Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

14 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

Are they that expensive? How much would Ford charge for a pair of OEM units?

Just checked, for the standard OE Mk7.5 Fiesta indicators it's about £70 the pair...  😮 

Surprised me tbh as that's more expensive than the genuine LED units on the Mk6 Golf.  Aftermarket sequentials have been available for the Golf for a while now.  I wanted a pair when my mirror got smashed last year but couldn't justify the ~£30 for them when a single aftermarket LED unit was £8 including postage lol.  And that arrived slightly damaged so I was refunded anyway, free repair in the end. :biggrin: 

• Like 1

Wish it's this quiet everyday. Getting closer to the deadline of the job application. Hopefully will submit it today. Just worried about the appitude tests you have to do after 😬

Screenshot_20200117-103754.png

• Like 2

On 1/17/2020 at 11:13 AM, Guy Heaton said:

Wow, has there been a zombie apocalypse?

Only in the form of "The Internet" 

I do like hatching a genius plan regarding the expected frost again tomorrow...

I generally park North facing, meaning the windscreen is the last thing to thaw when the sun comes out...  So I'm gonna park the other way later today so it's South facing instead. :wink: 

Of course...this will only work if the sun comes out in the morning...otherwise I'll be out there with the scraper again! :laugh:  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I generally park North facing, meaning the windscreen is the last thing to thaw when the sun comes out...  So I'm gonna park the other way later today so it's South facing instead. :wink: 

Of course...this will only work if the sun comes out in the morning...otherwise I'll be out there with the scraper again! :laugh:  

Just remembered this tune after reading your post 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I generally get a big container like a kettle, fill with luke warm water then just pour it over the windscreen. Generally takes the frost off along with the condensation inside. Don't think the heated screen works on mine or it just takes long

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I generally get a big container like a kettle, fill with luke warm water then just pour it over the windscreen. Generally takes the frost off along with the condensation inside. Don't think the heated screen works on mine or it just takes long

I live upstairs though, I'd have to walk back up and down again if I take a container outside. 😄 The heated screens always worked perfectly on my Focus's, it's one thing I really do miss at this time of year!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, zain611 said:

My heated screen takes a bit of time these days too;

It takes alot of power from the alternator and battery to operate though as it's two 20Amp or 25Amp fuses to run the two elements drivers and passengers side, 

Wrong thing to do but it helps increase the voltage to the heater; is to hold the revs at around 1100rpm on the diesel engine which helps provide more power to the heated screen,

Turning off lights and heaters would also help but you really need the blowers on to assist the screen clearance 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I live upstairs though, I'd have to walk back up and down again if I take a container outside. 😄 The heated screens always worked perfectly on my Focus's, it's one thing I really do miss at this time of year!

Leaving the arguments against this method aside (can it crack the screen?) 

Take warm water downstairs and defrost screen.

Put container in car and drive to work etc

Come home and take container back upstairs 👍

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Leaving the arguments against this method aside (can it crack the screen?) 

Take warm water downstairs and defrost screen.

Put container in car and drive to work etc

Come home and take container back upstairs 👍

Even better @TomsFocus could park his car just below his window and bucket down water onto the windscreen 😂

• Haha 2

My heated windscreen on the new car is very quick, but the old Focus did take a while as it was obviously older. The rear demist also took a very long time on that.

You're all underestimating my levels of apathy first thing in the morning... :laugh:

I've parked the other way so hopefully the sun will have done all the work for me time I leave! :biggrin:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

You're all underestimating my levels of apathy first thing in the morning... :laugh:

I've parked the other way so hopefully the sun will have done all the work for me time I leave! :biggrin:

I'm going to apply some of that angelwax H2GO glass sealant on my car. Will see if it might reduce frost. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I'm going to apply some of that angelwax H2GO glass sealant on my car. Will see if it might reduce frost. 

