Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

33 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Was looking at these on auto trader. The performance and running cost ain't great. The running cost is worse than some sports cars at 29mpg and £570 tax. 16 secs to 60mph with the 2.2 diesel engine or about 14-15 secs with the 2.4. My 1 litre Peugeot is faster 😂. Its definitely a head turner though which I like.

It weighs nearly 3 times as much as a 107! :laugh:   It's obviously not going to be fast or cheap to run, but that's not the point, it's all about the low down torque, 4WD and ground clearance.  It'll pull you up a rutted, muddy hill that the 107 would just slide down even with the handbrake on! :biggrin: 

Can't imagine that's really necessary in London though... :tongue: 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

It weighs nearly 3 times as much as a 107! :laugh:   It's obviously not going to be fast or cheap to run, but that's not the point, it's all about the low down torque, 4WD and ground clearance.  It'll pull you up a rutted, muddy hill that the 107 would just slide down even with the handbrake on! :biggrin: 

Can't imagine that's really necessary in London though... :tongue: 

The owner of the car is planning on selling it. He has a Ford ranger which is just as big. Funny thing is he's planning on selling it but is telling my dad to fit these DRL LED headlights on. Actually look really nice on the car. Dad just has to wire in the indicator and halo DRL function. Car is peppered with rust. 

Back in college I remember him letting my dad borrow the car for a few days so my dad can I think service it. I had parents evening then so me and dad decided to go in that big thing there. I remember everyone looking at us when we drove into the car park right next to the entrance 😂. On the way to college I saw the girl I liked crossing the road to the bus stop to go also there. Sadly it was dark then so she didn't see me. 

There's something I like about sitting in these flashy cars. Don't know if it's the attention you get 😂. Even my fiesta turns heads most likely I'd say because of the halos I have on front. The red dashboard I've seen people turn their heads at it whilst walking past it. God I hope this ULEZ expansion doesn't come in and I'm forced to sell it 😩.

I think it's best to have a cheap as chips to run car so the money I hopefully earn when I start full time work I can save more of and put a deposit down on a property. I'm thinking I might put the house on rent whilst I'm single so the tenants pay some of the mortgage. During that time I can hopefully save up and get a nice fast car outright. That's if I'm still single. If I get married hopefully we'd move in the house and have less mortgage to pay and hopefully have my nice car which I'd probably won't be able to afford when I'm paying a mortgage. This is how I plan it but it all comes down to what salary I'll be earning in the beginning. 

• Like 1

I do like following someone smashing OSF wheel first straight over about 15 of those 'stradling' speed bumps today...one or two is fairly common but to hit the whole lot is pretty impressive!  She's clearly got a stronger stomach than I have...and probably not much spine left. :laugh:

In other news, does anyone know of a UK supplier for Swedish dark chocolate, Marabou or similar...random I know but there is a reason behind it.  Found some on amazon but costs too much with the shipping.

Also found this whole searching...not the most appetising name... :lol:

https://www.scandikitchen.co.uk/product/plopp-158g/?gclid=CjwKCAjwk93rBRBLEiwAcMapUbbm-QjyyqdbP7riP1tN6FHqmQn5FgKE48Kl2yXQaS9Oc40b04e64hoCAG8QAvD_BwE

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I do like following someone smashing OSF wheel first straight over about 15 of those 'stradling' speed bumps today...one or two is fairly common but to hit the whole lot is pretty impressive!  She's clearly got a stronger stomach than I have...and probably not much spine left. :laugh:

In other news, does anyone know of a UK supplier for Swedish dark chocolate, Marabou or similar...random I know but there is a reason behind it.  Found some on Amazon but costs too much with the shipping.

Also found this whole searching...not the most appetising name... :lol:

https://www.scandikitchen.co.uk/product/plopp-158g/?gclid=CjwKCAjwk93rBRBLEiwAcMapUbbm-QjyyqdbP7riP1tN6FHqmQn5FgKE48Kl2yXQaS9Oc40b04e64hoCAG8QAvD_BwE

I'd of think amazon has it. 

With me I like both wheels going up each of those little speed bumps. It's bumpy but I heard it helps the tires wear evenly rather than trying to go over one with the inner sides of the wheels going over the sides. 

11 hours ago, zain611 said:

The owner of the car is planning on selling it. He has a Ford ranger which is just as big. Funny thing is he's planning on selling it but is telling my dad to fit these DRL LED headlights on. Actually look really nice on the car. Dad just has to wire in the indicator and halo DRL function. Car is peppered with rust.

