Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

@TomsFocus yeah that was the series I watched 😂. Don't think I watched the latest series ramesh made. The funniest episode was when he was working in a hotel with his younger cousin in India and his cousin was on the phone speaking to one of the clients saying 'what' and ramesh then saying to him why do you say it like lil Jon then him saying what 😂

Hold on it was called Asian provocateur his first series 🤣

• Haha 1

I do like having these for tea last night 😁

I fancy trying to make them myself but to be fair they're too cheap to be bothered.

IMG_20190904_195201887.jpg

• Like 1

I really like this fiesta ST. One of a kind with a body kit and supercharger with various engine mods with 330hp stated. Was on the fast ford mags. I'd say that's still a bit of money to spend on a mk6 ST. Don't know with myself if I'd ever want to spend £30k on mods unless I want to keep the car for a long time. 

Screenshot_20190906-113259.png

Screenshot_20190906-113338.png

Screenshot_20190906-113357.png

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Turvey said:

I do like having these for tea last night 😁

I fancy trying to make them myself but to be fair they're too cheap to be bothered.

IMG_20190904_195201887.jpg

Must take a while to cook on the radiator though... :whistling:  

7 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I really like this fiesta ST. One of a kind with a body kit and supercharger with various engine mods with 330hp stated. Was on the fast ford mags. I'd say that's still a bit of money to spend on a mk6 ST. Don't know with myself if I'd ever want to spend £30k on mods unless I want to keep the car for a long time. 

Screenshot_20190906-113259.png

Pretty sure that was in a Fast Ford calendar I had a few years ago! :smile: 

I can't imagine spending so much above the cars value either though, I just don't understand it tbh.  But having said that, I do like seeing other peoples show cars! 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Must take a while to cook on the radiator though... :whistling:  

🙄 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sticker fitted 😊. Didn't know how tedious it was to remove it from the backing pad 

IMG_20190907_153043_281.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

Sticker fitted 😊. Didn't know how tedious it was to remove it from the backing pad 

IMG_20190907_153043_281.jpg

I used to make vinyl stickers a while ago, the knack is to smooth the application tape on first, then peel the backing off at a very sharp/tight angle.  It does also depend on the quality of the vinyl and app tape though!

• Like 2

Winning at DIY today - hung a mirror, fitted a key safe and fitted the tiles around the pillar between our garage doors :thumbsup:

• Like 2

16 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I used to make vinyl stickers a while ago, the knack is to smooth the application tape on first, then peel the backing off at a very sharp/tight angle.  It does also depend on the quality of the vinyl and app tape though!

This was the first car sticker I got so thought it was easy to just peel off. I was first trying to stick it on the glove box but it wasn't sticking but it easily did on the glass. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zain611 said:

This was the first car sticker I got so thought it was easy to just peel off. I was first trying to stick it on the glove box but it wasn't sticking but it easily did on the glass. 

Yeah, it needs to be a smooth surface really, the glovebox is too rough. 

I don't want to patronise you lol, but as it's your first, be sure not to aim the jetwash directly at it when you clean the car.  You can blow the stickers straight off with a poorly aimed water jet! :laugh: 

Just going through pictures of some of my old designs...  This was back in 2013...the car scene was a bit different back then! :wheelchair:

IMAG2697.thumb.jpg.18adc8861ae985d47993f3418ab28ba5.jpg

IMAG2701.thumb.jpg.eb4eb9d492fc5b32677f3ad3ec4835ab.jpg

IMAG2703.thumb.jpg.307c939eca383af97c0c97e145664442.jpg

IMAG2704.thumb.jpg.2d9dc07ec2bd0cf951483a08ff0bfab7.jpg

IMAG2708.thumb.jpg.d93732b94415220ea68004649a551507.jpg

My personal favourite has to be the Meh...I sold loads of them as well! :laugh: 

IMAG2700.thumb.jpg.b069fdfec17d3fc8ba23001adda8756a.jpg

Also 'decorated' a parts car before stripping it to test the vinyls...I'd actually forgotten half of the stickers I put on it until just now, no recollection at all and it was only 6 years ago... 😮  I have to say, I felt a complete pillock driving around with all those stickers on for a week... :laugh: 

