Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Switching Stereo

W69 Fiesta

Hey guys i recently bought a ford fiesta 2013 St-2 Stereo and was wondering if it would fit in my 2010 TDCI fiesta?

post-60190-0-67001600-1424962071_thumb.j

Very unlikely. You'll probably have the old style connector on your 2010 Fiesta (not the 24 pin standard). Also if the connectors are the same it's very unlikely it will work in your car anyway: bluetooth, sync and AUX are all different on the facelift fiesta.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

I just tried this on mine and i also have the 2010 version with bluetooth, usb steering controls etc... The sony dab are entirely different connectors still. Unless someone comes out with a converter for this, it is very unlikely to be able to upgrade to dab without splitting cables and converting them yourself. I'm not sure which model switched to the newer connections was it 2011? See plenty of fiesta titanium 2011 versions with the sony dab.

My car was made in 2010 but was purchased in feb 2011. if i had waited one more month i might of possibly got dab. :( Though when i called in July or august of 2011 it sounded like they would sell me it for like 360pounds. Would it of worked with my connections? Have no idea. Where they talked out their butt? not sure either.

They swapped the connectors when the face lift came out, 2012<. Ford can easily source the pre-facelift dab unit. It just so happens you got the wrong year :(

Because I'm nice though, I'll take it off your hands so it doesn't cause you any stress :P

• Like 1

There are several types of connectors depending on the year of the car. The easiest to retrofit is a post 2012 into a pre 2012 (car twin plug - stereo 24 pin single plug). You can make an adaptor out of parrot leads to bridge the gap.

No one has yet to do the facelift/pre facelift swap as you have satnav and DAB in the mix but I'm sure someone will rise to the challenge!

IMG_39371_zps9db9ee9a.jpg

They swapped the connectors when the face lift came out, 2012<. Ford can easily source the pre-facelift dab unit. It just so happens you got the wrong year :(

Because I'm nice though, I'll take it off your hands so it doesn't cause you any stress :P

i had a feeling there would be a version that would fit into my car but it looks like I'd be better waiting for a Sony dab 2011 model to pop up on eBay. I sent my 2013 model back to the original owner on eBay.

• Like 1

weirdly the front panel did fit into my fiesta but running off the the old main board and the hazards and locking system seem to work but it is still impossible to find out if it all works until i have the screen put in. But i would still like to change the motherboard over going to look into find if there is any ways of switching the cables around and creating a adapter.

Remember that you'll need the aerial for it to actually work the DAB.

It should all fit in as the dash hasn't been changed in the face lift. Weird that some features work without a modified loom though.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club