laumk7

Things I Do Like

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, zain611 said:

You must look young for the staff to confirm your age. I remember going tescos to get some fireworks back on bonfire night and the lady asking for ID. Luckily kept my driving licence. Sadly you get stupid kids messing around with them hence the identity checks. 

Fireworks are illegal over here 

Can only buy sparklers or fun snaps 

Seriously 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

By age check I mean at the self check tills that flash the red light to an operator for their interaction.

I feel like a naughty schoolkid standing there waiting for some member of staff who is most likely under 25 having to tell the till I'm over 25 emoji53.png.

Even worse if I'm in uniform and have to stand there like a right plum.

Strangle theres no age check over here for redbull or Monster energy 

But I do think there should be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2019 at 7:47 PM, zain611 said:

I don't think I'm the type of person to give someone anxiety 🤣. But probably be the best person who'd help you out in Gta 👍. However I like to just play in a solo public lobby as its less stressful and rage inducing. 

To be honest though I've had some bad experiences of random friends I had. I once added someone as they had the same name as me. Got along a little, found that he was three years younger than me. Once he said he'll put mods on my account on modern warfare 2 back in the day so gave him my details. He said I was lieing so just left it. A few months later I got a notification saying someone else is using this account and it signed me out. Luckily managed to get my account back by changing my password. Next day after he told me which seemed in a selfish way he was the one who went on my account. Quickly deleted him from my list and left him. One of his school friends I had told me how he'd bully him which shows just how bad that guy is plus having the same culture as someone doesn't mean you trust them. 

I'm not saying you would give me anxiety Zain. Everything and everyone gives me anxiety. This is why I can only play and talk to people who I already know and have known for years. It's hard for me to even call utilities etc when there's been a mistake on a bill. 

As for trust, the good old saying "never trust anyone" is true. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lenny said:

I always thought the sugar tax was mainly aimed at the energy drinks which personally I'm addicted to and have been for over fifteen years now; I used to smoke twenty cigarettes per weekday and forty per weekend day and drink three - four cans of red bull,

theres still something in the monster which my body is craving as two sugar in an Americano Nescafe Azera doesn't comfort.

Sugar tax isn't just aimed at energy drinks, it's aimed at all soft drinks including cola etc.
As for the energy drinks and the craving, it's probably the taurine they add. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fireworks are illegal over here 
Can only buy sparklers or fun snaps 
Seriously 
Well, with all the years you all spent trying to blow each other up I'm surprised they even trust you with matches.

BTW, My Wife Is a Belfast Girl whose father survived a Protestant hit.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nick Y said:

Sugar tax isn't just aimed at energy drinks, it's aimed at all soft drinks including cola etc.
As for the energy drinks and the craving, it's probably the taurine they add. 

What is taurine exactly? I remember people in my secondary school talking about it saying its from bulls you no what..... Juice 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
What is taurine exactly? I remember people in my secondary school talking about it saying its from bulls you no what..... Juice
It's actually extracted from cow bile, not what you think

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taurine

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

It's actually extracted from cow bile, not what you think emoji23.png

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taurine

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
 

Looks like it's synthesised and biosynthesised so might not be extracted. I don't think I'd want something extracted from bile. You know bile is secreted from the liver to the digested food (chyme) which had passed through the stomach so it can aid on digestion of lipids. Would want to think that I'd have something which would be in contact of partially ingested food. Nice revisit also to my degree 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some countries still get their biological enzymes the old way.
The chinese still swear by their bear bile, they use a particularly cruel and nasty way to get it and should burn in a special hell for it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Lenny said:

I always thought the sugar tax was mainly aimed at the energy drinks which personally I'm addicted to and have been for over fifteen years now; I used to smoke twenty cigarettes per weekday and forty per weekend day and drink three - four cans of red bull,

Until my stomach started to spasm/quiver straight after redbull; I'm now drinking two - three cans of Monster energy Rossi yellow per day, I quit cigarettes thirteen years ago and now starting to drink coffee to try quit the monster but theres still something in the monster which my body is craving as two sugar in an Americano Nescafe Azera doesn't comfort.

Anyway im over elaborating on things now as I've just had eight cans of Bulmers or mangers ad you may call it over there ☺️🍻

I don't know why they don't just ban energy drinks as Redbull for example is illegal in France 

Sugar tax is only on drinks at the moment...but I doubt it'll be long before it covers foods as well.  A lot of the major companies are trying to drop sugar in various products already but not enough. 

I have seen a few low sugar things with Chicory Root recently, it's a bit more expensive than sugar but has similar properties so I reckon we'll be seeing more of that.  Sadly it is high FODMAP though so meant to be avoiding it with IBS.  :rolleyes:  

11 hours ago, zain611 said:

You must look young for the staff to confirm your age. I remember going tescos to get some fireworks back on bonfire night and the lady asking for ID. Luckily kept my driving licence. Sadly you get stupid kids messing around with them hence the identity checks. 