Windscreen covers in Aldi this week 😅

https://www.aldi.co.uk/auto-xs-car-windscreen-cover/p/098962318682500  

Even got one with a polar bear on it possibly get cheaper insurance as it may be somewhat of a deterrent 😅

https://www.aldi.co.uk/bear-auto-xs-car-windscreen-cover/p/098962322252401 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

Windscreen covers in Aldi this week 😅

https://www.aldi.co.uk/auto-xs-car-windscreen-cover/p/098962318682500  

Even got one with a polar bear on it possibly get cheaper insurance as it may be somewhat of a deterrent 😅

https://www.aldi.co.uk/bear-auto-xs-car-windscreen-cover/p/098962322252401 

Might also reduce road tax as they might think its polar bear friendly 😂🐻

• Haha 1

Well...the car was totally frost free this morning!

But that probably has more to do with the temperature having risen to 3c by 4am anyway... :laugh:  Interestingly, there wasn't any sun so it wouldn't have worked anyway! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Well...the car was totally frost free this morning!

But that probably has more to do with the temperature having risen to 3c by 4am anyway... :laugh:  Interestingly, there wasn't any sun so it wouldn't have worked anyway! 

Yeah I noticed too that my car wasn't frosted over 👍. Occasionally I have been getting bad condensation inside the windscreen. Heard this is caused by water somewhere inside causing it to go up there. Sometimes I see a puddle where the boot hatch goes to that thing to lock it in so probably is the culprit. 

• Like 1

I've just driven past this and had to do a double take... :laugh: We definitely have some talented farmers! :lol:

(Pic stolen from local FB page)

82642416_776624416168214_133954105054855

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I do like the unseasonably warm day we've had today 😎 it's been almost like a summer's day up here. 

IMG_20200120_104111102.jpg

• Like 1

I just saw a local Facebook post and couldn't resist replying. 

"Looking for a placement for work experience in the plumbing field... would anybody know who would take someone on?" 

I replied 

"I heard a local farmer was planting leeks in his field, maybe contact him? "

I'm awaiting a reaction. Lol 

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I do like the unseasonably warm day we've had today 😎 it's been almost like a summer's day up here. 

IMG_20200120_104111102.jpg

We didn't get above 2c here! 

• Sad 1

I do like receiving a call from my dad this evening 

Last phone call was Christmas eve 

Time before that was July 2019 

He lives almost 300km away, 

He has offered to come visit sometime suits me to assist with relocating the tank inside the attic space of our home which will provide a large space since the tank is currently smack bang in the middle,

I can then floor the entire area. 

20190106_134244_zpskjtsvbat.jpg.27bd25cc7d64f3114f5337ab5668b58b.jpg

I would like to relocate the tank over to the wall positioned behind me in the above picture; which would be corresponding with the hallway below; meaning the low noise of the tank filling won't disturb any occupants during the night while also gaining attic space, 

20190106_130619_zpsxcksl8ad.jpg.2b6666f530334939ab7be5abe58aa353.jpg

I've also gotten this 30 Litre HDPE (High Density PolyEthylene) Drum to put the expansion tank in to, the expansion tank is the little 10 Litre red tank saw in the image below: 

20190106_134028_zpspan3bpbo.jpg.a6b38c92ea1a3df4f36c8940d5575624.jpg

The expansion tank is fitted to the central heating loop which feeds the radiators; Inside the expansion tank is a balloon which expands when the radiators get hot and kicks back maintaining a pressure in the heating system,

However if the balloon bursts inside then the tank begins to leak, if it leaks inside the attic then it comes down through the plasterboard; and its contents will be dark magnetite water from inside the radiator system, 

I plan to fit the expansion tank inside the 30 litre drum then run a pipe from the low side of the 30 litre drum out along side the existing overflow pipe from the large header tank. 

Which is the white pipe saw in the image below; 

20190106_134022_zpss1ci390d.jpg.fd19f0c15034fbb53025a6a33f62fd8e.jpg

And exit here:

20190106_135901_zpsk4al0ltm.jpg.50b2c296176e77d5172a7cb4b12592b7.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lenny said:

........if the balloon bursts inside then the tank begins to leak, if it leaks inside the attic then it comes down through the plasterboard; and its contents will be dark magnetite water from inside the radiator system, 

imageproxy.php?img=&key=0e662d3074f136c9

Have you not got a magnetic filter in your system? I would totally recommend one, pulls all that stuff out of your pipes and makes it more efficient 😉

This was a week after having ours installed, it had already been cleaned the first day we had it and the second and then left for 5 days.

IMG_20190227_203519127.jpg

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club