Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

2 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

I’m wondering if I’m one of the youngest regular contributors on here, I’ve only been 20 for a month and a half and it feels very weird writing that!

I can't possibly fathom the insurance on your Focus RS at 20!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Incontro said:

I can't possibly fathom the insurance on your Focus RS at 20!

Oh if only it was mine! My Dads car unfortunately, though I have been lucky enough to drive it a few times. I’ve got a little old 1.6 petrol Zetec.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

Oh if only it was mine! My Dads car unfortunately, though I have been lucky enough to drive it a few times. I’ve got a little old 1.6 petrol Zetec.

Driven it no doubt on a private road, right? 😉

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Incontro said:

Driven it no doubt on a private road, right? 😉

Could drive it 3rd party on own insurance.

EDIT: Forgot you have to be over 25 for that 😞

• Like 1

Was on the insurance for a week as a birthday present last year, and yes have driven it on a private road lol.

29 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Could drive it 3rd party on own insurance.

EDIT: Forgot you have to be over 25 for that 😞

There are some temporary insurance companies that let you drive a fully insured car by hour or day, a sibling (20 yoa) drives my dad's car from time to time in such a way.

5 hours ago, Incontro said:

Oh yah - that is out of date! I wish I was still 24 :laugh:

All I can say is make the most of your 20's, time is the most precious commodity there is!

5 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

We have loads of time...it's a horrific thought that my Nan had to go through 3 times as much life as I have so far!  😮  It's health that's the commodity...no point having time that you can't use!  🤔

I'm here for a good time, not a long time. :wink:  Not that I've had a good time either so far! :laugh:  

4 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

When you get a few more miles on the clock you'll start to realise you don't!!😀

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Unless I get hit by a train I've probably got another 50 years to get through...that's a huge amount of time!  It's money and health that decides what we can and can't do with it though.

4 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Lol, that's what I used to think 50 years ago! Believe me, it isn't - but I never used to believe what I was told by old people back then either!😀

For all you youngsters out there.......

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

To pick up the generation / age discussion again...

I think everyone's circumstances are different, irrespective of generation. Having said that, I do feel very fortunate that I'm a Xennial. I graduated in 2000 aged 22, bought a house with my fiancee aged 26, and got married aged 27. We had plenty of time build up our careers and savings before moving to a bigger house and starting a family at age 32.

The description of Xennials having an analogue childhood and digital adulthood is true, and almost certainly shaped both my choice of career in IT and preference for less technological hobbies.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

To pick up the generation / age discussion again...

I think everyone's circumstances are different, irrespective of generation. Having said that, I do feel very fortunate that I'm a Xennial. I graduated in 2000 aged 22, bought a house with my fiancee aged 26, and got married aged 27. We had plenty of time build up our careers and savings before moving to a bigger house and starting a family at age 32.

The description of Xennials having an analogue childhood and digital adulthood is true, and almost certainly shaped both my choice of career in IT and preference for less technological hobbies.

Never knew this topic would generate so much interest,  it's almost taken over the thread 😄

I guess I must be a Gen X at heart then, because I'm in the exact same boat as you - deal with technology on a day to day basis (work in IT), but hate it the moment I step outside of work! I don't obsess over social media (don't have instagram, snapchat, facebook etc.), don't like gaming, and basically try and avoid technology as much as possible (bar the self-serve checkouts at supermarkets lol). I also listen to a lot of 90's and early 00's rock/pop-rock which millennials typically don't listen to.

That said, I do love a night out every now and then and have friends slightly younger than me, so I guess I mustn't come across as too old 😄

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Lol, that's what I used to think 50 years ago! Believe me, it isn't - but I never used to believe what I was told by old people back then either!😀

I do appreciate where you're coming from.  I don't doubt for a minute that you feel your life has gone quickly because it sounds like you've had quite an interesting one...and indeed still do! 

But I'm in a weird situation where I can't cope with life (and haven't done for the last 15+ years!), dread it every day and don't see how that could change either...the future terrifies me tbh...  I know that's a bit deep for this thread lol!! :whistling:

5 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

I’m wondering if I’m one of the youngest regular contributors on here, I’ve only been 20 for a month and a half and it feels very weird writing that!

I reckon you are the youngest regular.  You don't really act your age tbf though! :tongue:

Car forums used to be overrun by annoying teenagers...I should know, I used to be on several and was top poster (spammer) on one particular forum well before I'd hit 20!  :biggrin:  I hate reading back my old posts lol, even over the last 5 years on here let alone a decade ago over there!! :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm a child of the 70's so a bit of an old soul.
I embrace technology quite well though so not a total luddite. [emoji57]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Incontro said:

I guess I must be a Gen X at heart then, because I'm in the exact same boat as you - deal with technology on a day to day basis (work in IT), but hate it the moment I step outside of work! I don't obsess over social media (don't have instagram, snapchat, facebook etc.), don't like gaming, and basically try and avoid technology as much as possible (bar the self-serve checkouts at supermarkets lol).

I don't hate technology (I'm a Chartered Software Engineer after all), but like you I don't really do social media. Car forums don't count :wink1:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TimST2 said:

I don't hate technology (I'm a Chartered Software Engineer after all), but like you I don't really do social media. Car forums don't count :wink1:

Technology is one of the things which may make people lose their jobs if it becomes big enough. 😢

Technology is one of the things which may make people lose their jobs if it becomes big enough. [emoji22]
I think that's always been the way of things.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Just seen this on a walk.  I ain't gettin' on no plane, fool! [emoji23]

IMG_20191105_142947082_HDR.thumb.jpg.536da1804dd356c621f557d06770346f.jpg

"Pity the fool!"

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TimST2 said:

"Pity the fool!"

Full of cocaine packages in the back 

CLASS A Team 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Just seen this on a walk. 

I ain't gettin' on no plane, fool! :laugh:

IMG_20191105_142947082_HDR.thumb.jpg.536da1804dd356c621f557d06770346f.jpg

You did go in there to see if Mr T was in did you 😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, zain611 said:

You did go in there to see if Mr T was in did you 😂

Haha, being a scrawny, nervous guy, I didn't dare... :laugh:

• Like 2

hows the weather back home, i dont know how i will cope today!! lol 

1573133543254.jpg

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

Need to find someone to go see this with...

You might be able to get free tickets if there are any local left...  Saw it on my daily HUKD email earlier but none local to me!

5 hours ago, iantt said:

hows the weather back home, i dont know how i will cope today!! lol 

1573133543254.jpg

You can go off people VERY quickly! 🙄 😃

Gritters out tonight up here! 

• Haha 2

bit coolervwould ve nice. very humid toady. a cool off in our pool becons when we get back to our 5 bed villa! 😀😀

no gritters here, only critters( racoons) 

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club