laumk7

Things I Do Like

Recommended Posts

I do like splashing out and buying Mrs Turvey a bottle of Prosecco for Valentine's 🥂 😆

 

 

IMG_20190214_192413675.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

3 hours ago, dezwez said:

so that's the end of Watergate affair then he he🤣😂

😀 seems to be 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Turvey said:

I do like splashing out and buying Mrs Turvey a bottle of Prosecco for Valentine's 🥂 😆

 

 

IMG_20190214_192413675.jpg

Just the one 🥂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2019 at 8:00 PM, TomsFocus said:

Is there anywhere you could go to meet like-minded people?  I know you're not a pubs & clubs kind of person lol, but girls won't just appear in your house, you need to get out there and start talking to a few more I reckon! :biggrin:

 

@TomsFocus @iantt happy birthday to you both 🎉 🎊.

Lol I don't think I've ever been in a club. My parents I don't think would allow that plus I don't like seeing how you got blokes standing outside with their drinks probably drunk. I think I'm still young to be looking for someone plus personally I think it's best I plan on future investments when I start working like saving for a property then saving for a nice car for myself. The type of girls I like are mainly the decent ones but mostly those types were also brought up to not have boyfriends. Even the girl I liked I once was coming home on the bus with her from college and she said I don't want my family seeing me with a boy. I'd say when we're older, working full time would be when these types of girls might try looking for someone. 

My mum actually found out about the girl I liked and thankfully she said in no anger that you know her culture isn't the same as us and that if I did ever get married to her and had kids she would move them closer to her culture or teaching them her language. Personally after starting uni and not seeing her I felt a bit more happy with my life. Problem with me is I get insecure and just went through stress or depression. That's kind of why I wonder if I want to get married later in my life. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Lenny said:

😀 seems to be 

good job it wasn't gas 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Lenny said:

No 😂 

Says they fixed it although no water surfaced when dug out, They were at the pipe though because they rang the doorbell after I flushed the toilet

🌩🙄😬😐😳😨😰🔥😲😌😔😖💩🤭🚽💧🚪🛎👷‍♂️😅😐

All over now 

Haha, I had a similar issue a few weeks ago, had just put the washing machine on and was sat on the toilet when I heard a lot of metallic scraping and clanking outside...  Finished as quick as I could and flushed, then looked out the window to see someone trying to clear a blockage in our sewage drain! 😮  Fortunately that particular drain takes waste from several flats so they didn't know who it was! :laugh:  In my defence, no one had told us beforehand lol. :lol: 

21 minutes ago, zain611 said:

@TomsFocus @iantt happy birthday to you both 🎉 🎊.

Lol I don't think I've ever been in a club. My parents I don't think would allow that plus I don't like seeing how you got blokes standing outside with their drinks probably drunk. I think I'm still young to be looking for someone plus personally I think it's best I plan on future investments when I start working like saving for a property then saving for a nice car for myself. The type of girls I like are mainly the decent ones but mostly those types were also brought up to not have boyfriends. Even the girl I liked I once was coming home on the bus with her from college and she said I don't want my family seeing me with a boy. I'd say when we're older, working full time would be when these types of girls might try looking for someone. 

My mum actually found out about the girl I liked and thankfully she said in no anger that you know her culture isn't the same as us and that if I did ever get married to her and had kids she would move them closer to her culture or teaching them her language. Personally after starting uni and not seeing her I felt a bit more happy with my life. Problem with me is I get insecure and just went through stress or depression. That's kind of why I wonder if I want to get married later in my life. 

Thanks Zain, I did have a nice day afterall. :smile:   Weather was good so had a nice walk around a localish nature reserve and riverside.  And then had a really good hard drive through the backroads on the way home after having to leave the dual carriageway due to heavy traffic, rarely ever go for a nice backroad drive nowadays!  Because of the detour and getting caught in up in a nice drive I forgot to get any diesel though...better do that today as there's only 5 miles left on the range now! :laugh: 

I must admit, I forget how big the differences are between different cultures, can imagine it makes it very difficult to keep yourself happy as well as not upsetting your family etc.  It sounds like your Mum is very accepting of the potential change though so that's good, I know some wouldn't be.  I am always a bit surprised when you say your Mum or Dad wouldn't let you do something or go somewhere despite now being an adult yourself.  I never really had to think about it, I grew up in a small rural village with literally 99.9% white British people so didn't have the option for anything else lol!  Obviously that's far from ideal though, it was only when I got older that I realised just how prejudiced some of my older relatives are, but they've never known any different and are too old to change now. :sad:  I'd like to think the majority of our generation is a lot more accepting and integrated now though. :smile: 