I must look really old now...had a young lad come up to me in the park the other day (admittedly I was sat on a park bench, looking like a homeless person lol).  He referred to me as 'Sir' and kindly asked if I'd buy him some baccy…  😮  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@TomsFocus you should try this vimto drink out. It's cheap too. The family mainly drink this and its probably the only drink I have now. Best thing is there's hardly any sugar in it plus you have to dilute it meaning your having water also. I tried the original vimto flavour recently and it doesn't task as great as before since I tried this flavour. Screenshot_20190729-104404.thumb.png.729682b324d557d5dd050efaea23aea2.png

 

Lol once in hospital a boy called me sir and asked me to help his mum. Think I did feel old 😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, zain611 said:

@TomsFocus

Lol once in hospital a boy called me sir and asked me to help his mum. Think I did feel old 😅

I've noticed on a lot of American TV programs the use of the word 'sir' a lot. Especially in the case of ex-servicemen and onduty police officers. Sounds respectful but not used here so much unfortunately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, zain611 said:

@TomsFocus you should try this vimto drink out. It's cheap too. The family mainly drink this and its probably the only drink I have now. Best thing is there's hardly any sugar in it plus you have to dilute it meaning your having water also. I tried the original vimto flavour recently and it doesn't task as great as before since I tried this flavour. Screenshot_20190729-104404.thumb.png.729682b324d557d5dd050efaea23aea2.png

I don't have any flavoured drinks, just water, so I'm not getting any sugar there at all. :smile: 

It's 'healthy' food that's the main issue for me.  Just taking today as an example, there was about 20g in a bowl of granola this morning (not even a fruit one! 😮 ), plus 8g in a fat free 'no added sugar' yogurt.  Another 12g in a couple of Go Ahead biscuits with lunch.  20g in one serving of Pomelo (grapefruit) for this afternoons snack and another 20g in a weight watchers Torte for dessert this evening.  That's 80g of sugar without eating anything particularly unhealthy. :sad:   I know most of it is natural sugar but it's all sugar at the end of the day. :unsure: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do like receiving a custom printed dog collar tag today from faireenvie.etsy.com 

https://www.etsy.com/shop/faireenvie/ 

Ordered last Friday and arrived today 

iMarkup_20190730_090847.thumb.jpg.3c35809fd349d64ba95669b96c4d5d22.jpg

iMarkup_20190730_090744.thumb.jpg.32dcd5d304511cf81426f5894efd996d.jpg

I found some strange dog collar tags aswell as some funny ones when searching for this; some designed for role play ***** which wouldn't be suitable for the poor dog atall 😂 sort of threw me a bit when I first read them; thinking how would that suit the poor dog 😂 "daddys little *****" or "***** Lover" it's a messed up world.

Others were liverpool fans saying this dog never walks alone 🤣 

Anyways; I put a Reward of €400 on ours because there are places which will pay €100 to rehome any dog you provide them, as result there are people stealing dogs to cash in, 

Our dog Liam cost me €350 plus the chip €400 hes in a 12 foot walled back garden or always on the lead but we do forest walks on sundays and incase he gets loose or stolen from the garden

I wanted to have the best assurance that someone would rather return him for the reward rather than any other purpose because although hes only ten weeks old now; hes become part of the family.

20190730_093721.thumb.jpg.f1ab0a1836bcc7019402a01d468c55c6.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do like going karting yesterday for the first time.

 

It was pretty expensive, £100 for me and our 2 boys, but was an absolute hoot!

 

It's an inside track and yesterday was very hot! Add in a protective suit, balaclava and helmet and a cooked breakfast and I was very nearly at a point where I needed to stop 🤮

 

The bonus with this particular venue is that all the profits go to a charity 👍

http://www.day1.uk.com/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Lenny, you must be single handedly keeping your postman in business! :laugh: 

Arrives on a bicycle and we live up a few hills, 

Rings bell,

Hand me the package 

Says "had I a package for you yesterday?" 

I said "yes thanks"

He always does that 😂 once he asked me had I ever been to the shops down the town 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I do like going karting yesterday for the first time.

 

It was pretty expensive, £100 for me and our 2 boys, but was an absolute hoot!

 

It's an inside track and yesterday was very hot! Add in a protective suit, balaclava and helmet and a cooked breakfast and I was very nearly at a point where I needed to stop 🤮

 

The bonus with this particular venue is that all the profits go to a charity 👍

http://www.day1.uk.com/

Go karting is really fun but be careful not to push yourself too much. I went to one in Turkey for an hour for the first time a few years back and after 45 mins pushing myself to the max I stopped and couldn't go much more as I was feeling sick. I went to the same place last year and didn't push myself then. Was fun as my dad couldn't catch up to me. Looks like gran turismo helped me know the racing line 😂

What also made it worse is the smell of sweat on my head because of the helmet I don't think they bother to clean 🤢

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darren-mk8 said:

Things i do like. These new limited edition Fiesta ST's. 

I'm normally into subtle colours but am finding myself strangely drawn to this and the Orange Fury on the new Focus ST! Was trying to see where they get the £4k over the ST-3 - about £2600 for the performance pack, top spec B&O and led lights - I guess the rest must be for the special wheels, suspension and paint?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darren-mk8 said:

Things i do like. These new limited edition Fiesta ST's. Seen a few coming in lately. 

IMG_2095.JPG

Dyno-Rod Edition 

So low it's in the drain edition 

😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, zain611 said:

Go karting is really fun but be careful not to push yourself too much. I went to one in Turkey for an hour for the first time a few years back and after 45 mins pushing myself to the max I stopped and couldn't go much more as I was feeling sick. I went to the same place last year and didn't push myself then. Was fun as my dad couldn't catch up to me. Looks like gran turismo helped me know the racing line 😂

What also made it worse is the smell of sweat on my head because of the helmet I don't think they bother to clean 🤢

The package we went for included a 10 lap qualification round followed by a 25? lap race. By about lap 20 I was feeling a bit 🤮 but soldiered on for the win! 

 

You have to buy a balaclava so at least it's quite clean. 

 

Crazy golf today was a bit tamer...... and cheaper 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Turvey said:

I do like going karting yesterday for the first time.

We used to organise "friendly" inter-departmental karting events to "build team spirit" - it always ended up like a scene from Max Max!😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

We used to organise "friendly" inter-departmental karting events to "build team spirit" - it always ended up like a scene from Max Max!😀

Some say those Mad Max days are actually going to be coming 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.