IMAG2728.thumb.jpg.9a968f49bff5e3583c8b1b4aa21cecbf.jpg

IMAG2725.thumb.jpg.ffdad9eda1c61d3ba6f0dc800db5d427.jpg

• Like 2

Bought this 95cl can and glass in Lidl for €6

20190908_162006.thumb.jpg.f02c5ba726ce0abe271029508ff8bf70.jpg

Here it is compared to a regular can, 

20190908_162018.thumb.jpg.b665c1fd30e0393c27ea82c747b65fb4.jpg

Tastes like bitter Budweiser but its 5% woohoo can fit my entire hand in the jar 

• Like 1

Just now, TomsFocus said:

IMAG2697.thumb.jpg.18adc8861ae985d47993f3418ab28ba5.jpg

😂 love it 

I like "MOT Survivor" too. 

@zain611 you should get a mighty car mods decal like mine, 

A chinese couple admired it last week 

They said "Ahhh mightycarmods you watch?" 

I said "arigatto yes I'm big fan like Godzilla" 

They laughed and walked on 

• Like 3

How do you custom make stickers? Would be cool to design one of my private reg. 

Yeah the pressure washer came to my mind when I put the sticker on. 

Something else I like to say is the guy I won the sticker from he did a colab with another fiesta ST YouTuber and in the video he did a shout out to me as I said not long ago about him to s colab with that guy and another ST YouTuber 😊

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, zain611 said:

How do you custom make stickers? Would be cool to design one of my private reg. 

Look up vinyl cutting on YouTube. :smile: 

Basically you make a design on a computer and then transfer that to the vinyl cutter.  The cutter takes a piece of vinyl and cuts just the top layer of the sticker, not the backing paper.  Then you weed (pick) out the bits of sticker you don't want and discard them, leaving you with the final design.  Then add the application tape on top.

It's very time consuming and boring tbh!  I ended up selling the vinyl cutter to a mate who still uses it occasionally for personal use.

I also used to make custom clothing, the vinyl is cut out just the same, but then it's pressed on to a T shirt or whatever you want with a heat press to melt it on.  Again, very boring and time consuming and no money to be made on small scale sadly.

Just now, TomsFocus said:

Look up vinyl cutting on YouTube. :smile: 

Basically you make a design on a computer and then transfer that to the vinyl cutter.  The cutter takes a piece of vinyl and cuts just the top layer of the sticker, not the backing paper.  Then you weed (pick) out the bits of sticker you don't want and discard them, leaving you with the final design.  Then add the application tape on top.

It's very time consuming and boring tbh!  I ended up selling the vinyl cutter to a mate who still uses it occasionally.

I also used to make custom clothing, the vinyl is cut out just the same, but then it's pressed on to a T shirt or whatever you want with a heat press to melt it on.  Again, very boring and time consuming and no money to be made on small scale sadly.

I think thats a good business idea and something you could of gotten into. Could make car related stickers which is focused on certain cars. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I think thats a good business idea and something you could of gotten into. Could make car related stickers which is focused on certain cars. 

"Dacia Dustbin" springs to mind 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Yeah that was the idea.  I never even broke even on the equipment purchase though.  Plus making custom stuff is difficult trying to understand exactly what other people want.  And the cutter is very noisy so wasn't ideal when still living with parents lol.

The best stuff was forum stickers as that was easy but still very time consuming and no profit in it.  

It was worth a try at the time though. :smile: 

• Like 2

We got a graphics dept at work next to the body shop, they make all sorts of stuff. Fascinating how it works, from the small stuff to covering large vans. 

But what do like this evening is chocolate and guinness cake , I make them for work to have. But I do sample a few before putting rest in boxes

15679761279771116283719.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, iantt said:

chocolate and guinness cake , I make them for work to have. But I do sample a few before putting rest in boxes

I spent the day walking up and down Abbotsbury beach collecting litter! The beach is a huge bank of stones, so it was not much fun, but chocolates and cakes at breaks were very, very welcome!

