Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

6 minutes ago, zain611 said:

What is child maintenance? ⛑️

You will find out one day if you don't keep it covered.lol 

Child maintenance otherwise known as the money you would have had to buy a flash car and giving it to someone you no longer like. Ha ha. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What is child maintenance? [emoji3549]
What's a child??? [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

What's a child??? emoji6.png

£230k 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

£230k 
Stuff that !! [emoji54]

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, iantt said:

£230k 

That's like buying a flat 🤯

• Like 2

1 minute ago, zain611 said:

That's like buying a flat 🤯

Or a lovely bungalow with a massive garden and double garage out here away from London! :laugh:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Turvey said:

😲 And one of our 16 year old twins is going to TRNSMT in Glasgow with pals later on this year as well. 

Hadn't heard of that festival so just Googled it...I've only heard of 2 of the acts...now I feel old as well!! :laugh:

Wouldn't mind seeing Blossoms though! 

1 hour ago, iantt said:

You will find out one day if you don't keep it covered.lol 

Child maintenance otherwise known as the money you would have had to buy a flash car and giving it to someone you no longer like. Ha ha. 

What car are you gonna buy now then?? :biggrin:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Hadn't heard of that festival so just Googled it...I've only heard of 2 of the acts...now I feel old as well!! :laugh:

Wouldn't mind seeing Blossoms though! 

Must admit most of the names are new to me, but Liam Gallagher, Keane, Lewis Capaldi, Snow Patrol, Amy McDonald are some of the acts I'm aware of.......but I'm getting old as well 😃

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Turvey said:

Must admit most of the names are new to me, but Liam Gallagher, Keane, Lewis Capaldi, Snow Patrol, Amy McDonald are some of the acts I'm aware of.......but I'm getting old as well 😃

Just checked again as I didn't see any of those yesterday...  Only Friday's line up had loaded on the phone!! 🤦‍♂️ :laugh: 

So yeah, there's actually quite a few I'd heard of lol...I'll add Liam Gallagher, Snow Patrol & Foals to my list to see! :biggrin: 

Edit - Just been Youtube'ing a lot of the acts I hadn't heard of...turns out I have heard of them, just didn't remember the names!  I'd definitely buy a Saturday ticket, if it was on my doorstep lol.

• Like 1

I do like getting my focus back from a local independent garage yesterday evening.

History with this was: 

Monday 10th February 

All was 100% with the car; I arranged to get a lift to work so the wife could have the car to bring the kids to school as the weather was pretty bad rain.

15:30 I got home from work and recieved a phone call from my wife to say; shes parked down in Aldi and the car wont start 🤷‍♂️  I assumed it was a flat battery but although we live here twelve years now; I don't know anyone to assist with getting it going except a work mate whom was just home himself and I didn't want to bother him,

So she called the insurance company for road side assistance; they said we had it and arranged for a recovery truck to assist, 

Recovery truck arrived within 30 minutes but the engine wouldn't stay running; I suspected the reason was because the heated windscreen aswell as my two JL Audio amplifiers, tv tuner and dual dash cam system 😅 all come on automatically when the key I'd turned and my wife wouldn't know how to disconnect any of it. 

As result of not being able to get it running; the recovery truck brought it home on the back; left it outside the gate of our house, still better than getting clamped in Aldi carpark.

Tuesday 11th February 

I got a lift to work with a work mate, after work he came back with jump leads and a battery charger for use to get a diagnosis on the scale of the issue before replacing the battery or consulting a garage.

We hooked up the jump leads for twenty minutes and the focus started no issue, but as soon as the jump leads were disconnected; the voltage began to decline 14.0, 13.0, 12.0, 11.0 10.0, 9.0, eventually died at 8.0 volts with the revs on 3,500rpm 

The diagnosis then was that the alternator was the issue, my work mate and I were then going to tow it to a local independent garage for repair however the mk2.5 Diesel focus aswell as the RS and ST model has an electric power steering system, resulting in it being almost impossible to turn the wheel without the battery aswell as a risk of bursting seals in the steering column.

Meaning it needs to go on a recovery truck to the garage for repair alternatively charge the battery using a mains charger and tow it.

