Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

I do/did like watching how mattresses are made on Inside the Factory last night...  Anyone else see it?  I was amazed I'd got this old without knowing what's inside one! :smile: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I do/did like watching how mattresses are made on Inside the Factory last night...  Anyone else see it?  I was amazed I'd got this old without knowing what's inside one! :smile: 

Ive not saw what your talking about but;

I'm disappointed to discover they don't all come with money stuffed inside them, 

Also European mattress are longer than uk 

The uk mattress in 190cm long 

EURO mattress is 200cm long 

If you have a uk mattress in a European bed; you can purchase a pocket to fit the 10cm gap here: https://www.lovefurniture.ie/bedroom/mattresses/sprung-mattresses/mattress-gap-filler/mattress-gap-filler-storage-box-pouch 

I've dissected two mattresses recently in the thread here saved myself few euro on the disposal 

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I must admit, it took me a couple of watches before I realise it was the back of your head at 53s! :laugh:   That must be a weird angle for you though...have you ever seen yourself from behind before?  Not sure I'd recognise myself from behind! :biggrin: 

I had a bushy head then and that black coat which I like to call a detailing coat (as the car detailing YouTuber I watch wears a similar coat) I always wear. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, zain611 said:

I had a bushy head then and that black coat which I like to call a detailing coat (as the car detailing YouTuber I watch wears a similar coat) I always wear. 

I have a waterproof fleece jacket given to me  from work; I like to wear as it reminds people of "Breaking Bad" 😂

Doesn't swet you as much as a full acid suit.

Eh; all views are my own opinion just putting that in there to keep It work compliant 😅

• Like 2

I do like that the headache (anxiety!) of trying to juggle buying a new car and selling my previous one is over. Relatively painless and I hope that the new owner has many many years of trouble free motoring. It's stayed local so will still see old Bluey around!

And the new car, well, she's gorgeous. Only a 1.6tdi 110ps engine, but my god doesn't it feel like it's got loads more power than the 1.6 100ps engine in my Focus. Not only that, but less road tax, more economical and much more roomy. Pics will follow once I've given her a decent clean, polish and wax!

• Like 2

Currently chilling out with a weekend away at C4R-FEST. It's scorchio!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Micro said:

I do like that the headache (anxiety!) of trying to juggle buying a new car and selling my previous one is over. Relatively painless and I hope that the new owner has many many years of trouble free motoring. It's stayed local so will still see old Bluey around!

And the new car, well, she's gorgeous. Only a 1.6tdi 110ps engine, but my god doesn't it feel like it's got loads more power than the 1.6 100ps engine in my Focus. Not only that, but less road tax, more economical and much more roomy. Pics will follow once I've given her a decent clean, polish and wax!

Get it remapped 😉. Will add another 20-30hp. Mine has 90hp but can get it to 120hp with just a standard map. 

On 8/20/2019 at 7:33 PM, RAIDER32 said:

Only got it Friday and only done short urban trips so far, so average was about 29MPG,
It's just dropped to 25MPG, that pull is so addictive when you've never had a fast car before,
You begin to think "I'll leave that annoying Stop/Start on for now, so I can floor it later" lol.

You're 100% correct right about the pull!

My 0-60 time from my Focus to my Mondeo pretty much halved lol.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Micro said:

It's such a weird feeling to see your own car being driven away by someone, to never come back!

A bittersweet feeling, but possibly more bitter depending upon how much you liked the car and how reliable it was lol

On 8/22/2019 at 7:40 PM, Micro said:

Only a 1.6tdi 110ps engine, but my god doesn't it feel like it's got loads more power than the 1.6 100ps engine in my Focus. Not only that, but less road tax, more economical

When I went from a 2l petrol Vauxhall (:blush:) to my 1.8TDCI Focus in 2011, I was expected a drop in power, as that is what the spec. said. But the useful and available power from the 1.8 is so much greater. I was amazed, and still am at times. I had to drop two cogs on the Vauxhall to get it to go from cruising to decent acceleration, on the Focus I just open the throttle. No fuss, no noise, it just goes!

And I just got 56mpg on a rather slow and traffic infested run from Dorset up to South Derbyshire and around the area. Speed variations from 70+ to 0, stop - go driving, etc, is not a recipe for economy, but it was the best economy I have had. Measured by filling station fuel meters, not fancy software guesswork!. That is on a 13 year old car, newer cars should be even better.

On 8/23/2019 at 3:03 PM, TimST2 said:
Currently chilling out with a weekend away at C4R-FEST. It's scorchio!

Another sunny day at Jody Scheckter's farm today. Did the Jaguar off-road course in an E-Pace with the kids in the back (!) and got an interesting perspective on the track later on...

babe3069d820c46e445e59bf522e0829.jpg&key=4707834c2b39aec3e9d00799b6fd6b391be03b108cf4b754258f8dd5e92b16a3

• Like 3

Went for the usual Forest walk today with the kids and now the dog,

Bought this adjustable lead from amazon which is fantastic, it has a series of rings meaning it can be shortened or extended depending on which ring you clip the end in to.

