Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7
聽Share

1 hour ago, wilto said:

Have you seen some of the modellers on you tube building aircraft, these guys are pure artist, I used to make airfix models as a young lad but by God these guys are on another level

Probably never step outside the house 馃槄

2 hours ago, wilto said:

Have you seen some of the modellers on you tube building aircraft, these guys are pure artist, I used to make airfix models as a young lad but by God these guys are on another level

I have indeed seen kit build videos on YouTube. I've also seen fantastic builds on many model forums. Most of the people who create excellent models have been making them for years.
I joined a model forum 5 years ago when I took the hobby up again and since being on that forum, I have improved so much and learned new tricks thanks to their advice and pointers.聽

5 years ago this month I picked up my first Airfix model kit (Harrier jet) and built it. It was a gift from a family member and when I had finished it, it looked horrible with sloppy painting and no decals on. I restored it last year and the difference was very noticeable.
A few years before that I had picked up an聽Airfix set (RNLI Rescue set with a Sea King helicopter and Severn Class lifeboat) but that sat unbuilt until after I had finished the Harrier.
I had built a few Airfix kits as a boy but never really took an interest in models until my health deteriorated 5 years ago. In the 5 years since I started building them again, I have built 81 models of various scales and I enjoy building them, painting them and then looking at the finished product.聽

3 hours ago, Lenny said:

Probably never step outside the house 馃槄

I haven't been going out much lately because of the holidays and finishing uni. I don't know why but if I don't occupy myself for a bit such as now I just start getting negative thoughts. Main example is getting flashbacks coming across bad drivers on the road. I then start imagining confrontation. It's honestly not great. I've seen this happen to one of my uncles who doesn't do anything and gets bad thoughts about the family.聽

• Like 1

Yesterday managed to get a new tire. Was around 拢35 supplied and fitted and it looks really good the tread design.聽

DSC_0354.JPG

DSC_0355.JPG

• Like 1

9 hours ago, zain611 said:

I haven't been going out much lately because of the holidays and finishing uni. I don't know why but if I don't occupy myself for a bit such as now I just start getting negative thoughts. Main example is getting flashbacks coming across bad drivers on the road. I then start imagining confrontation. It's honestly not great. I've seen this happen to one of my uncles who doesn't do anything and gets bad thoughts about the family.聽

I grew up in the remote country side; so I can relate to what your saying; 鈽猴笍

sometimes I still feel awkward now living in a town of over 50,000 people 馃槄 I still find myself having conversations in my head rather than to another person.

These days; I spend most of my time either working a shift or sleeping; hoping to get out more with the new pet dog needing walking but I still get nervous at 34 years of age when on a country road,聽

Too much alone time melts your head;聽

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zain611 said:

This is quite common, it's called ruminating and can lead to anxiety or depression etc...聽 Is there anywhere locally to walk around, nice park or river or anything? 聽

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

This is quite common, it's called ruminating and can lead to anxiety or depression etc...聽 Is there anywhere locally to walk around, nice park or river or anything? 聽

I have this problem, even with having the car. Another family member is also going through it with their anxiety and we are trying to force them to go out for a drive with us.聽

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nick Y said:

I have this problem, even with having the car. Another family member is also going through it with their anxiety and we are trying to force them to go out for a drive with us.聽

Yeah, me too.聽 Between intrusive thoughts and rumination I just try to spend as much time outside of my own head as possible, it's not a nice place in there!聽 I tend to force myself out for a walk most days now, not because it's calming, but because it's a different type of stress and serves as a brief external distraction from internal issues. :smile:

• Like 1

@Lenny definitely agree with your last paragraph. It just circles around in your head. Best really to occupy yourself and your mind. When I'm sitting at home doing nothing for a while it just gives time for those bad thoughts to come in.聽

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

You might need to be my therapist 馃槀. Yesterday went out took my mum shopping. Feels like I haven't been out around people for a while. Felt like my senses were messed up. Monday I might go out to the detail shop and might also go to the fish shop. If the plate holders come on Monday then might be at home and go to those places Tuesday but at least that'll give me something to do as I can put my new plates on 馃槉.聽

With the crime in my area or even the country i don't think I would walk around in a park.聽

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick Y said:

To be honest I think driving for me adds to this. I'm honestly fed up of guys driving around in classy cars and queue jumping 馃槫. People have the money but lack some brain.聽

I almost forgot I got sniper elite 4 a few days ago as its free on PSN this month 馃槈

I do like that I managed to easily replace the thermal paste on my Xbox One X so that the cooler is much more effective now.

