Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

No sure where to post this one, decided on this one.

Like having the day off (so I can go Xmas shopping) 

And only just realised it's black Friday and shops will be busier than normal( shopping not my idea of fun any time of the year really) I hate parting with my hard earned cash if it's not spent on me. Lol 

Ok, perhaps I should have posted in the "things I don't like" section after all. 

No, be positive. Cancel shopping and do something else. It's a lovely sunny but cold day so far. Take the dog for a walk first in the sunshine and pretend it's Florida sunshine like I had a few weeks ago even though it seems longer than that. 

I think when I get back the cold may have robbed the positivity from me though. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, zain611 said:

I get that to. Don't know if these inspectors just look for something new. Last year they said both front wheels are slightly buckled but not this year 

I think different inspectors just look for different things tbh.  Tyre and exhaust places will tend to more closely at those items, not just to get them more money but because it's what they're looking at every day so immediately noticeable when there's something slightly wrong.  The garage I went to this time is actually part of a small sales garage that mostly sell repaired write offs so I had assumed they wouldn't be too fussy! :biggrin: 

20 minutes ago, iantt said:

You or the car? Lol 

Definitely the car, there's no way I'd pass an MOT with these excess emissions and constant whining! :laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, iantt said:

You or the car? Lol 

I passed with no advisories 😂. My shock absorber legs are all good and ECU is working perfectly fine as my fuel or eating consumption is good. They wispered something about plums I don't understand 🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I think different inspectors just look for different things tbh.  Tyre and exhaust places will tend to more closely at those items, not just to get them more money but because it's what they're looking at every day so immediately noticeable when there's something slightly wrong.  The garage I went to this time is actually part of a small sales garage that mostly sell repaired write offs so I had assumed they wouldn't be too fussy! :biggrin: 

Definitely the car, there's no way I'd pass an MOT with these excess emissions and constant whining! :laugh: 

Yeah, a new muffler won't silence you. 😂😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I like I'm back to Full Membership on here..........Great no pop up from Halford's   (i hope)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

I like I'm back to Full Membership on here..........Great no pop up from Halford's   (i hope)

Er, I have full membership and I've been getting that pop-up...

• Haha 2

Well I tried,thanks you have just stolen my happy few minutes [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

I understand the reason behind these things, but it's starting to pop up over the signing-in area, which is making it hard for me to get on here! (Yeah, I know, "thank goodness" you're all saying!😀)

• Haha 1

I understand the reason behind these things, but it's starting to pop up over the signing-in area, which is making it hard for me to get on here! (Yeah, I know, "thank goodness" you're all saying![emoji3])
You are so right,I'm also typing away and I miss some of it the press the cross and start again lol.

18 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

Well I tried,thanks you have just stolen my happy few minutes emoji16.png

You're welcome.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iantt said:

Yeah, a new muffler won't silence you. 😂😂😂😂

Heard you are really raspy like miltek 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My CV joints are shot and my headilner has gone thin in places.

Emissions and road noise have increased with the occasional backfire and bodywork is badly faded & dented.

Maybe I'd qualify for a scrappage scheme? [emoji57]

On a good note, apparently my wife feels that I'm still a comfy ride. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Haha 7

48 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

On a good note, apparently my wife feels that I'm still a comfy ride. emoji6.png

She meant your soft and saggy.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Probably [emoji57]
She did say that my springs keeps poking her. [emoji1787]

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, iantt said:

You don't have stiff lowered springs do you? Heard your ride comfort is stiff 😁

• Like 1

How's the big end ?
Any injector leak off ?
Sluggish on pull off ?
[emoji848]

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

How's the big end ?
Any injector leak off ?
Sluggish on pull off ?
emoji848.png

Talking of injectors, any takers for a few pipes, clamps etc, all only done 10 miles each. Lol 

20191128_161939.jpg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, iantt said:

Talking of injectors, any takers for a few pipes, clamps etc, all only done 10 miles each. Lol 

20191128_161939.jpg

What engine they off of? 

I do like saving £60 on presents by waiting until Black Friday.

I also like booking Showcase Director's Hall seats for the opening night of Star Wars :thumbsup:

Anyone going black friday shopping to a shopping center tomorrow?

Was tempted to (need some new shirts for work and they're too overpriced year round), but kinda fearing the traffic jams in town and long queues to get parking

8 hours ago, Incontro said:

Anyone going black friday shopping to a shopping center tomorrow?

Was tempted to (need some new shirts for work and they're too overpriced year round), but kinda fearing the traffic jams in town and long queues to get parking

I live close to a very big shopping centre...Merry Hill if anyone heard of it and its mad,best walk or shop online and have it delivered from the same shops.

I hate traffic and people and went out yesterday...there wasn't any extra traffic tbh.  A few more people in Currys maybe but not even in the supermarkets.  Black Friday seems to have been going all week so it's saved the massive crush this year around here at least.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I hate traffic and people and went out yesterday...there wasn't any extra traffic tbh.  A few more people in Currys maybe but not even in the supermarkets.  Black Friday seems to have been going all week so it's saved the massive crush this year around here at least.

Only thing I got on black Friday was the PlayStation plus membership as mine ran out a week ago. Got it for £37 on the PlayStation store which isn't bad as the cheapest online was £36 but would was a physical copy to get delivered. 

Also was looking at the scientist training open days and there's one in January. Problem is its in Manchester University at 9:30. The train tickets are around £120 from virgin trains and I don't know what time id get up to leave home

8 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Only thing I got on black Friday was the PlayStation plus membership as mine ran out a week ago. Got it for £37 on the PlayStation store which isn't bad as the cheapest online was £36 but would was a physical copy to get delivered. 

Also was looking at the scientist training open days and there's one in January. Problem is its in Manchester University at 9:30. The train tickets are around £120 from virgin trains and I don't know what time id get up to leave home

What do you get for the PlayStation Plus membership, I thought online multiplayer was free with PlayStation?  I didn't see any XBOX Live deals this year unfortunately, don't need any until March though so will probably ask for some for my Birthday lol.  XBOX.com offered £10 off of any discounted games but I didn't really want of the games they were offering lol.

I wonder how much one night in a Travellodge costs in Manchester in January?  If it's only about £30 it might be better to go up the night before so you're fresh and awake for the open day?  Otherwise you'll have to get up so early it won't be worth going to bed lol!

• Like 1

I do like switching from Gillette Fusion 5 to Wilkinson Sword Hydro 5!!  Talk about a completely different shaving experience, I'd gotten sick of paying the extortion Gillette want for their replacement blades and after their advertising campaign I decided enough was enough.