Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

Coming out of Tesco's earlier I found my almost identical twin parked next to me-

a5784ac682ca1cff0f9599af8466da58.jpg

Saw differences that drew my attention - rear diffuser, exhaust layout and headlamp washers (which I don't have) plus car was sitting higher too.
Checked up on it and found it was the diesel model, same headlights though so why washers when mine doesn't?
I can only assume it's because I have LED lights and maybe the other car maybe had HID?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Coming out of Tesco's earlier I found my almost identical twin parked next to me-

a5784ac682ca1cff0f9599af8466da58.jpg

Saw differences that drew my attention - rear diffuser, exhaust layout and headlamp washers (which I don't have) plus car was sitting higher too.
Checked up on it and found it was the diesel model, same headlights though so why washers when mine doesn't?
I can only assume it's because I have LED lights and maybe the other car maybe had HID?

Cost savings. They have removed the headlight washers from the 2020.25 MY. 

Mine is a 2019.75 MY and still has them. 

How do your dipped beams look? They must have reduced the light output to remove the washers. Either dimmed them or shut off a module each side or something. 

• Like 1

Lights are still bright and clear.
From reading up it appears there is no legal requirement for washers on LED as they are cooler and don't weld dirt to the lenses like hot HID do.

1 minute ago, Stoney871 said:

Lights are still bright and clear.
From reading up it appears there is no legal requirement for washers on LED as they are cooler and don't weld dirt to the lenses like hot HID do.

Afaik, the headlight washers are based on light output. That’s why I assumed they’d reduced dipped beam to get rid of the washers ....? 🤷‍♂️

On 2/22/2020 at 8:42 AM, TimST2 said:

About to get tooled-up with the snow foam lance and wax :gunsmilie:

And normality restored :thumbup1:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TimST2 said:

About to get tooled-up with the snow foam lance and wax :gunsmilie:

snow foam?? We've got actual snow falling out the sky right now so there will be none of that here. 

• Like 1

On 2/21/2020 at 8:51 AM, TomsFocus said:

What happened to the rest of your NCB? :unsure: 

I didn't notice any drop at 25...in fact, it definitely went up that year.  I had 8 years NCB by then though.

I only passed my test in August 2016 and didn't get NCB for the first year as I cancelled before the year was up due to changing vehicles etc...  Therefore I only have 2 full years (at the moment) despite having never made a claim, which is annoying but hey ho!

• Sad 1

This afternoon's job is to hoover and mop the garage floor in preparation for it's new resident on Tuesday. Then I'll be spending a couple of evenings with the Gtechniq...

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, The Finance Guy said:

Snow foam?? We've got actual snow falling out the sky right now so there will be none of that here. 

Well the weather's bonkers here at the moment. Having just said it's spitting with rain, the sun's out again now!

At least this afternoon's garage-based jobs are indoors so I don't care what it does.

3 hours ago, alexp999 said:

Afaik, the headlight washers are based on light output. That’s why I assumed they’d reduced dipped beam to get rid of the washers ....? 🤷‍♂️

I think the washers were for HIDs, I am yet to see a car with LED lights (for dipped beam) that has washers (not saying it doesn't exist, just haven't seen it, even on some Audi's BMW etc.)

My car has adaptive LED headlights, and no washers.

• Like 1

Well mine (mk4 Vignale ) has adaptive LED and washers.

43 minutes ago, Incontro said:

I think the washers were for HIDs, I am yet to see a car with LED lights (for dipped beam) that has washers (not saying it doesn't exist, just haven't seen it, even on some Audi's BMW etc.)

My car has adaptive LED headlights, and no washers.

Mine has adaptive LED and washers. They were removed for the 2020.25 MY. 

4 hours ago, TimST2 said:

Well the weather's bonkers here at the moment. Having just said it's spitting with rain, the sun's out again now!

At least this afternoon's garage-based jobs are indoors so I don't care what it does.

For the past month it's been crap weather at the weekends with two storms or just constant rain be it light drizzle or lashing it down. By the time there is a small spell of calm I can't be bothered to go out it's too dark or cold :sad:. Got up late today and it was relatively light but blustery and will be raining very soon. Sunday will be wet again so the filthy car remains for the time being.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2020 at 9:51 AM, TomsFocus said:

🤦‍♂️ yeah, there's actually quite a few I'd heard of lol...I'll add Liam Gallagher, Snow Patrol & Foals to my list to see! :biggrin: 

Edit - Just been Youtube'ing a lot of the acts I hadn't heard of...turns out I have heard of them, just didn't remember the names!  I'd definitely buy a Saturday ticket, if it was on my doorstep lol.

@Turvey Hmm...just been reminded of a fairly local festival... 

https://www.latitudefestival.com/

Could be a good bit of motivation...but could also be a huge waste of money if I can't make it on the day! 🤔  

I've been to the venue a few times before for a Steam & Vintage show (slightly different audience!) buy couldn't make it last year.  Also assume there were nowhere near as many people there as there would be at the music festival!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Zico said:

@Stoney871 I was promised a full tank when I got my ST but forgot to check. Luckily I managed to drive the ~110 miles home and the fuel gauge was reading ~10 miles left so must have had roughly 1/4 tank or so. The dealership did send me £50 cheque a few days later to make up for the fact that they forgot to fill the tank though :thumbsup:.

