Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

49 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Although the defender has better off road capabilities. 

Don't know if you saw it, but in another recent Fifth Gear they tested a new Suzuki Jimny against a Defender. The little Suzuki managed virtually everything the Landie could do, but was defeated by a particularly deep stretch of water, as it just didn't have enough wading depth. Still very impressive though!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Don't know if you saw it, but in another recent Fifth Gear they tested a new Suzuki Jimny against a Defender. The little Suzuki managed virtually everything the Landie could do, but was defeated by a particularly deep stretch of water, as it just didn't have enough wading depth. Still very impressive though!

I used to be active on the Fiat Forum (first car was a Punto).  Few of the classic Panda 4x4 owners used to go out green laning with the usual array of "big boys" (Defenders, Disco's, Landcruisers, Shoguns etc etc).

The little Pandas kept up with 'em - didn't even break into a sweat doing so!

Something to be said about them little motors!!

• Like 1

I do like having driven a Toyota GT86 rally car at Brands Hatch this morning. Two 20 minute sessions across two short circuits. The rain from the day before meant conditions were very slippery and I did make several errors resulting in me facing the wrong direction. A bit like Top Gear, after a number of earlier laps to get used to the track and car, our last lap was timed. Unfortunately for me, both last laps had me making one big spin each time meaning I came last in the combined times :blushing:. Still, the sessions were excellent and would highly recommend the experience to anyone who is into driving experiences!!

One for the I don't like thread (but I'll sneak it here) was that my mate who went with me came top of the timed laps beating me by a whopping 46 seconds :schmoll:.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Zico said:

I do like having driven a Toyota GT86 rally car at Brands Hatch this morning. Two 20 minute sessions across two short circuits. The rain from the day before meant conditions were very slippery and I did make several errors resulting in me facing the wrong direction. A bit like Top Gear, after a number of earlier laps to get used to the track and car, our last lap was timed. Unfortunately for me, both last laps had me making one big spin each time meaning I came last in the combined times :blushing:. Still, the sessions were excellent and would highly recommend the experience to anyone who is into driving experiences!!

One for the I don't like thread (but I'll sneak it here) was that my mate who went with me came top of the timed laps beating me by a whopping 46 seconds :schmoll:.

I need to go track day one day. Will get me some experience on learning the limits of a car. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zain611 said:

If you lived near me I wouldn't mind doing it for you 😂.

LOL thanks! Maybe if you ever set up a mobile service :wink:

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

LOL thanks! Maybe if you ever set up a mobile service :wink:

That actually is a good business idea. Only business idea I could think of doing. I don't think I have pictures on my phone of the detail I did on my car but it really made a difference to the paint. 

@TomsFocus hitman is coming on again at 9pm on film4

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, zain611 said:

@TomsFocus hitman is coming on again at 9pm on film4

Yeah I just saw that!! Will be watching Simon Reeve's America's on BBC2 at 9 though.  I'll have to wait until they repeat it again lol!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Yeah I just saw that!! Will be watching Simon Reeve's America's on BBC2 at 9 though.  I'll have to wait until they repeat it again lol!

Here we go again DSC_0552.thumb.JPG.bca5156bcf93c3e0c6349feb8d0bdbbd.JPGDSC_0553.thumb.JPG.5a60967ae5b73b47f38c85170a1fdd50.JPG

Nice profile picture suggestion 😂👌DSC_0556.thumb.JPG.b4389180d7f52f3f6b2f26677b8be456.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, zain611 said:

Here we go again DSC_0552.thumb.JPG.bca5156bcf93c3e0c6349feb8d0bdbbd.JPGDSC_0553.thumb.JPG.5a60967ae5b73b47f38c85170a1fdd50.JPG

Nice profile picture suggestion 😂👌DSC_0556.thumb.JPG.b4389180d7f52f3f6b2f26677b8be456.JPG

Not a Tom Allen fan then? :tongue:  New profile pic done! :wink: 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Not a Tom Allen fan then? :tongue:  New profile pic done! :wink: 

New picture looking 👌

Didn't know who Tom Allen was 😂

I actually really like that picture. Doesn't look like I took it from my phone on the TV

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

I do like half term - nice quiet roads!

Hopefully it'll be the same next week. Well probably wont get these university boy racers out in about in the morning. Miss that happiness of that as I don't drive now in the morning. 

