Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

I do like that my nephews friend likes my fiesta. He's actually considering getting one. He drove behind me going home from my nephews and he was amazed at how nippy the car really is. 
He was also surprised at how good the standard audio system is in the car. Admittedly the sound is better when stood outside with the doors closed (you can hear the bass more). 
I test wired my old sub up whilst I was at my nephews but I must've wired it wrong as the sub was louder than I remember.
Are the front Speakers amplified as standard in the mk7.5 as they are much better than the rear ones?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nick Y said:

I do like that my nephews friend likes my fiesta. He's actually considering getting one. He drove behind me going home from my nephews and he was amazed at how nippy the car really is. 
He was also surprised at how good the standard audio system is in the car. Admittedly the sound is better when stood outside with the doors closed (you can hear the bass more). 
I test wired my old sub up whilst I was at my nephews but I must've wired it wrong as the sub was louder than I remember.
Are the front speakers amplified as standard in the mk7.5 as they are much better than the rear ones?

The Fader setting could be set towards the front more than the rear; 

I used to set mine to F2 which is +2 on the rear compared to the front then lower the bass by 3 this allows you to turn it up louder without distortion like a plastic bag, 

My mate has a mk1 Toyota yaris 1.0 and it's how he drives it which makes me struggle sometimes in my 1.6TDCi 😅 I've driven the yaris and cant get the same output from it atall; 

All in the gear changes must be ☺️

Kinda off topic Q - but does anyone know of any car meets/clubs in the south?

Cheerio everyone btw, been off the forum for a while!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Incontro said:

Kinda off topic Q - but does anyone know of any car meets/clubs in the south?

Cheerio everyone btw, been off the forum for a while!

Well to keep it on topic, how are you liking the Mondeo compared to the Focus? :wink:

There aren't really any meets through this forum that I've seen.  There is the odd show clubstand like FordFair but you've missed that for this year.  Are you on Facebook or Instagram?  That's where most of the car clubs are these days.

• Like 1

Together with the wife eighteen years today 🏅

• Like 4

7 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Well to keep it on topic, how are you liking the Mondeo compared to the Focus? :wink:

There aren't really any meets through this forum that I've seen.  There is the odd show clubstand like FordFair but you've missed that for this year.  Are you on Facebook or Instagram?  That's where most of the car clubs are these days.

hey VW traitor, good to see you again! 😉

Loving the mondeo, it's very refined and comfortable compared to the Focus. Only downside ive found so far is that its a bit thirsty 😐 but do get a smile on my face when i boot it every once in a while!

how's the golf doing? 

no not on FB or insta sadly, and i feel old for saying that, maybe i should get insta. I deleted my fb a while back, dont regret it though.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Incontro said:

hey VW traitor, good to see you again! 😉

Loving the mondeo, it's very refined and comfortable compared to the Focus. Only downside ive found so far is that its a bit thirsty 😐 but do get a smile on my face when i boot it every once in a while!

how's the golf doing? 

no not on FB or insta sadly, and i feel old for saying that, maybe i should get insta. I deleted my fb a while back, dont regret it though.

Lol, that was my first thought when I read 'EcoBoost' Mondeo...you must be popular at the petrol station!  They are very comfortable & refined as you say though! :biggrin:

The Golf is still plodding on, owned it 13 months now without spending a penny on it so can't complain.  It's still starting regens at the most inappropriate times though...like the final 2 miles of suburban roads after a 30 mile round trip on the dual carriageway today. :rolleyes:

Lol, Facebook is for us old folk now, Insta is where the youngsters hang out! :laugh:

I have recently joined Instagram myself but don't really get it...it's just a slightly more awkward Facebook with only pictures... :unsure: Having said that, I have found a few events through it, both car related and non that I wouldn't have known about otherwise.

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Lol, that was my first thought when I read 'EcoBoost' Mondeo...you must be popular at the petrol station!  They are very comfortable & refined as you say though! :biggrin:

The Golf is still plodding on, owned it 13 months now without spending a penny on it so can't complain.  It's still starting regens at the most inappropriate times though...like the final 2 miles of suburban roads after a 30 mile round trip on the dual carriageway today. :rolleyes:

Lol, Facebook is for us old folk now, Insta is where the youngsters hang out! :laugh:

I have recently joined Instagram myself but don't really get it...it's just a slightly more awkward Facebook with only pictures... :unsure: Having said that, I have found a few events through it, both car related and non that I wouldn't have known about otherwise.

