laumk7

Things I Do Like

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, ElliotReid said:

Sarah Chalke (Dr Elliot Reid in Scrubs)

Video gaming (PC/XBox One X/PS4 Pro/ Nintendo Switch) been gaming since the late 1970s and will have a game controller prised from my lifeless hand when I die.

Motorbikes

Baking

Cooking in general

Golf

1) Yes, oh yes.

2) PC>Xbox>Nintendo>PS

3) Never ridden one, would like to but would probably end up mangled after my first attempt

4) Can't bake very well but enjoy cakes etc.

5) See 4

6) Never played but oh my it's a painful thing to watch on tv. When The Open is in Sandwich (Kent) it's about as close as I get to being involved in golf as I ever do (due to having to try and coordinate roadworks etc. around the event).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

If your talking about braking power I definitely agree. Wish ford put those size discs on all model fiestas as it's better for safety. After upgrading the front and rear brakes to ST ones there's less pressure needed on the pedal to get decent braking plus all 4 brakes seem to engage not like before with the drums. 
Let's just say I noticed the lights were red a tad too late but still pulled up on the line...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do/don't like being caught out by my elderly neighbour earlier today 😀

 

I pressure washed a bit of our fence this morning and in doing so I managed to spray dirty water on her conservatory. Had a quick look to see if her car was there(I didn't see it) I started to give the glass a quick hose, at which point she appeared at the window 😆 thankfully with a smile on her face. We had a yarn over the fence and I ended up washing the whole of the conservatory and back windows with a proper brush and soapy water and rinsed it off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I do/don't like being caught out by my elderly neighbour earlier today 😀

 

I pressure washed a bit of our fence this morning and in doing so I managed to spray dirty water on her conservatory. Had a quick look to see if her car was there(I didn't see it) I started to give the glass a quick hose, at which point she appeared at the window 😆 thankfully with a smile on her face. We had a yarn over the fence and I ended up washing the whole of the conservatory and back windows with a proper brush and soapy water and rinsed it off. 

It's the thought that counts 👍.

With the really windy weather at the moment the bins keep falling down in the front so in the morning I'd pick up both mine and my neighbours bins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Turvey said:

I do/don't like being caught out by my elderly neighbour earlier today 😀

 

I pressure washed a bit of our fence this morning and in doing so I managed to spray dirty water on her conservatory. Had a quick look to see if her car was there(I didn't see it) I started to give the glass a quick hose, at which point she appeared at the window 😆 thankfully with a smile on her face. We had a yarn over the fence and I ended up washing the whole of the conservatory and back windows with a proper brush and soapy water and rinsed it off. 

We're you soaking wet in a T-shirt 

Was she holding a Dildow or a cup of tea at the window 😂 you got me all wet in the process Kevin #DirtBird

5 hours ago, zain611 said:

It's the thought that counts 👍.

With the really windy weather at the moment the bins keep falling down in the front so in the morning I'd pick up both mine and my neighbours bins

Is your neighbour Chinese? 

20190311_033202.thumb.png.c89602e7abb7e894c0f6c7362521a489.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Lenny said:

We're you soaking wet in a T-shirt 

Was she holding a Dildow or a cup of tea at the window 😂 you got me all wet in the process Kevin #DirtBird

 

I think you've been watching too many '70s 'Adult' films Lenny 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Turvey said:

I think you've been watching too many '70s 'Adult' films Lenny 😁

Lol :smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, zain611 said:

It's the thought that counts 👍.

With the really windy weather at the moment the bins keep falling down in the front so in the morning I'd pick up both mine and my neighbours bins

It's nice to nice 😁

 

Also, it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Turvey said:

I think you've been watching too many '70s 'Adult' films Lenny 😁

🤣Sour...

GladHeAteHer is my favourite 😂

 

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

It's nice to nice 😁

Also, it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice 😉

Isint that a Scooter Quote 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lenny said:

🤣Sour...

 

GladHeAteHer is my favourite 😂

Yeah I've spelled checked it and everything.

Isint that a scooter Quote 😀

I thought you meant Scooter from The Muppets until I Googled it! :-) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

I thought you meant Scooter from The Muppets until I Googled it! 🙂

Nah 😅 great motivation music for Monday,

Used to cycle my bike with my walkman and headphones listening to Scooter, 02:15 there "it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice" 

You would do a great job power washing to the beats of Scooter 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"The only way to have a friend, is to be a friend"
Another one of Scooter's quotes from The Night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sitting in the lecture room before lecture and having a feeling the room will be as empty as this 😂. This module I learn on Mondays there's no exams for it so most people don't come in as they say what's the point if we don't get examed on it. 

