4 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Theres a black one goes around here which has a large pair of black rubber balls hanging from the tow bar ☺️ 

There only a 2.2 Turbo Diesel though I would have thought 3.0 and 4.2 V8 Diesel for its size and 4x4 

The 2.2 would feel like a 1.4 

They're 3.2 TDCi over here, might be different elsewhere though.  Only 200bhp but loads of torque!  

• Like 1

Latest ones are 2.0tdci only.but varying power outputs. 130, 170,200 or 213ps. Up to 500nm torque. 

• Like 2

This one has a 3.2 V6 TDCI engine. 0 - 60 in 10.9 secs and a claimed 38mpg 😂. The camera makes it look smaller for some reason. 

Dad is going to wire in a dash cam in it for his friend. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, zain611 said:

This one has a 3.2 V6 TDCI engine. 0 - 60 in 10.9 secs and a claimed 38mpg 😂. The camera makes it look smaller for some reason. 

Dad is going to wire in a dash cam in it for his friend. 

Not a V6 but an inline 5 cyl. 

• Like 3

I do like coming across this record today that I completely forgot buying!

20190728_174955.thumb.jpg.b44d2b59b2ace860b972aaed9de57939.jpg20190728_175031.thumb.jpg.33f4d07cf1c5be01ed209a0e287781b6.jpg20190728_175036.thumb.jpg.ea1717c2350f7ddcf891fded969ee085.jpg

Back in the days when you had the freedom to make your own choices and the Government didn't control everything...  Those days are long gone now :sad:

For those who think it is just tobacco that has ended up the way it is now, alcohol will be next, then fatty/sugary foods!  You mark my words!!  Before I retire alcohol will be sold with plain labels and McDonald's won't be allowed to advertise. 

Sorry, this started out as a thing I do like, but has ended up being a rant about what I don't like! :laughing:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like coming across this record today that I completely forgot buying!

Back in the days when you had the freedom to make your own choices and the Government didn't control everything...  Those days are long gone now :sad:

For those who think it is just tobacco that has ended up the way it is now, alcohol will be next, then fatty/sugary foods!  You mark my words!!  Before I retire alcohol will be sold with plain labels and McDonald's won't be allowed to advertise. 

Sorry, this started out as a thing I do like, but has ended up being a rant about what I don't like! :laughing:

Your 100% correct mate, 

I only removed the images in your quote for the purpose of easier reading; 

My grandmother had a B&H ash tray and although my mother never smoked; she missed it as an item which reminded her of her mother's kitchen.

A few years ago I found one on ebay which was the same as my grandmothers; I bid on it and then eBay removed it as it was a form of advertising 🙄 luckily I messaged the seller and I offered more than my initial bid which got it shipped, 

The internet itself is breaking down social interaction even in the workplace which is destroying workers union groups as people aren't standing together on matters which concern each other and there families; there not interacting with colleges to realise the impact of some things.

I find that in my work place; they introduced free wifi in the canteen and now gradually a few people are dropping out of the union as they think theres no point in maintaining membership;

yet the union is currently in labour court talks for a health care deal which would help some people and there familys,

but those using the free wifi dont interact with others In work to know that it would help there family.

For metaphoric example; Dave works overtime to pay for his daughters medical Bill's as she has a long term illness,

Tom a fellow colleague; doesn't know this and thinks medical insurance isn't worth fighting for so he quits the union and saves a few quid every month, 

Tom doesn't know Dave's struggle as tom spends his tea breaks watching game of thrones on his phone thinking the company is great for providing free wifi and delighted with the saving from not being a union member, he works his 40 hours and uses wifi on tea breaks; interacts with nobody and goes home, his wife works part time so he never works weekends to see Dave.

So in my opinion I agree with what your saying the governments are controlling everything but I go one further to say the big employers are also individualising people and keeping control better than before by providing wifi.

• Like 1

Do McDonalds need to advertise?  I mean there can't be many people that don't know about it!! :laugh:

I'm all for a fat and sugar tax personally...  It won't just make poor people spend more (unlike tobacco tax) because it'll make the manufacturers change thier recipes to healthier alternatives.  I'm absolutely fed up of seeing ridiculous items on the market, like one single ice cream lolly containing 55% of your daily saturated fat...  I know it's meant to be a 'treat' but even so that's absurd!  :unsure:

Sugar is just as bad...look at the amount of sugar in a regular cereal & yogurt before adding the natural sugars of fruit as well...  😮 By the end of breakfast you've already had half of your daily allowance...a glass of OJ will put you into the next day's allowance lol...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Do McDonalds need to advertise?  I mean there can't be many people that don't know about it!! :laugh:

I'm all for a fat and sugar tax personally...  It won't just make poor people spend more (unlike tobacco tax) because it'll make the manufacturers change thier recipes to healthier alternatives.  I'm absolutely fed up of seeing ridiculous items on the market, like one single ice cream lolly containing 55% of your daily saturated fat...  I know it's meant to be a 'treat' but even so that's absurd!  :unsure:

Sugar is just as bad...look at the amount of sugar in a regular cereal & yogurt before adding the natural sugars of fruit as well...  😮 By the end of breakfast you've already had half of your daily allowance...a glass of OJ will put you into the next day's allowance lol...

I always thought the sugar tax was mainly aimed at the energy drinks which personally I'm addicted to and have been for over fifteen years now; I used to smoke twenty cigarettes per weekday and forty per weekend day and drink three - four cans of red bull,

Until my stomach started to spasm/quiver straight after redbull; I'm now drinking two - three cans of Monster energy Rossi yellow per day, I quit cigarettes thirteen years ago and now starting to drink coffee to try quit the monster but theres still something in the monster which my body is craving as two sugar in an Americano Nescafe Azera doesn't comfort.

Anyway im over elaborating on things now as I've just had eight cans of Bulmers or mangers ad you may call it over there ☺️🍻

I don't know why they don't just ban energy drinks as Redbull for example is illegal in France 

If it wasn't for nicotine and caffeine I wouldn't function at all.
It annoys me that I have to be age checked in supermarkets to buy Red Bull.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

If it wasn't for nicotine and caffeine I wouldn't function at all.
It annoys me that I have to be age checked in supermarkets to buy Red Bull.

You must look young for the staff to confirm your age. I remember going tescos to get some fireworks back on bonfire night and the lady asking for ID. Luckily kept my driving licence. Sadly you get stupid kids messing around with them hence the identity checks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I be careful with my sugar intake as diabetes runs in the family and that too much sugar can lead to insulin resistance. 

After a long time I had a magnum along with a flake bar. The magnum has 28g of sugar and the flake only was 4.8g. I limit myself as if I'm diabetic 😂. Saying that though controlling your sugar intake does have its benefits. 

• Like 1

You must look young for the staff to confirm your age. I remember going tescos to get some fireworks back on bonfire night and the lady asking for ID. Luckily kept my driving licence. Sadly you get stupid kids messing around with them hence the identity checks. 

By age check I mean at the self check tills that flash the red light to an operator for their interaction.

I feel like a naughty schoolkid standing there waiting for some member of staff who is most likely under 25 having to tell the till I'm over 25 [emoji53].

Even worse if I'm in uniform and have to stand there like a right plum.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club