At first I was going nuts about MPG, constantly resetting the trip computer every long drive, and seeing how much I could squeeze out if I granny-ed it. My record is 46 MPG when the M4 was roadworks at 50 MPH almost all the way to London from Berkshire. But 40-42 MPG is easily achievable at 65-70 MPH.

The official claimed MPG for highways is 49 MPG. But no owner on any forum has ever achieved that. I'm beyond caring now, and done away with fiddling around with the trip computer lol. (My focus wasn't hugely better on the motorway, it got only 42-46 MPG.) Also, I mostly drive it weekends, weekdays I commute to work via bus since it's cheaper and easier for my trip. So I still have a lower carbon footprint than a Prius driver 😄

Ah yeah I remember, you're a dirty diesel fan !  What's a regen? 😉 I guess the diesel Golf is the perfect type of car for your commute! Does it have many toys?

Very true. I might join insta some day soon, so that I can be down with the kids 😄 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Incontro said:

At first I was going nuts about MPG, constantly resetting the trip computer every long drive, and seeing how much I could squeeze out if I granny-ed it. My record is 46 MPG when the M4 was roadworks at 50 MPH almost all the way to London from Berkshire. But 40-42 MPG is easily achievable at 65-70 MPH.

The official claimed MPG for highways is 49 MPG. But no owner on any forum has ever achieved that. I'm beyond caring now, and done away with fiddling around with the trip computer lol. (My focus wasn't hugely better on the motorway, it got only 42-46 MPG.) Also, I mostly drive it weekends, weekdays I commute to work via bus since it's cheaper and easier for my trip. So I still have a lower carbon footprint than a Prius driver 😄

Ah yeah I remember, you're a dirty diesel fan !  What's a regen? 😉 I guess the diesel Golf is the perfect type of car for your commute! Does it have many toys?

Very true. I might join insta some day soon, so that I can be down with the kids 😄 

A bus?  Eww...rather you than me! :laugh:

Haha, no a diesel Golf is absolutely not suitable for my driving at all, I do mostly short, cold journeys! :lol:  However I'm on a very low income so running costs are paramount, there aren't any Golf-sized hatches with petrol engines in the £30 tax bracket and doing 55mpg+ (old enough to be within my used-car budget) so I have to stick with diesels for now.  After running costs, comfort & toys are my next priority, it is the top spec Match version but no optional extras at all, so I've lost a few things compared to the Mk2.5 Focus Titanium sadly, no full leathers, no powerfold mirrors, no privacy glass, no heated windscreen.  However it does have optical front and rear parking sensors, DAB and SD card input as well as the usual cruise control and auto lights/wipers/mirror.  Ice cold air con also but not climate control unfortunately.  It does the job, but that's really all I can say about it, I'd swap it today if I could find something better, meeting my strict criteria and in budget lol.

• Like 1

Just checking TV listings for the weekend and noticed they're repeating the Antiques Roadshow that I was on in the audience lol...any AR fans on here keep an eye out. :wink:   If you don't know what I look like, think pale, nervous and receding hairline...Stuart from Big Bang Theory for example. :laugh: 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Just checking TV listings for the weekend and noticed they're repeating the Antiques Roadshow that I was on in the audience lol...any AR fans on here keep an eye out. :wink:   If you don't know what I look like, think pale, nervous and receding hairline...Stuart from Big Bang Theory for example. :laugh: 

Lol :smile: see if I can spot you

• Like 1

Lol what time and day is it on? Just going to find someone on there that matches my imaginary description of you 😂

12 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Lol what time and day is it on? Just going to find someone on there that matches my imaginary description of you 😂

8pm, Sunday night, BBC1.  Good luck! :laugh: 

• Like 1

I like finding this guy in the conservatory. I don't think he's well though as he must of been stuck inside the whole night 😢

DSC_0377.JPG

3 hours ago, zain611 said:

I like finding this guy in the conservatory. I don't think he's well though as he must of been stuck inside the whole night 😢

DSC_0377.JPG

Is that a set of Montreal 2's? :whistling:

Is that a set of Montreal 2's? :whistling:

Their off a VW bora highline 😂. Dad put a set of black steel wheels on which I don't like. He does have a set of the anniversary wheels in the loft and looking to whever fit or sell them 

• Like 1

I do like the multicar insurance for my Fiesta ST and Mrs. TimST2's Mercedes GLC coming in at £670 for both of us driving both cars :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Like fitting my private plate on. Just a little worried about the plate holders. Seems to be holding the plate firmly. The front one (most likely due to the curve) the plate doesn't stay behind the top hooks however the side and bottom hooks are keeping it in place plus I added double sided tap on the springs which hopefully hold the plate more. Can't see how it'll unslot itself upwards from the holder though saying that I tried pushing the plate up and it wasn't budging. 