I forgot to take my apple for lunch, so had to make do with Jaffa cakes. Such hardship! Someone said the problem with Jaffa cakes is that one is never enough. I said: that is only a problem for me if there is only one left in the pack.

And promptly went in for cake number 4. Well, after trudging for about 5 km up and down a shingle bank, I felt I deserved it!

I could have done with some of those Guinness & chocolate cakes as well though.

I sincerely hope I don't get banned for sharing 😬

I do like this very sturdy tablet holder and dinner tray support which arrived today from amazon,

It has two elastic straps to hold a breakfast tray and theres a bracket on the end for supporting your phone or tablet computer while your sitting up in the bed, 

20190909_171619.thumb.jpg.a0ebca91ac29426e77b80c05c8a99775.jpg

Came with a free set of velcro handcuffs for use on anyone whom tries to take your tablet computer from you; and a blind fold for the wife if she complains that she can't sleep because the screen on your tablet is too bright and an inflatable drinks holder 👀 all for 82 pounds.

wife says it would be ideal for face timing at breakfast 😭

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I like driving this big defender in the alleyway 😂. Rubbish turning circle though. Dad's friend wanted him to wire in these LED headlight / DRLs. Honestly look better with them on. We both went out the alleyway and into the front of the house and the new tenants next door were coming out their car to go in then turned their heads at that big thing whilst we were turn up on the kurb 🤣DSC_0426.thumb.JPG.ef1be28f790f620c9a423c5b2ce0a702.JPGDSC_0428.thumb.JPG.3d130384a4c7b4eb91c79ede6c4437a8.JPGDSC_0424.thumb.JPG.a8ad495f2909032268757270083f827f.JPG

Has the same air vents as my fiesta DSC_0427.thumb.JPG.32c1b7e025d8abc5c2ac4ae807a49039.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

I like driving this big defender in the alleyway 😂. Rubbish turning circle though. Dad's friend wanted him to wire in these LED headlight / DRLs. Honestly look better with them on. We both went out the alleyway and into the front of the house and the new tenants next door were coming out their car to go in then turned their heads at that big thing whilst we were turn up on the kurb 🤣DSC_0426.thumb.JPG.ef1be28f790f620c9a423c5b2ce0a702.JPGDSC_0428.thumb.JPG.3d130384a4c7b4eb91c79ede6c4437a8.JPGDSC_0424.thumb.JPG.a8ad495f2909032268757270083f827f.JPG

Has the same air vents as my fiesta DSC_0427.thumb.JPG.32c1b7e025d8abc5c2ac4ae807a49039.JPG

We had one of these a few years ago, the turning circle really is appalling! Got stuck in the Oracle car park in Reading once.

• Like 2

The Defender turning circle has nothing on this...  Can't seem to find a corner video but it took a 7 point turn to get around a 90 degree corner shortly before this video...does look awesome though, just not overly practical! :laugh:  (It's on bags for those that don't know btw, he can lift it up for the road :wink: ).

• Like 2

13 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

We had one of these a few years ago, the turning circle really is appalling! Got stuck in the Oracle car park in Reading once.

Was looking at these on auto trader. The performance and running cost ain't great. The running cost is worse than some sports cars at 29mpg and £570 tax. 16 secs to 60mph with the 2.2 diesel engine or about 14-15 secs with the 2.4. My 1 litre Peugeot is faster 😂. Its definitely a head turner though which I like.

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

The Defender turning circle has nothing on this...  Can't seem to find a corner video but it took a 7 point turn to get around a 90 degree corner shortly before this video...does look awesome though, just not overly practical! :laugh:  (It's on bags for those that don't know btw, he can lift it up for the road :wink: ).

When we were coming out the alleyway there was no cars on the pavement on the left side so I thought we'd be able to turn successfully out. The defender couldn't clear out getting close to the kurb so had to reverse then turn again. Gave it a kick down whilst it was warmed up and it didn't really move much 😂. I just liked remembering the tenants looking whilst we were turning up the kurb in front of their house and reversing in front of my driveway. Someone in the house lifted the curtains up to take a look also 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club