Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Dash Cam (Which One)

jace1969

I know there has been a few threads on here about fitting dash cam but what do people use.

I have looked at cheap ones that do the job and have a cheap one but what others do we use

and how good are they in light and dark.

Looked at the

Blackvue DR500GW-HD but a lot of money and what model ???

Also the 0801/0803/0805/0806 Range think there made by e-prance.

Smaller the better as you can hide it and with or without screen so easy to line up and set up.

Cobra 820e is a good one, fairly small and is good at night and day. Eprance are a lucky dip, some are brilliant, others are pants. Luck of the draw really.

Sent from my Gen 1 WAP phone

I'd recommend a Mobius if it's your first dashcam, cheap with very good video quality, and smaller than other good dahscams as far as I know. I don't see the need for a screen really, it just makes the camera more bulky and expensive.

Edit: It does struggle a bit on unlit roads, but that being the only flaw I can think of on a ~£40 camera, can't really complain about that.

• Like 1

The only thing i would look at screen for is to line it up in the car but i had mine for nothing

as its got a fault so they said no need to send back and full refund,its that cheap thing with flip screen.

Works fine but night is just no good.

You look at reviews on YouTube and google, one says good then another says not about

all sorts of cams so this is one reason why i thought i would start this thread.

This one is very highly regarded.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/E-PRANCE-DashBoard-Novatek-NT96650-G-sensor-DVR/dp/B00HVWA1XQ

I bought another dashcam before I heard of this one, fom E-Prance via Amazon UK, no problem at all.

The only thing with cams like this one on your link is it's big,my own opinion as i want to tuck it away behind the mirror.

I looked at amazon at the E-prance,the 0806 as its the new one out if and when i upgrade which will be soon.

Hi,, im with Phil and go for the Mobius,, i looked at a few when i was getting one and settled on the Mobius for a few reasons,,

firstly its size and build quality for its size, also full 1080p HD and its not too bad on a night,, not by far the best but ok for the price.

secondly i didnt want a screen as i would be distracted and it would make it bigger and also make it look like a satnav,,, idiots smashing your window thinking their stealing a satnav.

Thirdly i knew i was going to hardwire the cam in and the Mobius came with a hardwire kit and super capasitor for extra £15.

So with those good points and few bad points this is what i have,,, which is very near what i was thinking when i started looking.

good luck.

dash%20cam%20mount%204_zpsqleawkxb.jpg

dash%20cam%20mount%203_zps7tpomytb.jpg

Hi,, im with Phil and go for the Mobius,, i looked at a few when i was getting one and settled on the Mobius for a few reasons,,

firstly its size and build quality for its size, also full 1080p HD and its not too bad on a night,, not by far the best but ok for the price.

secondly i didnt want a screen as i would be distracted and it would make it bigger and also make it look like a satnav,,, idiots smashing your window thinking their stealing a satnav.

Thirdly i knew i was going to hardwire the cam in and the Mobius came with a hardwire kit and super capasitor for extra £15.

So with those good points and few bad points this is what i have,,, which is very near what i was thinking when i started looking.

good luck.

dash%20cam%20mount%204_zpsqleawkxb.jpg

dash%20cam%20mount%203_zps7tpomytb.jpg

Thats good how you done that,is there a place where you can get the full kit (camera.long usb lead,cigi adapter) dont need hardwire as i have done a cigi lighter the same way.

Did look at this one and looks dam good,very close on getting it from amazon,good reviews.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311187606329?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

hi,,, i got mine from this site,, there the sort of unoficial uk mobius traders,,

the hardwire kit is at the bottom of the link and they also sell the super capasitor,, i did not use the cig lighter power point as its always on so the camera will be always on too.

I used a piggyback fuse like the second link and used the ignition fuse to piggyback from,,, (well the garage did as it was way too cold for me to do it, lol) you need to be careful which fuse you piggyback as some are in standbuy when the car is turned off

I did see the one in your link but discounted it as its got a screen and its bigger than the mobius,,, my criteria were small in size to hide better and no screen in case it induced an attempted theft when some tool thought it was a satnav.

http://www.carcamerashop.co.uk/mobius-action-camera-dash-cam-version.html

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/171556424975?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=108&chn=ps&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108

then for the mount i used black plastic packers, super glue to stick 3 together to give the angle needed and sticky back velcro to mount it all, camera as well.

good luck.

hi,,, i got mine from this site,, there the sort of unoficial uk mobius traders,,

the hardwire kit is at the bottom of the link and they also sell the super capasitor,, i did not use the cig lighter power point as its always on so the camera will be always on too.

I used a piggyback fuse like the second link and used the ignition fuse to piggyback from,,, (well the garage did as it was way too cold for me to do it, lol) you need to be careful which fuse you piggyback as some are in standbuy when the car is turned off

I did see the one in your link but discounted it as its got a screen and its bigger than the mobius,,, my criteria were small in size to hide better and no screen in case it induced an attempted theft when some tool thought it was a satnav.

http://www.carcamerashop.co.uk/mobius-action-camera-dash-cam-version.html

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/171556424975?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=108&chn=ps&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0-L&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108

then for the mount i used black plastic packers, super glue to stick 3 together to give the angle needed and sticky back velcro to mount it all, camera as well.

good luck.

Hi,i have done the piggyback thing with a cigi lighter off ignition,it's on a thread on here with pics.

I do see your point with the size and hiding it as much as poss as this is what i want to do.

I wan't a bit of both,the size of it and the option to set it up all in one go in the car and not keep moving

it or taking laptop into car to set up but with all the quality and the one in my link is bigger but not a lot.

hi,,, i get you on the cig lighter, nice one.

as regarding set up of the camera, you take the camera to the pc and put your settings in on that or fine tuen to your liking as its preset for you from the site i linked, its preset with on at 1080 and the second setting with 720 and you can then alternate between which HD setting you want.

There is also no problem with taking the camera off the mount and then having to realign every time you lut it vack on,,, the mount is aligned and you just shove the camera back on the velcro and its back in the same place.

here is a tutorial for its settings and how to work it.

good luck.

I will be replacing my cams with Mobius later this year. Its the next logical step - I love my dashcam (or I did until it stopped loop recording) its served me well, but these days I find I dont need the screen as I watch it all back on the laptop. So I will be going for the Mobius discretion!

• Like 1

I have just got one like this on the way

I only want the screen to help me set it up as will never look at it.

Also its so well hidden as camera lense moves and it fits flat so you don't have to angle the camera.

Very good review and i will wait and see,didn't get it from eBay (this link below) off amazon as £20 cheaper.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311187606329?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club