Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

5 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Well following my big rant about how much I saved on purchasing items on the Dell website from alternative suppliers which nobody raised an eyebrow at here 😅 

https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/67740-things-i-do-like/?do=findComment&comment=790560

Well I'm delighted to spam you all once again to say the item arrived today and the cheaper supplier is indeed providing the Genuine Article 

I've edit the initial post with images of the physical device and here it is: 

€19.11 from Amazon instead of €66.42 from Dell 

20191029_150827.thumb.jpg.35733c51b1a04600da03599b6b064684.jpg

20191029_094720.thumb.jpg.f633324b6635b4230a54c41cb4291d46.jpg

Its considerably smaller than I had expected it to be; also doesn't come with a HDMI cable which is acceptable at the Amazon price but absolutly disgraceful not providing a HDMI cable if your purchasing at the Dell price 😅 

20191029_154011.thumb.jpg.583d1701e73cb373f7fc1c833ad183c1.jpg

Thankfully I had also bought a HDMI cable with a 90 Degree angle end which will plug nicely in to the wall plate at the rear of the desk 

Reminds me of this stuff my dad got for the TV 

15723723626154058396835143095497.jpg

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Well following my big rant about how much I saved on purchasing items on the Dell website from alternative suppliers which nobody raised an eyebrow at here 😅 

https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/67740-things-i-do-like/?do=findComment&comment=790560

Well I'm delighted to spam you all once again to say the item arrived today and the cheaper supplier is indeed providing the Genuine Article 

I've edit the initial post with images of the physical device and here it is: 

€19.11 from Amazon instead of €66.42 from Dell 

20191029_150827.thumb.jpg.35733c51b1a04600da03599b6b064684.jpg

20191029_094720.thumb.jpg.f633324b6635b4230a54c41cb4291d46.jpg

Its considerably smaller than I had expected it to be; also doesn't come with a HDMI cable which is acceptable at the Amazon price but absolutly disgraceful not providing a HDMI cable if your purchasing at the Dell price 😅 

20191029_154011.thumb.jpg.583d1701e73cb373f7fc1c833ad183c1.jpg

Thankfully I had also bought a HDMI cable with a 90 Degree angle end which will plug nicely in to the wall plate at the rear of the desk 

Not quite sure what this does! 🤔

Does it allow a non-HDMI device ie laptop etc to connect to an HDMI device ie TV? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

Not quite sure what this does! 🤔

Does it allow a non-HDMI device ie laptop etc to connect to an HDMI device ie TV? 

Yes 

It allows you to mirror the screen of the computer or display a slide show, presentation on a second screen, using a USB cable from the computer it converts to a HDMI connection to go in to the second display, 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Yes 

It allows you to mirror the screen of the computer or display a slide show, presentation on a second screen, using a USB cable from the computer it converts to a HDMI connection to go in to the second display, 

Ah, cool 😎 interesting to know. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Ah, cool 😎 interesting to know. 

My main reason for sharing was the huge difference in price between purchasing from dell and Amazon 

• Like 1

Just booked my ST in for two new front tyres. PS4s fitted for £188 (the pair) through Blackcircles when Ford wanted £155 each!

Will get the new front alloy fitted at the same time 😊

• Like 2

That's a really good price, when I was looking at replacing them for my Fiesta, they were going to be about £135 each even through black circles 😞

Getting myself ready for Halloween tomorrow 😂. Parked my car furthest away from the door and parked my sister's car next to mine. Hopefully if any children come they won't hit my car. 🦇🎃👻

DSC_0557.JPG

• Like 2

Getting myself ready for Halloween tomorrow [emoji23]. Parked my car furthest away from the door and parked my sister's car next to mine. Hopefully if any children come they won't hit my car. [emoji1660][emoji316][emoji317]
DSC_0557.thumb.JPG.8583c8d6d0523ec938d4987d783a0398.JPG
LOL. The rest of my family are away for half term so mines going in the garage and I'm going up the pub.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

LOL. The rest of my family are away for half term so mines going in the garage and I'm going up the pub.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I was thinking of putting it in the garage but don't know if dad is going to put his car in later when he comes back to unload the tools he might have taken to do some DIY in his friend's house. Only thing exposed is the front so hopefully I don't see anything there 🤞

Do like getting 58mpg on the dash after a brisk drive shall I say 😉😉from Midlands to Gatwick. That's in my tank of a Mk5 Mondeo, with 5 adults, 5 suitcases,5 rucksacks . Only just managed to get it all in boot. Drove like it was empty still. Impressed. 

• Like 2

I like winning another giveaway. Won a set of lego dust caps 😃

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I don't like that my council have not emptied my household waste bin this morning and that they didn't empty my recycling bin last week either. This is despite me being on their assisted service (due to illness/disability) where they actually collect the bin from my property and return it once emptied
Had to file a missed collection report for the 3rd or 4th time in 2 years. 

Either they aren't checking the driver notes or they have been taking my downstairs neighbours bins instead of mine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick Y said:

I don't like that my council have not emptied my household waste bin this morning and that they didn't empty my recycling bin last week either. This is despite me being on their assisted service (due to illness/disability) where they actually collect the bin from my property and return it once emptied
Had to file a missed collection report for the 3rd or 4th time in 2 years. 

Either they aren't checking the driver notes or they have been taking my downstairs neighbours bins instead of mine. 

Wrong thread mate 😅 this is the do like thread 🙃

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, iantt said:

wifi on board my flight.!!!

IMG-20191031-WA0000.jpeg

Where you going ✈️😳

• Like 1

I clearly missed a trick (or treat?) when speccing the colour of my 310R...

0?e=1575504000&v=beta&t=32h2PgZJvy7l1WTf

0?e=1575504000&v=beta&t=blujqTclLQAQLZOY

:thumbsup:

• Like 3

orlando. away from the cold of the uk. should be 33c with a real feel of 37c !!!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, iantt said:

orlando. away from the cold of the uk. should be 33c with a real feel of 37c !!!

Tropic 

Hope you dont get the flu when you come; 

• Like 2

hopefully it should cool down a bit over the next few days , still another 90 mins until we land. then the fun starts queing through imigration. that takes a while .

photos and finger prints, " where are we staying, how long for, whats my job back home, when was the time we visited"

and thats times  the 5 of us. 

• Like 1

Just now, iantt said:

hopefully it should cool down a bit over the next few days , still another 90 mins until we land. then the fun starts queing through imigration. that takes a while .

photos and finger prints, " where are we staying, how long for, whats my job back home, when was the time we visited"

and thats times  the 5 of us. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, iantt said:

wifi on board my flight.!!!

IMG-20191031-WA0000.jpeg

I struggle to get a decent WI-FI signal in every room in the house yet you can get it at 30,000 feet!!! 😂

• Haha 1

Just now, Turvey said:

I struggle to get a decent WI-FI signal in every room in the house yet you can get it at 30,000 feet!!! 😂

Turn your router sideways 😂

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club