laumk7

Things I Do Like

Recommended Posts

Usually it's 1 man to find the leak with a detector, a different man to dig the hole, another man to fix the leak, different man again to fill the hole and finally another fella to make it all pretty again and by pretty it's usually - pretty awful!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

35 minutes ago, dezwez said:

that make a nice change :smile:

They say they can hear it but can't find it, started digging there and now there at the gate pillar digging along with a petrol kango nice big of kit, pull start petrol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, WES180 said:

Usually it's 1 man to find the leak with a detector, a different man to dig the hole, another man to fix the leak, different man again to fill the hole and finally another fella to make it all pretty again and by pretty it's usually - pretty awful!!!

Last fellas usually plasterd himself 😂 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WES180 said:

Usually it's 1 man to find the leak with a detector, a different man to dig the hole, another man to fix the leak, different man again to fill the hole and finally another fella to make it all pretty again and by pretty it's usually - pretty awful!!!

mate you hit the nail on the head with the sledgehammer there 😂.  atm we going through a claim with cadent as it took them from beginning of august to the beginning of November to replace our gas pipe, with two massive holes in the patio, well 1 was like 3ft by 3ft and 2ft deep the other was like 5ft by 5ft and 2ft deep and was left like this from the beginning of september to the beginning of November. from august to September it was random blokes coming out with scanners trying to tell me its a main pipe and there is nowt they can do, its a ***** service pipe you moron 

 

TOPIC:- things I do like...…. I LOVE cadent lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do like getting 40mpg, but at the same time having 200bhp on tap for when you want to be a bit of a hooligan :driving:

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dezwez said:

it must be very deep that they cant find it

Update: they ran out of man hours today and couldn't find the leak, They have cemented the area again and marked two spots in the driveway which they want to try next week, 

As the first guy that arrived last week was supposed to be the navigator and they were the reapair crew to fix the source,

But there reair schedule got consumed with sourcing the leak, so there on a new job tomorrow morning, 

Said one of our neighbours is losing 67 litres a minute 😟 and there's nothing surfacing there neither, another neighbour is losing 4 litres per minute.

The saga continues 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Update: they ran out of man hours today and couldn't find the leak, They have cemented the area again and marked two spots in the driveway which they want to try next week, 

As the first guy that arrived last week was supposed to be the navigator and they were the reapair crew to fix the source,

But there reair schedule got consumed with sourcing the leak, so there on a new job tomorrow morning, 

Said one of our neighbours is losing 67 litres a minute 😟 and there's nothing surfacing there neither, another neighbour is losing 4 litres per minute.

The saga continues 

sounds like you all have a underground boating lake :smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watch out for Lenny and his neighbours houses on the next series of channel 5's Sinkholes!!! 😯

Of course I'm joking Lenny but there have been a lot properties on it that have sunk due to burst water mains. I hope they find it soon mate and there's not too much underground damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

could happen if there's enough wash out I think it would take a few years :ohmy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, martyntdci said:

do you ever get that sinking feeling?

lol :smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is the leak on his land or not known yet? the only reason I ask if I had a leak on my land, from the stop tap on the pavement to inside my kitchen under ground some where it would be my responsibility and I would have to pay. via insurance of course

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do like having just booked 3 track days for this year - Castle Combe in May and September, and Brands Hatch in June :driving:

I'm also hoping to go to Pure Ford in April, and CarFest South is already booked for August 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine already needs the salt washing off, but I'm hoping all the wax will make that possible with a quick pressure wash tomorrow.

 

My wife's car also needs a wash. For some reason it looks like a muddy troupe of monkeys has walked over it 

 

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TimST2 said:

I do like having just booked 3 track days for this year - Castle Combe in May and September, and Brands Hatch in June :driving:

I'm also hoping to go to Pure Ford in April, and CarFest South is already booked for August emoji4.png

I have a "Five Supercar Driving Thrill at a Top UK Race Track" and a "Extended Rally Driving Experience" which I haven't booked yet but it will be at Brands Hatch as it's just up the road for me.

Did an Ariel Atom drive a few years ago as part of a leaving gift at work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That all sounds a lot of fun. How did you find the Atom?

 

Before I started taking my own car on track my wife bought me a day where you could drive a range of cars. The Formula Ford single-seater was my favourite - so different to driving a road car.

 

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was the first track car experience I've done (still is for the time being) and I enjoyed it. There is no power steering, ABS or any faff like that, just you and the car.

They get you to go up to 5th gear and then basically you're good for the circuit. The power is great and as the instructor said to me, you're likely to be the main car on the circuit passing everything else 😄.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TimST2 said:

Mine already needs the salt washing off, but I'm hoping all the wax will make that possible with a quick pressure wash tomorrow.

My wife's car also needs a wash. For some reason it looks like a muddy troupe of monkeys has walked over it emoji6.png

Been to Halfords? 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It was the first track car experience I've done (still is for the time being) and I enjoyed it. There is no power steering, ABS or any faff like that, just you and the car. They get you to go up to 5th gear and then basically you're good for the circuit. The power is great and as the instructor said to me, you're likely to be the main car on the circuit passing everything else .  

Same with the Lotus I drive too - no power steering, traction control, servo-assisted brakes or anything. You really learn a lot about car dynamics as you build experience on track. It's very rewarding.

 

Your supercar day will be quite a contrast I imagine!

 

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do like seeing an Esso sign when the dashboard says this!

2949e8a9639c2245a410b71160eb21c9.jpg&key=0380334c1e663c1ab765de255268d29aff51c5a13b93140f6cbcbe4a399b8d70

I had 35 miles of my journey left when the light came on (50 miles to 0) and glanced down 30 miles later as I left the motorway and saw that it said 4 miles to 0

The 3 miles it took to find a petrol station were squeaky bum time!

 

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder how light you was pressing the go pedal lol. I've always been superstitious on the miles left to empty but yours must be mega accurate... Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, martyntdci said:
Wonder how light you was pressing the go pedal lol. I've always been superstitious on the miles left to empty but yours must be mega accurate... Lol

I think the issue is that the prediction is based on previous mpg and at motorway speeds my mpg is lower.

It's mega accurate unless I actually had 10 litres left of course...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do like sausage, cheese and tomato with black pepper and brown sauce on oatcakes for dinner  😋 😋 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now