The previous thermal paste was all dry and was causing the fan to ramp up a bit. Now it's replaced, it's far quieter than before.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Zico said:

I do like that I managed to easily replace the thermal paste on my Xbox One X so that the cooler is much more effective now.

The previous thermal paste was all dry and was causing the fan to ramp up a bit. Now it's replaced, it's far quieter than before.

I wonder if that's the issue with PS4 pros too. Mine has overheated twice in the last month despite being adequately ventilated. The PS4 sounds like a jet engine when it's getting warm (both pro and standard).聽

8 hours ago, zain611 said:

To be honest I think driving for me adds to this. I'm honestly fed up of guys driving around in classy cars and queue jumping 馃槫. People have the money but lack some brain.聽

I almost forgot I got sniper elite 4 a few days ago as its free on PSN this month 馃槈

Driving actually calms me most of the time and because of the cause of some of my anxiety, being in the car means I can isolate myself from contaminants and get away quickly if something triggers it off.聽

Yes, SE4 and wipeout are the free PS+ games this month. I can remember the original wipeout racer on PS1.聽

• Like 2

I do like painting the bathroom door and door frame last night!聽 Quite an achievement for me considering my hatred for gloss paint... :angry:

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Nick Y said:

Yes, SE4 and wipeout are the free PS+ games this month. I can remember the original wipeout racer on PS1.聽

Wipeout was one of the first games to be released on the Playstation one, along with Tekken and Crash Bandicoot聽

Liam our Bearnese Beagle got his second set of injections and Chipped last Monday morning聽

Can now take him with us to the forest for the first time today he's twelve weeks old now

20190811_135654.thumb.jpg.7d30f587f35afe7b33590c8895991229.jpg

20190804_181459.thumb.jpg.319ddb8d6f388e48bc90f7a6502c9661.jpg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Nick Y said:

I wonder if that's the issue with PS4 pros too. Mine has overheated twice in the last month despite being adequately ventilated. The PS4 sounds like a jet engine when it's getting warm (both pro and standard).聽

I don't own (or have even used) a PS4 so I've no idea how loud they get. This is the YouTube channel that I visited before I attempted to re-paste my Xbox:聽https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfOrKQtC1tDfGf_fFVb8pYw/featured

There is a specific video where he's shown actual overheating on all three versions of the PS4.

He's also got one on thermal paste (original PS4), a detailed teardown video of the PS4 Pro and one on cleaning of the console as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zico said:

I don't own (or have even used) a PS4 so I've no idea how loud they get. This is the YouTube channel that I visited before I attempted to re-paste my Xbox:聽https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfOrKQtC1tDfGf_fFVb8pYw/featured

There is a specific video where he's shown actual overheating on all three versions of the PS4.

He's also got one on thermal paste (original PS4), a detailed teardown video of the PS4 Pro and one on cleaning of the console as well.

• Like 1

Like how the reverse camera looks after cutting the boot handle and repositioning it there. Looks factory 馃槉. Gives space now hopefully for the plate to be positioned correctly.聽

DSC_0356.JPG

DSC_0358.JPG

DSC_0357.JPG

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like painting the bathroom door and door frame last night!聽 Quite an achievement for me considering my hatred for gloss paint... :angry:

Gloss paint?聽 *shudder*聽聽

4 hours ago, Lenny said:

Liam our Bearnese Beagle got his second set of injections and Chipped last Monday morning聽

Can now take him with us to the forest for the first time today he's twelve weeks old now