I don't think your insecurity is going to go away unless you do start meeting new people.  Not necessarily for a long term relationship or anything, just to help with the confidence a bit.  I don't have any confidence either so I do appreciate how stressful it is lol.  I'm really hoping to try and meet a few more like-minded people this year, not for a relationship but just for some real life social interaction...  Trouble is, I don't know where to go to do that either lol.  :lol: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2019 at 12:38 PM, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I've spent a couple of hours this morning carefully removing and measuring the door handles/locks etc as per the diagram and then found all I really needed was the reference number off the old lock😡! Can't wait for the new bits to arrive now so I can do the job!

 

 

New handles arrived this morning. Job done, brownie points from the Mrs earned, steak and chips tonight!😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Lenny said:

Just the one 🥂

I spoilt her and bought her another 😉

 

I know how to treat a lady 😎 😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't normally post here but I am feeling very very smug today and I have to share my reason.
Today I fitted a reverse camera to my mk3.5 st line Focus. It does not have rear sensors so there was no PAM or wiring pugs laid ready.
I had to get a 54 pin APIM harness that had all the wires present and also an RCA socket, amazon smiled on me there. I enabled the cam via Forscan and the harness came today. I've fitted it and tested it and it works!
The hardest part was getting the boot release and number plate lights part off the car.
Anyways, it works perfectly now.c67871831f3cde9c2372a2978e0d6d0a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20190215_165017.thumb.jpg.8da1dd06e6a6b4382dd3e8b5084bfda3.jpg

Why is the rear bumper showing up as red on the camera screen when your profile picture shows the car in white? 

Heat from the exhaust perhaps 🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, iantt said:

Old profile pic of his Mondeo? 

Ow rite, 

I've been quite isolated in the threads I've viewed recently

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, WES180 said:

Compulsive liar and nicked a pic off the web?😂

Doesnt own the mondeo in profile picture 😂

Or possibly smashed up the rear then decided to fit camera pending respray of the eBay Replacemet bumper🤭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Lenny said:

Or smashed up the rear then decided to fit camera pending respray of the eBay bumper 🤭

🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Or smashed up the rear then decided to fit camera pending respray of the eBay Replacemet bumper🤭

that some eBay find 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jonro2009 said:

I don't normally post here but I am feeling very very smug today and I have to share my reason.
Today I fitted a reverse camera to my mk3.5 st line Focus. It does not have rear sensors so there was no PAM or wiring pugs laid ready.
I had to get a 54 pin APIM harness that had all the wires present and also an RCA socket, amazon smiled on me there. I enabled the cam via Forscan and the harness came today. I've fitted it and tested it and it works!
The hardest part was getting the boot release and number plate lights part off the car.
Anyways, it works perfectly now.c67871831f3cde9c2372a2978e0d6d0a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
 

A reversing camera is great when parking in a tight space. Fitted one on my fiesta and just today it helped me park in a tight space. Was parking on a narrow road so had to be careful how far the front was swinging out. Sometimes I think of having parking sensors as it gives you a audible que rather than moving you eyes to something else like the camera screen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not running out on the way to fuel station! :laugh:

IMG_20190215_142212173.thumb.jpg.5ecd129df67dddf59520190f4227e1f8.jpg

Also, the guy on the till was confirming everyone's pump number by saying the make and colour of the car...  Trouble is there were 3 black VWs on the forcourt at the time. :laugh:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lenny said:

20190215_165017.thumb.jpg.8da1dd06e6a6b4382dd3e8b5084bfda3.jpg

Why is the rear bumper showing up as red on the camera screen when your profile picture shows the car in white? 

Heat from the exhaust perhaps 🤷‍♂️

Sorry, profile pic is my old Mondeo. I will get it sorted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

having parking sensors have saved me a couple of times low posts ☺️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, WES180 said:

Compulsive liar and nicked a pic off the web? Probably doesn't even own a car! 😂😂😂

I'm hoping you dont think that of me 😕 

It is my car, happy to take more pics now if you want 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

I'm hoping you dont think that of me 😕 

It is my car, happy to take more pics now if you want 😉

Of course I don't think that of you mate but here's a pic for you to save you trying to find one online!🤣

Screenshot_20190215-180841_Gallery.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.