Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

5 hours ago, Zico said:

@zain611 hopefully they will be an improvement on the standard bulbs. I had a sales email from Autobeam on Sunday advertising the new full LED ambient under glow kit for the Fiesta ST (https://autobeam.co.uk/collections/fiesta-mk7-5-st-2013-2017/products/ambient-underglow) but for £160 they can do one. I guess if you're into car shows and want to be all singing and dancing then it's a good product but as it's restricted to being used under certain conditions, the price is high!!

Was looking at the video of that. It actually looks cool but I think it also looks a little chavy. Reminds me of need for speed underground 2 except these are colour changing and you don't need to go back to the fitter to change the colour like in the game 😂

I'm not really a car show guy so these would be pointless plus I'd say for definite dad won't approve these 🤣

The current front sidelight LEDs I had for 4 years so they did their part. My dad bought them back then for his focus he had but was selling it then so was able to put it on my Peugeot 107 I had then and then the fiesta. I'm sure they'll be a lot brighter compared to them plus the bonus of 5 years warranty. I also got the bulbs via eBay as its cheaper compared to getting them from their website 👍

• Like 1

Car shows tend to be during the day...underglow is for impressing your mates in Maccies car park at 1am on a school night. :wink: 

My second 306 came with a set of neons fitted underneath 10 years ago, almost to the day!  They were broken though sadly... :sad: 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Car shows tend to be during the day...underglow is for impressing your mates in Maccies car park at 1am on a school night. :wink: 

My second 306 came with a set of neons fitted underneath 10 years ago, almost to the day!  They were broken though sadly... :sad: 

Don't forget them putting the plastic trays on the rear wheels with the handbrake up 😂

• Haha 1

I do like feeling ultra manly buying some of these, half price in Tesco...

They're 'for my Nan' obviously... :ph34r: 

IMG_20200128_104724064.thumb.jpg.2f3756ffebd007f573da6c4b383a27e8.jpg

Although I did buy a second box to try myself... :laugh:

Will have to punch some plasterboard or throw things in a skip to reaffirm my masculinity now. :wink:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I do like feeling ultra manly buying some of these, half price in Tesco...

They're 'for my Nan' obviously... :ph34r: 

IMG_20200128_104724064.thumb.jpg.2f3756ffebd007f573da6c4b383a27e8.jpg

Although I did buy a second box to try myself... :laugh:

Will have to punch some plasterboard or throw things in a skip to reaffirm my masculinity now. :wink:

I don't see what the problem is getting those🤣. I'm sure the checkout person didn't look at you any different. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Zico bulbs arrived. Here's a picture of the difference of them. Will see when I can put them in. Dad also suspects my thermostat might be stuck open as the car feels like it takes a while to warm up. 

Screenshot_20200128-112212.png

Screenshot_20200128-112221.png

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I don't see what the problem is getting those🤣. I'm sure the checkout person didn't look at you any different. 

That's the beauty of self service checkouts!! :biggrin: 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

That's the beauty of self service checkouts!! :biggrin: 

+1 

Also some meditation prescriptions can be obtained by contacting a doctor online instead of actually going to see one, costs half the price of a GP visit and they send the prescription to you in the post if they feel you're 100% coascheure with telling your symptoms 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, zain611 said:

@Zico bulbs arrived. Here's a picture of the difference of them. Will see when I can put them in. Dad also suspects my thermostat might be stuck open as the car feels like it takes a while to warm up. 

The bulbs look alot like suppository's 

Blank the egr ig warms up faster so "Martin Winterkorn" used to say 🤷‍♂️ personally I wouldn't know anything about that atall 🤭

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Lenny said:

+1 

Also some meditation prescriptions can be obtained by contacting a doctor online instead of actually going to see one, costs half the price of a GP visit and they send the prescription to you in the post if they feel you're 100% coascheure with telling your symptoms 🤷‍♂️

Is that for French Jews? :whistling:

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Lenny said:

The bulbs look alot like suppository's 

Blank the egr ig warms up faster so "Martin Winterkorn" used to say 🤷‍♂️ personally I wouldn't know anything about that atall 🤭

Actually blanked it off but will check the thermostat to be sure 👍

• Like 1

Just for reference, blanking EGR actually increases the warm up time, not decreases...  Simple physics really, with the EGR open, hot exhaust gas is pumped back though the engine so it warms up much more quickly.  EGR gasses also warm the coolant in the EGR 'cooler' during warm up.  With the EGR blanked the engine is only sucking in freezing cold air at this time of year, increasing warm up.  The long warm up is probably just due to the weather atm, I really wouldn't worry about trying to fix it as you'll be selling the car soon for the ULEZ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Just for reference, blanking EGR actually increases the warm up time, not decreases...  Simple physics really, with the EGR open, hot exhaust gas is pumped back though the engine so it warms up much more quickly.  EGR gasses also warm the coolant in the EGR 'cooler' during warm up.  With the EGR blanked the engine is only sucking in freezing cold air at this time of year, increasing warm up.  The long warm up is probably just due to the weather atm, I really wouldn't worry about trying to fix it as you'll be selling the car soon for the ULEZ...