My wife then contacted the insurance to inquire about the road side assistance cover to find out whether we have one or more free lifts in a year or how does it work as yesterday she was panicking and just wanted to get home; but were now in a position where the focus cant be driven and needs to go to a garage for repair 🤷‍♂️

The insurance company then informed her that we don't have road side assistance on our insurance policy and asked if she remembered the name of the person whom issued the road side assistance on Monday 10th February 😬 she said she couldn't remember 😰 and then signed up to road side assistance at a cost of €46.00 for the year, however it takes five days to take effect which would be Monday 17th February before the insurance would cover the cost of getting the focus to the garage for repair 😟 and there wouldn't be any changes for the recovery which took place on Monday 11th because we didn't have any road side cover and it shouldn't have been issued. 

She then phoned a local recovery service to arrange for the focus to be collected from our home and brought to the independent garage for repair on Thursday Morning 13th February which was my payday, Cost €90 to have the focus brought a 20 minute journey to the independant garage although the first place she called wanted €100 to bring it to there own garage or €130 to bring it to the garage we wanted to go to 😂 

Thursday 13th February 

10am the recovery truck picked up the focus and brought it to the independent garage; my wife phoned the garage to provide the registration number aswell as contact details letting them know that it's on the way in for repair, 

Friday 14th February 

14:35 The independent garage phoned to say the focus was repaired and ready for collection 🙆‍♂️ I got home from work at 15:30 and tried to get a bus back in to the garage to collect the focus; however no bus arrived in the time before 17:00 which was then too late as they closed at 18:00. 

Saturday 15th February 

I collected the focus after work only €200 to have the alternator replaced or repaired and it's back running 100% 

Delighted 👍

20200216_094042.thumb.jpg.7c619d49572476948fbabaa4653e8302.jpg

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Lenny said:

I do like getting my focus back from a local independent garage yesterday evening.

History with this was: 

Monday 10th February 

All was 100% with the car; I arranged to get a lift to work so the wife could have the car to bring the kids to school as the weather was pretty bad rain.

15:30 I got home from work and recieved a phone call from my wife to say; shes parked down in Aldi and the car wont start 🤷‍♂️  I assumed it was a flat battery but although we live here twelve years now; I don't know anyone to assist with getting it going except a work mate whom was just home himself and I didn't want to bother him,

So she called the insurance company for road side assistance; they said we had it and arranged for a recovery truck to assist, 

Recovery truck arrived within 30 minutes but the engine wouldn't stay running; I suspected the reason was because the heated windscreen aswell as my two JL Audio amplifiers, tv tuner and dual dash cam system 😅 all come on automatically when the key I'd turned and my wife wouldn't know how to disconnect any of it. 

As result of not being able to get it running; the recovery truck brought it home on the back; left it outside the gate of our house, still better than getting clamped in Aldi carpark.

Tuesday 11th February 

I got a lift to work with a work mate, after work he came back with jump leads and a battery charger for use to get a diagnosis on the scale of the issue before replacing the battery or consulting a garage.

We hooked up the jump leads for twenty minutes and the focus started no issue, but as soon as the jump leads were disconnected; the voltage began to decline 14.0, 13.0, 12.0, 11.0 10.0, 9.0, eventually died at 8.0 volts with the revs on 3,500rpm 

The diagnosis then was that the alternator was the issue, my work mate and I were then going to tow it to a local independent garage for repair however the mk2.5 Diesel focus aswell as the RS and ST model has an electric power steering system, resulting in it being almost impossible to turn the wheel without the battery aswell as a risk of bursting seals in the steering column.

Meaning it needs to go on a recovery truck to the garage for repair alternatively charge the battery using a mains charger and tow it.

My wife then contacted the insurance to inquire about the road side assistance cover to find out whether we have one or more free lifts in a year or how does it work as yesterday she was panicking and just wanted to get home; but were now in a position where the focus cant be driven and needs to go to a garage for repair 🤷‍♂️

The insurance company then informed her that we don't have road side assistance on our insurance policy and asked if she remembered the name of the person whom issued the road side assistance on Monday 10th February 😬 she said she couldn't remember 😰 and then signed up to road side assistance at a cost of €46.00 for the year, however it takes five days to take effect which would be Monday 17th February before the insurance would cover the cost of getting the focus to the garage for repair 😟 and there wouldn't be any changes for the recovery which took place on Monday 11th because we didn't have any road side cover and it shouldn't have been issued. 