DSC_0380.JPG

DSC_0384.JPG

DSC_0382.JPG

• Like 2

I like seeing these on a trip to London this evening!

8565E06E-DB45-44E6-BE32-2DE96C571935.jpeg

D5E10495-7070-42BB-8ACE-0797E0AD90CF.jpeg

35DF4268-3B6E-481F-BEE1-F420E932B4E1.jpeg

63F39262-3FE5-4E34-814D-8F3D3CF3061B.jpeg

D31AEB83-7F7B-47C4-BE90-25C0AFC8C6AA.jpeg

30B12905-3B55-488D-89E8-008AA73A9144.jpeg

8000821C-9EAB-4B3D-8C66-C3E67224E6C1.jpeg

• Like 3

The Lamborghini looks like a replica,

My workmate builds fibreglass parts for Toyota MR2 to look like Lamborghini's 

I do like our four year old son saying things like yesterday; we have a little beagle pup around gour weeks now called Liam,

Our son is a huge "Paw Patrol" fan,

And theres a beagle called "Special Agent Tracker" in paw patrol,

So yesterday morning I got up out of bed and he called me in to his room and says " dad can we get another dog like liam soon?" 

I asked why and said maybe next year we might get him a friend perhaps, 

He says "me just want one like liam but call him special agent tracker, that's all me want dad" 

He then went on to say " Ho Ho mighty bring me a dog called special agent tracker, then me wont need you to get one" 

😂 honestly my heart on two legs that lad hes as mad as the day is long.

tracker.png.24a9be30c505460a91de442e624e1692.png

• Like 1

On 8/13/2019 at 8:39 AM, Lenny said:

The Fader setting could be set towards the front more than the rear; 

I used to set mine to F2 which is +2 on the rear compared to the front then lower the bass by 3 this allows you to turn it up louder without distortion like a plastic bag, 

At the time the fader was set to equal. I can manually adjust the gain and boost on the amp so it might just be a case of fiddling with it until the right setting is found. 
I also didn't like the fact that it rattles the boot and spoiler so much when it was active but again this could have been down to the settings on the amp. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nick Y said:

At the time the fader was set to equal. I can manually adjust the gain and boost on the amp so it might just be a case of fiddling with it until the right setting is found. 
I also didn't like the fact that it rattles the boot and spoiler so much when it was active but again this could have been down to the settings on the amp. 

My door handle inserts keep falling out now with the bass from my sealed 10" sub and amplified 6.5" in the doors 🙆‍♂️ sealed sub enclosure is great for resonating bass; it's not loud noise its deep shaking feel it in your chest 

19 hours ago, zain611 said:

Their off a VW bora highline 😂. Dad put a set of black steel wheels on which I don't like. He does have a set of the anniversary wheels in the loft and looking to whever fit or sell them 

Yeah they're Monty 2's.  Also came on the Mk4 Golf GTi/GT TDI 150...I bought a set for my GT TDI 130 back in the day...and swapped them onto the blue 130 as well! :laugh:  Can't believe it was 8 years ago now! 😮

No photo description available. 

No photo description available. 

• Like 1

Can just about make out the MK4, but there are 4 generations of Focus here.

2AFFE58C-6E12-4FC6-90B3-571A6C17AD46.jpeg

• Like 2

I'm a tiny bit jealous now 😅 wife sent me this selfie at 06:45am yesterday morning; she was watching Television on the sofa

When liam sat up beside her putting his paw on top of her arm yawned and rest his head on her side ☺️ great bond they have now.

IMG-20190816-WA0002.thumb.jpg.e38a6ed307242ad572f5973d0a04bbd3.jpg

IMG-20190816-WA0001.thumb.jpg.16774c92dbf5110ad5177fa6a000c28e.jpg

And here he is thismorning after a walk 😂

20190816_103409.thumb.jpg.a5cfca255fda3fbfefc6efe16ceb773d.jpg

20190816_103414.thumb.jpg.8c9e364711ce322a2f20b17e7234feff.jpg

hes getting big compared to four weeks ago; 

20190721_153922.thumb.jpg.d59fecf6315715f2fb089b0704bf20cb.jpg

Sorry for all the Puppy Spam posts guys 😅

• Like 5

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club