Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

2 hours ago, zain611 said:
Send some pictures when your done. Do admire a clean car [emoji16]

Weather looks dry for the next week too :thumbsup:

382b7ef5403528b5646ef4a50929a951.jpg

a939f1d5f28671a5611821abdf352c52.jpg

664468b17385165e23f00f4b1bf7c50a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I do like finding out that Flybe liked a photo of one of their aircraft I took and put on my photography account on Twitter. 

• Like 2

Just discovered there's a new Terminator Movie out 😲 I like all of them so far, 

I'll have to wait now until its available on NowTV as we don't go to the cinema dud to not having/trusting anyone to mind the kids we never go anywhere just us,

But its great to know theres a new movie of interest coming soon.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TimST2 said:

Weather looks dry for the next week too :thumbsup:

382b7ef5403528b5646ef4a50929a951.jpg

a939f1d5f28671a5611821abdf352c52.jpg

664468b17385165e23f00f4b1bf7c50a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

You can see in that bottom photo that the coolant bottle looks a bit yellow. That's not just glow from the coolant in the sun - it's actually starting to discolour :thumbdown:

Now I had this before on my Elise (actually I changed it twice during 14 years of ownership after it eventually cracked each time) so it's not totally unexpected, but it is a bit annoying. I think I'm right in saying that it's right above the turbo there isn't it, so perhaps it's heat that's doing it? Anyway, it is what it is, I shan't be changing it just because it's not totally clear, after all it's hidden under the bonnet most of the time.

The other thing I think I will address next wash is the roughness of the paint. I'm thinking I might get a clay mitt. Anyone have any opinions on whether that's the best way to go? 

48 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

You can see in that bottom photo that the coolant bottle looks a bit yellow. That's not just glow from the coolant in the sun - it's actually starting to discolour :thumbdown:

Now I had this before on my Elise (actually I changed it twice during 14 years of ownership after it eventually cracked each time) so it's not totally unexpected, but it is a bit annoying. I think I'm right in saying that it's right above the turbo there isn't it, so perhaps it's heat that's doing it? Anyway, it is what it is, I shan't be changing it just because it's not totally clear, after all it's hidden under the bonnet most of the time.

The other thing I think I will address next wash is the roughness of the paint. I'm thinking I might get a clay mitt. Anyone have any opinions on whether that's the best way to go? 

Id stick to a clay bar 👍. Mitt I think works too but I haven't tried it. I'd recommend Bilt hamber and their soft or medium clay bar. You can use it with water or a detail spray like Meguiars 

I do like finding several old Australian kids TV shows I used to watch on amazon Prime. Escape from Jupiter, Return to Jupiter, Spellbinder and of course, Round the Twist. 

17 hours ago, TimST2 said:

I did coincidently look into the coolant tank yesterday and it was a bit different to what it looked like from several years ago. I already have a 5L bottle of the stuff here (picked it up cheap and topped up the tank a little near the start of ownership) but thought that the coolant had a long shelf life (7+ years?). To be honest, now that you've mentioned it, I might just get it replaced at the next service so I can get rid of the damn bottle :laughing:

3 hours ago, Zico said:

I did coincidently look into the coolant tank yesterday and it was a bit different to what it looked like from several years ago. I already have a 5L bottle of the stuff here (picked it up cheap and topped up the tank a little near the start of ownership) but thought that the coolant had a long shelf life (7+ years?). To be honest, now that you've mentioned it, I might just get it replaced at the next service so I can get rid of the damn bottle :laughing:

I meant it was the coolant tank that was discolouring - the plastic is turning a bit yellow. The coolant itself is fine.

I do like having the first productive day since...well...I can't remember the last one! :laugh:

Full service on the Golf (oil, air, fuel, cabin filters), hoovered inside, washed outside & engine bay.  Finished with some show shine.  Cane in, reset the airgap on the drippy hot water tank, descaled the taps and cleaned the bathroom.

No idea where this burst of energy has come from! 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

I meant it was the coolant tank that was discolouring - the plastic is turning a bit yellow. The coolant itself is fine.

Ah ok. Can see the tank looks a little colourful but the small photo didn't make it stand out that much. Let us know how much the tank costs if you do change it. Our ST's are both outside of the recall range for the replacement coolant hose and tank work.

Upsetting a BMW salesman this morning. I went to have a look at the new (fwd) 1-Series to see if they had at last produced a driving position without the pedals being offset to the right, that my dodgy back could cope with - amazingly they have!

I mentioned that I was not in love with the front (ghastly grille) and expressed surprise that the digital instruments could not be configured in different ways, as you can on an Audi for example. (The BMW effort has speedo and rev counter in half an oval shape, and the speedo goes clockwise but the rev counter goes anti-clockwise.) He said he'd never had so many negative comments about a new car from a potential customer and went off in a bit of a sulk at the end. BMW customers must be a rather undemanding lot!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Upsetting a BMW salesman this morning. I went to have a look at the new (fwd) 1-Series to see if they had at last produced a driving position without the pedals being offset to the right, that my dodgy back could cope with - amazingly they have!