@zain611 I thought immediately of you when I went past a car with clouded up head lights yesterday. You should get a business card made up and I could have got you some business :biggrin:.

Still need to practice. Dad's headlights from the top haven't come out great. Probably need to practice spray painting so I can put clear coat on top like what I did with mine. 

16 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

Saw a brand new Defender on the M40 tonight, looked very cool! A far cry from the old one, one of which we had for a few months back in 2015.

I quite like the old one. Had a go in this murdered out one. It's funny that the air vents look identical to the ones in my fiesta. Dad's friend sadly sold this for a Ford ranger which is just as big. When we came to the front of the house my neighbour was parking up and was staring at us 😂. Someone in the house lifted up the curtains to take a look also 🤣

Screenshot_20200222-172215.png

Screenshot_20200222-172234.png

Screenshot_20200222-172246.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

Bit breezy up here today as well 😃

Screenshot_20200222-160928.png

Think we need a heroic lifeguard out there. 

@iantt we need you!!!!!!!! 

Screenshot_20200222-172656.png

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, zain611 said:

Think we need a heroic lifeguard out there. 

@iantt we need you!!!!!!!! 

Screenshot_20200222-172656.png

N.F.C

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

The satisfaction of accidentally landing perfectly on £15!! :laugh:

1349067302_IMG_20200224_1111335652.thumb.jpg.8f12fcba61d7282e80051f9fd7f104e8.jpg

Hope that video isn't what I think it is 😂

I used to aim for that when I go to the petrol station but would aim at least 2p less since one of the cashiers said to me for the extra few pence. I honestly can't remember the last time I went to the petrol station as I'm hardly using the car now. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Hope that video isn't what I think it is 😂

I used to aim for that when I go to the petrol station but would aim at least 2p less since one of the cashiers said to me for the extra few pence. I honestly can't remember the last time I went to the petrol station as I'm hardly using the car now. 

It's an instructional video on the use of power tools.  Women can use power tools just as well as men can, it would be sexist to suggest otherwise!! :tongue: 

Believe it or not, that song got to number 2 in the charts back in 2003!!  I'll be honest though, I'm not sure you'll like the video!  It was a different time! :laugh:  It was a fantastic track for testing out subwoofers!! :biggrin: 

I've got to get diesel today as it happens...  I usually brim the tank though, so don't aim for a perfect price very often.  I remember the first time I got fuel though, was during driving lessons as my instructor said he thought everyone should know how to do it...  He told me it needed to be bang on to make his VAT claims easier though...took me 3 or 4 attempts (up £1 each time) to get it bang on! :laugh: 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

It's an instructional video on the use of power tools.  Women can use power tools just as well as men can, it would be sexist to suggest otherwise!! :tongue: 

Believe it or not, that song got to number 2 in the charts back in 2003!!  I'll be honest though, I'm not sure you'll like the video!  It was a different time! :laugh:  It was a fantastic track for testing out subwoofers!! :biggrin: 

I've got to get diesel today as it happens...  I usually brim the tank though, so don't aim for a perfect price very often.  I remember the first time I got fuel though, was during driving lessons as my instructor said he thought everyone should know how to do it...  He told me it needed to be bang on to make his VAT claims easier though...took me 3 or 4 attempts (up £1 each time) to get it bang on! :laugh: 

I remember when I was learning in a white vauxhall corsa D sxi and my instructor telling me to fill it up. When I got my Peugeot on the first visit I didn't know how to open the filler cap which luckily someone helped me. Your surposed to put the key in the whole on the cap, turn it then turn the cap. Easier on the fiesta as the key hole is on the filler flap 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Oh yes, the good old subwoofer test. Another good one for testing out subwoofers is Mr Oizo Flatbeat which was used in a Levi's ad (see below). 

Coincidence as I had to fill up today too. Brimmed the tank at spot on £44. I never had to fill up on my driving lessons. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Nick Y said:

Oh yes, the good old subwoofer test. Another good one for testing out subwoofers is Mr Oizo Flatbeat which was used in a Levi's ad (see below). 

Coincidence as I had to fill up today too. Brimmed the tank at spot on £44. I never had to fill up on my driving lessons. 

Yep, that's another sub favourite!! :biggrin:

Had massive issues with the BP app earlier.  Spent a good 30 mins trying to get it working and eventually came home to try and sort it...  Ended up locking myself out of the app completely! 🤦‍♂️ Can only get back in by phoning them so I'm just giving up on that altogether.  The app is such a good idea when it works but it's just so unreliable!!  Anyway, went back out after tea to fill up, brimmed the tank as usual and the pump clicked off dead on 51 litres!!  What are the chances of that!? :laugh:

846990354_IMG_20200224_2029501872.thumb.jpg.bca20530a62c7207ec5c688522cec174.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club