She then phoned a local recovery service to arrange for the focus to be collected from our home and brought to the independent garage for repair on Thursday Morning 13th February which was my payday, Cost €90 to have the focus brought a 20 minute journey to the independant garage although the first place she called wanted €100 to bring it to there own garage or €130 to bring it to the garage we wanted to go to 😂 

Thursday 13th February 

10am the recovery truck picked up the focus and brought it to the independent garage; my wife phoned the garage to provide the registration number aswell as contact details letting them know that it's on the way in for repair, 

Friday 14th February 

14:35 The independent garage phoned to say the focus was repaired and ready for collection 🙆‍♂️ I got home from work at 15:30 and tried to get a bus back in to the garage to collect the focus; however no bus arrived in the time before 17:00 which was then too late as they closed at 18:00. 

Saturday 15th February 

I collected the focus after work only €200 to have the alternator replaced or repaired and it's back running 100% 

Delighted 👍

20200216_094042.thumb.jpg.7c619d49572476948fbabaa4653e8302.jpg

glad you got it sorted👍

• Thanks 1

I do like that I've had a cold for a couple of weeks and can't smell a thing this morning! 

See the 'I don't like' thread 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guys need some help. So dad is looking at getting some autobeam bulbs for his car. Now the rear sidelights (2 middle ones) are the same fitment as the brake bulb (right) however if I was to get 2 of the performance brake light bulbs for the sidelight will it as bright as the brake lights? 

Screenshot_20200216-164736.png

26 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Guys need some help. So dad is looking at getting some autobeam bulbs for his car. Now the rear sidelights (2 middle ones) are the same fitment as the brake bulb (right) however if I was to get 2 of the performance brake light bulbs for the sidelight will it as bright as the brake lights? 

Screenshot_20200216-164736.png

Yeah should be 5 watt for sides, 21 watt for brake lights.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Yeah should be 5 watt for sides, 21 watt for brake lights.

They do a 382 fitment for the brake light which looking at the sidelight (R5W) and brake are the same. I'm just wondering if using the same LED Bulbs will be okay in terms of brightness that the sidelights with the autobeam bulbs in aren't as bright as the brake light if I put their bulb in there too. 

20200218_075057.thumb.jpg.57b5659f9ffaf34a446c99caa50ea38b.jpg

Our eldest daughter is quite an artist; she's twelve years old and has never saw the movie "IT" other than the movie cover on Netflix 

And the little blue card there is our five year old sons version of her drawing 😂

Neither of them ever saw the movie, 

And I found the other small illustration in the letterbox of the front door 😂 trying to scare each other 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

187 days after placing the order, my new toy is now registered :toast:

All that's left now is to arrange a delivery date...

• Like 3

This is how I look at my bank account balance,

Not sure what he's looking at though 😅

20200219_062057.thumb.jpg.c37286db07579e90797a2ed849e93713.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I do like reading this morning that Viofo (the dashcam maker) are sending me a new rear camera unit and cable (A129 duo) after mine became faulty (rear camera doesn't record or is intermittent). 

• Like 3

Dad bought some autobeam performance bulbs for his volvo. Performance brake lights and indicators. Tested the brake lights out and they are really really bright 🙈. Looks brighter than the performance ones I have in my fiesta. He's one is 382 whilst mine is 380 which works as both sidelight and brake lights (fitment might be wrong way round). Dad's a bit nervous as he thinks he might get pulled over but I think he just has to get used to it. 

@Zico if you haven't already get the performance brake lights 🤯

Screenshot_20200219-214022.png

• Like 2

Just had my insurance renewal through...  10% cheaper than last year!  Not sure if I'm just sceptical but that doesn't seem right does it?  It usually goes up each year! :unsure:

I do also like the warning about the forum server upgrades...much more useful than before when you'd be midway through a post and it'd suddenly cu...

🤭

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Just had my insurance renewal through...  10% cheaper than last year!  Not sure if I'm just sceptical but that doesn't seem right does it?  It usually goes up each year! :unsure:

I do also like the warning about the forum server upgrades...much more useful than before when you'd be midway through a post and it'd suddenly cu...

🤭

Why you worried about that? I'd be happy myself if it's going cheaper 😂

Noticed that also with the forum

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

giphy.gif.5b440ab66792ddf118dc25a0a61e2981.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Today I do like that I actually had a surprisingly good experience with we buy any car today. Posted about it in the things I don’t like forum, but actually the result turned out well!

Other things I do like...the thought of knowing I’m probably going to be collecting my new car on Saturday or early next week...Focus ST estate - the turbo wagon. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, zain611 said:

Why you worried about that? I'd be happy myself if it's going cheaper 😂

Lol, if it's too good to be true...it usually is!  Just worried they'll send me another one tomorrow saying 'whoops, our mistake, it's actually double this year!'... :laugh:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club