I mentioned that I was not in love with the front (ghastly grille) and expressed surprise that the digital instruments could not be configured in different ways, as you can on an Audi for example. (The BMW effort has speedo and rev counter in half an oval shape, and the speedo goes clockwise but the rev counter goes anti-clockwise.) He said he'd never had so many negative comments about a new car from a potential customer and went off in a bit of a sulk at the end. BMW customers must be a rather undemanding lot!

If I was selling a car I wouldn't really care what other peoples opinions are on it except if it was mine 😂

Speaking about BMWs I think I came across the blacked out 540i driver today. Was walking to the train station at 7:30 in the morning and saw him move off at a set of lights. Doesn't seem to be driving like an idiot. Did see him before that about a week ago. Hopefully he learnt to drive with etiquette. 

31 minutes ago, zain611 said:

If I was selling a car I wouldn't really care what other peoples opinions are on it except if it was mine 😂

Lol I actually quite liked a lot of it! But for that kind of money (over £36k for the top M135iX model) they should expect customers to be a little picky. I've always suspected that many people are just interested in that blue and white badge rather than the cars, which is a shame as some of them are quite good (even if my bad back can't get on with them!😀)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Lol I actually quite liked a lot of it! But for that kind of money (over £36k for the top M135iX model) they should expect customers to be a little picky. I've always suspected that many people are just interested in that blue and white badge rather than the cars, which is a shame as some of them are quite good (even if my bad back can't get on with them!😀)

Give it a few years and they'll probably be at a bargain price like the last gen M135I / 140s. It's crazy how cheap they are now but I suspect a lot of inexperience boy racers have been ditching them as they have no experience with RWD 😂. Might explain why I was quoted £2k for insurance on one

I do like picking up our new car today......

........ unfortunately no blue oval on the front though!

IMG_20191023_172509737.jpg

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I suspect a lot of inexperience boy racers have been ditching them as they have no experience with RWD 😂.

Well, the new M135iX is a different proposition altogether of course with 4wd on what is primarily a fwd chassis. Pretty much like an Audi S3 or Golf R in fact, which don't have an ugly grille but do have a fully configurable digital dash - and there are a few of the last ones around at the moment on delivery mileage with some tempting deals...............hmmm!😀

1 minute ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Well, the new M135iX is a different proposition altogether of course with 4wd on what is primarily a fwd chassis. Pretty much like an Audi S3 or Golf R in fact, which don't have an ugly grille but do have a fully configurable digital dash - and there are a few of the last ones around at the moment on delivery mileage with some tempting deals...............hmmm!😀

Why not get one of those? At one point golf Rs were common on the road thanks to good lease deals. Was good for most people but sadly attracted a few degenerates just managing to afford them and drive like lunitics. 

I met a guy a few months back with a Peugeot 308 GTI. 1.6 turbo with 270hp. I remember him saying it's cheaper to finance that then a BMW 118d 😂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Wait...who isn't complaining about the awful grills on the new BMWs?  The internet is awash with memes about it!! :laugh:

ce3ed669a82941771838.jpg

I keep seeing a lovely 80s 635 CSI at the local car shows, quick, comfy and looks fantastic with that pointed nose...  I just can't really get into modern BMWs the same way. :sad:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

Why not get one of those?  😂

Well, even with a "tempting deal" you're still talking a fair amount of cash! So (as you'll know from following my ramblings on various posts) I'm juggling the following thoughts:

a) Finding the right spec without too big wheels which would be mincemeat on some of the roads I drive on

b) They're all automatics (DSG) and I prefer a manual but may have to go auto eventually because of problems with my foot. I'm trying to hold off as long as possible, though.

c) Would I get the enjoyment nowadays or just be frustrated. A lot more traffic nowadays, can't move for "safety" cameras in my area, and there seem to be a pack of middle aged cyclists in lycra round every corner, pretending they're on the Tour de Yorkshire!😀

• Like 1

@Eric Bloodaxe my first thought when you mentioned Tour de Yorkshire was a pub crawl around Yorkshire pubs eating roast dinners and Yorkshire puddings :laughing:.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Zico said:

@Eric Bloodaxe my first thought when you mentioned Tour de Yorkshire was a pub crawl around Yorkshire pubs eating roast dinners and Yorkshire puddings :laughing:.

Yeah, if they stayed in the pub doing that they wouldn't be such a problem. This all kicked off a few years back when they held a stage of the Tour de France in the Yorkshire Dales, then they've started this Tour de Yorkshire, and we had the World Cycling Championships as well this year for nine days. I used to enjoy a bit of cycling myself but this is getting a bit over the top!

• Like 1

On 10/19/2019 at 10:05 PM, zain611 said:

Id stick to a clay bar 👍. Mitt I think works too but I haven't tried it. I'd recommend Bilt hamber and their soft or medium clay bar. You can use it with water or a detail spray like Meguiars 

From what I've seen, mitt lasts a lot longer (you can rinse it) and allows you to clay a bigger area faster. Probably won't do it until the spring though.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club