15523058060934025139820508306935.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Sitting in the lecture room before lecture and having a feeling the room will be as empty as this 😂. This module I learn on Mondays there's no exams for it so most people don't come in as they say what's the point if we don't get examed on it. 

15523058060934025139820508306935.jpg

still learning though :smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Nick Y said:

"The only way to have a friend, is to be a friend"
Another one of Scooter's quotes from The Night.

so true :smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Sitting in the lecture room before lecture and having a feeling the room will be as empty as this 😂. This module I learn on Mondays there's no exams for it so most people don't come in as they say what's the point if we don't get examed on it. 

15523058060934025139820508306935.jpg

I reckon the lecturer is thinking: if you weren't there he could have Monday's off, 

😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Sitting in the lecture room before lecture and having a feeling the room will be as empty as this 😂. This module I learn on Mondays there's no exams for it so most people don't come in as they say what's the point if we don't get examed on it. 

15523058060934025139820508306935.jpg

I don't even want to know what the stain is on that seat... :unsure:

What's the point of a module without exams out of interest?  Can't be worth the Uni paying the lecturer for his time if there's no 'visible' result from it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Lenny said:

I reckon the lecturer is thinking: if you weren't there he could have Monday's off, 

😀

:biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dezwez said:

Still learning though :smile:

That's the same thing my teacher said in the seminar before this 😂. There was like 7 people who came in for that. In that lecture there was only 4 people who came in. 

 

6 hours ago, Lenny said:

I reckon the lecturer is thinking: if you weren't there he could have Monday's off, 

😀

There was still around 4 people who came in 🤣. Its an 1 and half hour lecture and my teacher only took 30 minutes to do as she probably didn't want to waste time. 

 

5 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't even want to know what the stain is on that seat... :unsure:

What's the point of a module without exams out of interest?  Can't be worth the Uni paying the lecturer for his time if there's no 'visible' result from it?

That stain could be coffee someone spilled 🍵🤔? Makes me wonder how some people don't have consideration for property. There was a exam back in December and now just have a group poster assessment which doesn't require coming in to learn extra stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do like seeing that my old MK2 has been MOTd over the weekend.  It was due a month ago so I thought it'd been scrapped! 😮

Failed on two bulbs first though, so guessing it's not owned by an enthusiast now lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2019 at 7:54 AM, WES180 said:

Yeah, we have a fair few dotted around in work and when I have the radio on my phone via wifi it seamlessly switches between them all as I'm walking through.

I'm going to have a little tinker now with the old router and see if I can get it working better. If I can't I will speak to our IT guy who set my works premises system up to see what he recommends. He initially recommended a particular wifi extender that I went and bought but I probably didn't stress how long our bungalow is so it never works properly at the furthest end which happens to be ours and our daughters bedrooms.

Have you also considered moving the aerials if you can, and moving the router up higher?

Have a wireless dongle attached to my NVR - the aerial in the upright position receives 5/5 bars, the aerial in the horizontal position receives 0/5. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I do like seeing that my old MK2 has been MOTd over the weekend.  It was due a month ago so I thought it'd been scrapped! 😮

Failed on two bulbs first though, so guessing it's not owned by an enthusiast now lol.

The lass on the desk at the dealer where I had the brake fluid changed, referred to my car as "mint" after going through the paperwork and health check and "well looked after". I might have had a little smile on my face - I do try! I was not as in depth as this with my previous car!

(If you're on here, hi! 😁)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I do like seeing that my old MK2 has been MOTd over the weekend.  It was due a month ago so I thought it'd been scrapped! 😮

Failed on two bulbs first though, so guessing it's not owned by an enthusiast now lol.

Sometimes they fail bulbs because one is brighter then the other; my LED parking bulbs failed because some of the cluster stopped working in one of them, 

And my mates indicator bulb failed because the amber film coating had flaked off a bit making it not as amber as the opposite side,

Silly things really

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lenny said:

Sometimes they fail bulbs because one is brighter then the other; my LED parking bulbs failed because some of the cluster stopped working in one of them, 

And my mates indicator bulb failed because the amber film coating had flaked off a bit making it not as amber as the opposite side,

Silly things really

Yeah, one of them was an indicator that had lost it's colour, but tbf they were probably original as I'd never changed them and owned the car from 6 years/46k.  The other was a brake bulb inop, but that only lasted a couple of years despite being a decent Phillips branded one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lenny said:

Sometimes they fail bulbs because one is brighter then the other; my LED parking bulbs failed because some of the cluster stopped working in one of them, 

And my mates indicator bulb failed because the amber film coating had flaked off a bit making it not as amber as the opposite side,

Silly things really

Yep, I had an MOT failure due to bulbs being "incorrect colour"  they were still orange but obviously not orange enough 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.