Eventhough the EGR would be blanked post egr cooler on the 1.6TDCi engine? the blanking plate is fitted after the egr cooler which I assumed would still pass heat through to the coolant aswell as increasing the exhaust temperature 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lenny said:

Eventhough the EGR would be blanked post egr cooler on the 1.6TDCi engine? the blanking plate is fitted after the egr cooler which I assumed would still pass heat through to the coolant aswell as increasing the exhaust temperature 

The biggest heating effect comes from the warm gas going back through the cold cylinders.

But also the EGR blank on the 1.6 TDCi is before the cooler anyway, it should be on the engine block where the exhaust exits.  Without the blank it would then flow through the cooler and into the intake.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

The biggest heating effect comes from the warm gas going back through the cold cylinders.

But also the EGR blank on the 1.6 TDCi is before the cooler anyway, it should be on the engine block where the exhaust exits.  Without the blank it would then flow through the cooler and into the intake.

Ow right 🙆‍♂️ I always thought it flowed in the opposite direction 

Going through the cooler then deadheading at the valve but clearly it doesn't,

The flow goes the opposite way 😂 nine years of my life I've been looking at it wrong 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I do like seeing that Guns 'n' Roses are playing Glasgow the day after we're seeing Green Day! We're booked to stay down for a couple of days after it anyway so it would be rude not to go 😄

My Chemical Romance are in the middle of announcing British and Irish dates around that time (Dublin the day before Green Day) would be awesome if they announced Glasgow for the Friday 🤞😃

https://www.kerrang.com/the-news/guns-n-roses-announce-huge-scotland-show

• Like 5

I do like watching GoodFellas, one of my favourite films of all time!

• Like 1

Just tried my Bilt Hamber snow foam with my new Lance and i have to say in a 1 litre Lance 50ml is just o.k or just a bit to much,loads of thick foam.

Took me 20mins as pressure washer is set up plugged in so its......jet wash/wheels with bilberry stuff/foam and leave 5 mins and jet wash rinse and wipe windows and left.

Got to say got rid of the dirt and when dried not a lot of water marks as it runs off so job done,not saying its A1 but for a fast clean it does it very well,add a Mitt to it to go over

a few bits and dry its A1 but 20 mins for a clean car does me.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

One for the EcoBoost owners... :tongue: 

Image may contain: 2 people, possible text that says 'Glancing at your full tank of gas while driving Realizing that's your temp gauge'

Oi oi, my EcoBoost has shown no signs of blowing up yet 😉! It’s actually starting to feel really nice and smooth now, pulls really well. Was joining the M1 on an uphill slip road, and just breezed up to 70 with no fuss at all. The old 1.6 Focus was struggling and wheezing  on things like that.

• Like 2

did 70k with bluefin on mine . no problem. more reliable than the mondeo i currently have. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

One for the EcoBoost owners... :tongue: 

Image may contain: 2 people, possible text that says 'Glancing at your full tank of gas while driving Realizing that's your temp gauge'

Full tank of gas? Only for about 30 seconds after leaving the petrol station forecourt for those with a 2.0 or 2.3 Ecoboost, then the needle swings left 😂

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Incontro said:

Full tank of gas? Only for about 30 seconds after leaving the petrol station forecourt for those with a 2.0 or 2.3 Ecoboost, then the needle swings left 😂

4bda66e2f508dce7b7feefd17690ed7a.thumb.jpg.3ea3276b217dc1139350b6958f203289.jpg

• Like 3

I do like speaking to a down to earth human being with a sense of humour when I had to phone Plusnet earlier this evening.

Been having problems with the connection dropping recently and the lovely female tech on the other end of the phone made, what is usually a long drawn out affair trying to understand the other person's accent, an absolute pleasure. Hopefully she's got the problem sorted, it'll take a couple of days to make sure, but so far so good.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Turvey said:

I do like speaking to a down to earth human being with a sense of humour when I had to phone Plusnet earlier this evening.

Been having problems with the connection dropping recently and the lovely female tech on the other end of the phone made, what is usually a long drawn out affair trying to understand the other person's accent, an absolute pleasure. Hopefully she's got the problem sorted, it'll take a couple of days to make sure, but so far so good.  

far and few of them glad you got it sorted 😊

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club