2 minutes ago, zain611 said:

these university boy racers out in about in the morning

I thought that was you! :wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

I thought that was you! :wink:

I'm sadly taking the bus and train now since this new university is within the congestion charge and ULEZ zone. I actually enjoyed it driving in the mornings to my other uni 😂. Just didn't like the people who drive like they are in a rush because they aren't bothered to leave out their house early 😑

3 hours ago, zain611 said:

New picture looking 👌

Didn't know who Tom Allen was 😂

I actually really like that picture. Doesn't look like I took it from my phone on the TV

Haha, ah, that'll be why I couldn't find it on Google images!! :laugh: I tried to find a higher quality version earlier. :lol:

I had actually got my next profile picture lined up ready for today...based more on my personality than my hairline this time lol...but I'll keep this one for a while first! :biggrin:

Lol, no I wasn't sure you'd know Tom Allen...  He's a stand up and does some good observational comedy...but I know he won't be everyone's cup of tea!

2 hours ago, TimST2 said:

I do like half term - nice quiet roads!

I wish they'd do half term at the same time...some of our locals were off last week, some this week! :unsure:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Lol, no I wasn't sure you'd know Tom Allen...  He's a stand up and does some good observational comedy...but I know he won't be everyone's cup of tea!

I'm showing my age now! I thought you were speaking about Tim Allen 😀

home-improvement-tim-allen-earl-hindman-promo.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Turvey said:

I used to watch "Home Improvements" Hi Ho Neighbour

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Turvey said:

Haha, nope...though I'm not sure he'll be your kind of thing anyway tbf!

To keep this on topic, Tom Allen does mention a Ford in his latest stand up...but he says it's a 2003 Fiesta with a 1.5 litre engine...and I'm pretty sure they never put a 1.5 in those!  :sad:  It's more likely a 1.3... :wink:  Annoyingly no-ones illegally put it on YouTube yet, but it's about 27 minutes in here...  https://www.channel4.com/programmes/tom-allen-absolutely-live/on-demand/70059-001

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

The awkward moment when you come out and find a flat tyre... :tongue:

Talking about wheels I think my left front wheel actually is buckled 😢. The tracking company my dad took the car to showed him a considerable flat spot on one wheel and so weren't able to perfectly track it. I actually saw a set of zetec s alloys for £80 but not really going to spend money due to the insecurity of ULEZ 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Talking about wheels I think my left front wheel actually is buckled 😢. The tracking company my dad took the car to showed him a considerable flat spot on one wheel and so weren't able to perfectly track it. I actually saw a set of zetec s alloys for £80 but not really going to spend money due to the insecurity of ULEZ 

No guarantee the replacement isn't buckled neither; ford alloys can be 90% cheese especially if you launch it over a humpback bridge like I did once on the 18's 

Some garages can fix a buckled alloy, best put it on the rear as it will affect the wear of your brake disc aswell as handling all not cool 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lenny said:

No guarantee the replacement isn't buckled neither; ford alloys can be 90% cheese especially if you launch it over a humpback bridge like I did once on the 18's 

Some garages can fix a buckled alloy, best put it on the rear as it will affect the wear of your brake disc aswell as handling all not cool 

The good thing with me is I hardly drive on the dual carriageway or motorway so I don't go near 70mph to notice the steering wheel vibration. 

I actually asked my dad about fixing it but I think he said it could weaken the wheel. 

• Like 1

Just now, zain611 said:

The good thing with me is I hardly drive on the dual carriageway or motorway so I don't go near 70mph to notice the steering wheel vibration. 

I actually asked my dad about fixing it but I think he said it could weaken the wheel. 

That's true enough yeah but its already weakened from impact however bending the other way again and again, again again would weaken further 

• Like 2

Well following my big rant about how much I saved on purchasing items on the Dell website from alternative suppliers which nobody raised an eyebrow at here 😅 

https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/67740-things-i-do-like/?do=findComment&comment=790560

Well I'm delighted to spam you all once again to say the item arrived today and the cheaper supplier is indeed providing the Genuine Article 

I've edit the initial post with images of the physical device and here it is: 

€19.11 from amazon instead of €66.42 from Dell 

20191029_150827.thumb.jpg.35733c51b1a04600da03599b6b064684.jpg

20191029_094720.thumb.jpg.f633324b6635b4230a54c41cb4291d46.jpg

Its considerably smaller than I had expected it to be; also doesn't come with a HDMI cable which is acceptable at the amazon price but absolutly disgraceful not providing a HDMI cable if your purchasing at the Dell price 😅 

20191029_154011.thumb.jpg.583d1701e73cb373f7fc1c833ad183c1.jpg

Thankfully I had also bought a HDMI cable with a 90 Degree angle end which will plug nicely in to the wall plate at the rear of the desk 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club