There is somebody on another forum I frequent that took Ford to the Ombudsman, and won, over his Ranger having a lot of rust on it after less than a year of ownership. Apparently they are built in South Africa and exported to Europe and North America.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zico said:

There is somebody on another forum I frequent that took Ford to the Ombudsman, and won, over his Ranger having a lot of rust on it after less than a year of ownership. Apparently they are built in South Africa and exported to Europe and North America.

The Ford ranger he's keeping and selling the defender. Was describing that car not the ranger which he recently got 😅. Hard to tell what year the defender is as it's design hasn't changed for decades. Really like the LED halo headlights he got for it but it kind of is pointless buying it, installing when it's going to be sold. 

I do like clear days where I can see the skies and watch/photograph the planes flying overhead. 
Got a few good ones today including 2 Emirates Airbus A380s flying over at under 10000 feet on their approach to Manchester. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, zain611 said:

Nice first night in Paris 😊

DSC_0432.JPG

Glad you confirmed where it was, I thought Blackpool Tower had grown for a minute there! :biggrin: 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Glad you confirmed where it was, I thought Blackpool Tower had grown for a minute there! :biggrin: 

Wouldn't have been able to hold the phone in public long enough to take a picture if it were Blackpool 😅 rough as a Bears hole that place 

tenor.gif.6531df54a2561372ccd8950a73256968.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm looking forward to finishing work today then going home and horsing in to a load of cans until I dont know my own name;

Sort of the same way you look forward to jumping in to a warm bed on a frosty cold night;

I'm looking forward to getting super indulgent on the sauce

Full Tilt for the rest of the day, 

• Like 1

On 8/21/2019 at 11:41 AM, Nick Y said:

I do like catching a glimpse of the Airbus A300 Beluga just a few minutes ago. It flew close to my flat. Unfortunately, I was unable to get a pic as the camera wouldn't focus due to the trees. 

The Beluga flew over again today and this time I got pics of it. An awesome sight. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Nick Y said:

The Beluga flew over again today and this time I got pics of it. An awesome sight. 

I saw it come in to land.

images (2).jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Nick Y said:

Dont worry we will guess what the picture looks like 👍

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Lenny said:

lol

• Like 1

Nick may have taken a close up photo of it but the pilot took a photo of him after. 

b77edcb107e0aacc99273da00fae729e--fear-of-flying-aviation-humor.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Lenny said:

here you go Lenny.

DSC02469.JPG

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Nick Y said:

here you go Lenny.

DSC02469.JPG

🤣😂😭 does look like the whale alright 😀

Cheers

20190914_152934.thumb.jpg.e187f913c5271daf496498ab3f6106de.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zain611 said:

@Lenny I can see you enjoying your drink break. You aren't drunk are you 🥴

No no I'm Irish 😅

No seriously I'm only on the first sip mate 

15 more cans to go yet 

• Like 1

Just came back from visiting the eifel tower 🗼. Got to the highest point. So the inventor Gustavo Eifel had an office there at the highest point. Back then only the VIPs had access. Surprised how high it is. 

Upload speed is really slow here. 

DSC_0438.JPG

DSC_0449.JPG

DSC_0452.JPG

@iantt I can see why you say how crazy French drivers are. So many of them cutting in lanes. Just at the airport car park back in London I didn't like this boy racer in his seat Leon cupra overtake us then stopping in a pick up point. Really stupid and pointless although thinking back at it there was two lanes to go straight. 

• Like 1

If you think french drivers are crazy, the Italians take it to an altogether next level. In the end I had to drive like they did to get anywhere, not easy when your during a ford transit GT. Lol

I've been asked to take part in same 25hr run across Europe for charity  again next month. Err, no thanks. 

• Like 1

Tune literally stumbled upon no pun intended lol

• Like 1

Yesterdays visit to the tower. Went to the griemlan (probably butchered the spelling) museum where they have wax figures. Have a picture of the raving rabbits. They also had a section from the game detroit become human there. 

DSC_0464.JPG

DSC_0473.JPG

Here's the detroit sectionIMG-20190915-WA0013.thumb.jpg.427cf020376c52bd7f182272fc22b928.jpgIMG-20190915-WA0010.thumb.jpg.f74bc17b6a81eb4235d497b8a3522ae8.jpgIMG-20190915-WA0009.thumb.jpg.048f4d014a01fcade802c8e7fa20b08a.jpg

• Like 1