20190811_135654.thumb.jpg.7d30f587f35afe7b33590c8895991229.jpg

20190804_181459.thumb.jpg.319ddb8d6f388e48bc90f7a6502c9661.jpg

Don't think he's wanting a walk mate 馃槅

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, zain611 said:

Like how the reverse camera looks after cutting the boot handle and repositioning it there. Looks factory 馃槉. Gives space now hopefully for the plate to be positioned correctly.聽imageproxy.php?img=&key=0e662d3074f136c9

DSC_0356.JPG

DSC_0358.JPG

DSC_0357.JPG

Looking Ace mate 馃憤

I love doing little projects like that,聽

Sadly I don't get to do too many like that anymore; doing the house these days and theres less skill involved and less room for tweaks like there was with the car,

Most tweaks with the house have now been done; everything else is straight forward.

Getting back to you though; you have made a fantastic job on that mate looks factory fitted,聽

Maximum street Credit for making it virtually unnoticeable 馃弲馃弲馃弲馃弲馃弲

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

Looking Ace mate 馃憤

I love doing little projects like that,聽

Sadly I don't get to do too many like that anymore; doing the house these days and theres less skill involved and less room for tweaks like there was with the car,

Most tweaks with the house have now been done; everything else is straight forward.

Getting back to you though; you have made a fantastic job on that mate looks factory fitted,聽

Maximum street Credit for making it virtually unnoticeable 馃弲馃弲馃弲馃弲馃弲

I think that's what happens when you get married. There'll be other commitments. I'm planning that when I start full time work I can at least have a property on rent and have a nice expensive car before I get married. Probably forget getting a nice classy car if I'm married due to the money going to other stuff.

Not long now till I can get my plates on 馃槉. Moved the camera so I can make space for the new plate and holder.聽

• Like 1

9 hours ago, zain611 said:

I think that's what happens when you get married. There'll be other commitments. I'm planning that when I start full time work I can at least have a property on rent and have a nice expensive car before I get married. Probably forget getting a nice classy car if I'm married due to the money going to other stuff.

Not long now till I can get my plates on 馃槉. Moved the camera so I can make space for the new plate and holder.聽

Were together eighteen years; were living together seventeen and half of those years 鈽猴笍 got the Mortgage twelve years ago I just changed hobbies from the car to the house in 2015 after the recession passed over as there was more security in employment which guaranteed the future of my mortgage,聽

Alot of customisation can be done when installing the home entertainment and lighting but for me that's all finished now; the rest is just doors, tiles and flooring which theres not much extra tweaks can be done there;

Through doing a few cars you discover the modifications that make a difference and those that you wouldn't do again,the sound system and lowering is worth it but the body kit and bigger wheels I wouldn't bother next time,聽

You will still have a nice car and improve the house if you marry someone whom works aswell as yourself 鈽猴笍 then you both have an income aswell as a common ground for coming together rather than being told what you need to do next.

• Like 1

I do like this table unit I've purchased from amazon Arrived this morning聽

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07G75XTC5?ref=ppx_pt2_dt_b_prod_image

20190812_095943.thumb.jpg.23f77c4bbad463c4d039feb6905c73db.jpg

I work different shifts and find myself getting dinners in the car at a local service station every third week,聽

So this table unit will be really useful rather than using one of the kids booster seats to balance the plate,

20190812_095852.thumb.jpg.40d28fd140d22afe7a3730342a3cd79d.jpg

20190812_095843.thumb.jpg.c5eac97115ea8c14ca0abed5575e3bb0.jpg

• Like 1

@Lenny聽I bought this number plate holder for my new plates. Hopefully they'll arrive tomorrow. I think they arrived to the country today from Denmark. I'm just worried using sticky pads as some people have complained about their plates falling off.

This holder is slim and doesn't have that thick bottom which normally is where advertisement is placed. Wanted a holder which is descreet and looks kind of clean.聽

DEZENTOFIX CMS License Plate Holder - Top RatedBESTSELLER from Germany, 2 Pieces -NEW! - The long expected DISCREET Solutionfrom GERMANY! https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0102N7QN8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_ffvuDbQ15V68W