Ment our five year old son could walk the dog by us putting the lead in the strap mode over the shoulder where there was no fear should our son let go of the lead; its still over his shoulder, 

The dog also has a non pull collar strap fitted from the same company, hasn't pulled once since fitted and it doesn't choke him neither it relaxes his front legs if he pulls making him naturally lose power 

IMG-20190818-WA0002.thumb.jpg.fa5690d77bdc09c63a4be2f0bfc2d3d8.jpg

Link to both items:

Lead: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003XLC8JE?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details 

Collar: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003XLC7TU?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details 

They have since tried to pretend hes a cat he seems alright with the idea 🤷‍♂️

IMG-20190823-WA0000.thumb.jpg.ec4e1938e6466e41254e059eb527a296.jpg

• Like 3

13 hours ago, zain611 said:

@Lenny where have you been these few days 😂

Been working extra hours haven't had time to log on as much 

• Like 1

I do like that I went for a road trip yesterday with my nephew and a friend. We had planned to visit the village where I grew up and go up the hill to see the Lancaster bomber fly over a former airfield there. Unfortunately the Lancaster went technical and couldn't fly so instead we went to a nearby airport. 
We did manage to see a couple of planes landing and a bit later taking off again but the best experience was seeing the big Coastguard Sikorsky S-92 powering up, taking off and conducting an exercise with a mountain rescue team on site. 
It was amazing standing there about 200ft away watching the thing just hover and then dropping the winch line to the ground crew and then later dropping a stretcher and lifting it back into the helicopter. 
I got some really good photos of the planes and the helicopter. 4 videos of the Coastguard helicopter exercise have been uploaded to my YouTube channel.

• Like 4

I like getting my tyre fixed for £25 in the end, luckily the screw wasn't deep enough to need a new one. As an aside, whats the best way to remove lacquer scratches (from when I accidentally reversed along a bush last year) that wont polish out? I've got a chipex kit but I don't know if that sort of thing is necessary for lacquer scratches.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

I like getting my tyre fixed for £25 in the end, luckily the screw wasn't deep enough to need a new one. As an aside, whats the best way to remove lacquer scratches (from when I accidentally reversed along a bush last year) that wont polish out? I've got a chipex kit but I don't know if that sort of thing is necessary for lacquer scratches.

Are you sure it's only through the lacquer?  If so, you should be able to remove it with some harsh cutting compound, polish like SRP won't be strong enough though.

You can also buy lacquer pens like touch up pens, will still need work afterwards to blend that in though.

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Are you sure it's only through the lacquer?  If so, you should be able to remove it with some harsh cutting compound, polish like SRP won't be strong enough though.

You can also buy lacquer pens like touch up pens, will still need work afterwards to blend that in though.

I can't feel it with my fingernail, so I assume its not very deep. I guess it could be through to the paint, in which case I'll get the chipex paint on it.

2 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

To tell if you have a scratch on the laquer you fingernail should not be able to catch it. If so a polish would get that out preferably with a DA polisher. I had a twig scratch the car I think you remember and luckily it came out with a machine compound. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

I can't feel it with my fingernail, so I assume its not very deep. I guess it could be through to the paint, in which case I'll get the chipex paint on it.

It should polish out if you can't feel it as Zain says. :smile:

• Like 1

On 8/24/2019 at 7:59 PM, TimST2 said:

Another sunny day at Jody Scheckter's farm today. Did the Jaguar off-road course in an E-Pace with the kids in the back (!) and got an interesting perspective on the track later on...

babe3069d820c46e445e59bf522e0829.jpg&key=4707834c2b39aec3e9d00799b6fd6b391be03b108cf4b754258f8dd5e92b16a3

Well I can thoroughly recommend C4R-FEST to any fellow car enthusiasts with young families. The cars were great, the music was great and this year's weather was amazing.

I've never actually been to a festival before (!), although I have been to car events like the Goodwood Revival and Goodwood Festival of Speed. The kids (4 and 9) did really well too - dancing well beyond their normal bedtimes to Texas, Beverly Knight and Sophie Ellis-Bexter. I have to admit that we didn't camp though - it was only £50 more to stay at a hotel 20 minutes away. Getting to and from the site each day was no bother either, especially given the good night's sleep and nice bathroom.

Highlights for me were the Caterham stand and 620 out on track, the historic Lotus F1 cars (Type 16 and Type 49) out on track, and the STARFEST stage F1 chat show with Jody Scheckter, Mark Webber, Zak Brown and Adrian Newey. Oh, and the organic water buffalo ice cream that Jody Scheckter makes on his farm 😋

• Like 2

@dtulip8 heres how I took off my scratch. Just today I rubbed against a Bush. Hopefully it didn't mark the paint. 

DSC_0269.JPG

DSC_0293.JPG

DSC_0295.JPG

DSC_0299.JPG

DSC_0307.JPG

• Like 1

I do like watching the Foo Fighters headline set at Reading Festival on BBC4...they really know how to put on a show!!  Didn't realise Dave Grohl had turned 50 this year as well, wonder where he gets all his energy from!? :laugh: 

I must admit, I would've liked to have seen Ed Sheeran live as he performed in Ipswich at the weekend, the tickets were silly expensive though and I know I couldn't have handled the crowds either lol.

• Like 2

I like driving this porsche several meters down the alleyway 😊😂. Love how low you sit along with the engine sound 

DSC_0408.JPG

DSC_0407.JPG

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club