laumk7

Things I Do Like

10 hours ago, SeanW said:

You, sir, are a man of many talents!

That's a cracking idea, and you've got the kids involved too!!

Awesome, absolutely awesome!

Thanks Sean,

Forgot to mention that I painted the inside white as well to better spread the light at night time, I'll try get a picture of it in the dark later 

Not sure if this should go in the like or unlike thread but our 17 year old son passed his driving test today! 6 minors for those interested. 

After 3 hours sorting out his insurance watching him drive away in his own car(Fiesta) filled me with a sense of pride 😎

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

Not sure if this should go in the like or unlike thread but our 17 year old son passed his driving test today! 6 minors for those interested. 

After 3 hours sorting out his insurance watching him drive away in his own car(Fiesta) filled me with a sense of pride 😎

Congrats. I'd say keep an eye on him for the next few months as he'd still be getting used to driving. After that he'll be happy just driving alone. That's how I felt anyway. I think I got 11 minors but I only did 37 hours of learning 2 hours a week so that wasn't enough to say I was comfortable until after a year. 

My insurance was £2080 for a Peugeot 107 1 litre when I passed. 

Was looking at some fiesta zetec s's. Normally I don't like searching up my own car but have seen some nice looking ones

First saw this one in matte black with around 93k miles going for only £1000 however its a cat dScreenshot_20180815-105634.thumb.png.f9e1ca5fd905cc936bb107a529a230b1.png

Then saw this anniversary one. Don't know whether to get a petrol zetec s or get something different when the low emissions zones charge come. I'm not sure if £3250 is a lot for a fiesta 😕

Screenshot_20180815-105837.png

43 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Congrats. I'd say keep an eye on him for the next few months as he'd still be getting used to driving. After that he'll be happy just driving alone. That's how I felt anyway. I think I got 11 minors but I only did 37 hours of learning 2 hours a week so that wasn't enough to say I was comfortable until after a year. 

My insurance was £2080 for a Peugeot 107 1 litre when I passed. 

I think he only had about 12 or 13 lessons plus driving about with me and his mum. 

Insurance is 'only' £900 for his 1.4 diesel Fiesta. Thing that annoyed me was that due to his age he couldn't get a credit agreement therefore had to pay for a years insurance in a oner! 

2 hours ago, Turvey said:

I think he only had about 12 or 13 lessons plus driving about with me and his mum. 

Insurance is 'only' £900 for his 1.4 diesel Fiesta. Thing that annoyed me was that due to his age he couldn't get a credit agreement therefore had to pay for a years insurance in a oner! 

You didn't get bad insurance there for your son. I'm paying £960 at the moment with legal cover for my 1.6 diesel fiesta and that's with 3 years no claims. Insurers really like to do people over and say its down to location. I think when I move out I'd look for a place outside London. In 2 years time though insurance looks to get cheaper and kind of affordable. I was quoted around £1100 for a 2.5 6 cylinder BMW 325i whereas if I did that now I'd be quoted over £2000.

17 minutes ago, SeanW said:

A few years ago, my best mate got bored...decided to het a quote for a Ferrari...it was cheaper to insure than his car at the time - an Astra 😂

My dad was looking at quotes I think on a newer audi A5 and that was cheaper to insure than his current car which is a 2005 VW bora 1.9 TDI and the audi he put in had a bigger engine. Must be the safety features newer cars have. I was messing about looking at how much insurance would be for me for a 2015 BMW 330D Xdrive. I said I was 2 years older than I am and been quoted around £2000 which I don't know is good or bad. Me and dad might do a multicar cover with admiral as it may lower our insurance. 

The newer 330D Xdrive are claimed 5.3 seconds to 60 and claiming 58mpg which to me is really good. Your getting sports car performance but cheap running costs. Road tax is just £140. A decent one is going for around £18k which really isn't bad considering they were around £36k new just 3 years ago. Personally wouldn't mind saving up for that when I start working. 

10 hours ago, SeanW said:

A few years ago, my best mate got bored...decided to het a quote for a Ferrari...it was cheaper to insure than his car at the time - an Astra 😂

I did a quote after I passed my test for a laugh. It was about £1000 less for me to insure a brand new Morgan Plus 8 than it would have been for a 10 year old (at the time) Impreza WRX. 

13 hours ago, SeanW said:

I'm guessing it was a Red 🤬 Astra 

Nothing faster than a Red 🤬 

Every time I say 🤬 Astra it comes up with a 🤬 lol

1 hour ago, dezwez said:

that looks cool 🙂

Thanks Dez,

I keep hearing the Exorcist theme tune in my head when I look out at it in the dark 😀