Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Advice On Hids For St3

CREED

So I'm looking at upgrading my dipped beam bulbs to HIDs and I wanted to know what people recommend I do. I definitely want to get 35W ones rather 55W for the heat etc. From what I've seen on here you seem to be able to get away with fitting HIDs to the stock projector headlamps and get a clear cut off line so as not to dazzle other drivers, anyone had any experience of this?

I wanted to know what colour I should get to match the LEDs in my headlamps, I like the idea of an OEM style look so maybe 5000k but I would prefer 6000k if they would look right compared to the DRLs? Also can anyone recommend main beam bulbs which would match either of these colours?

As for alignment, will I be able to adjust them correctly using the switch in the car and the screw on the back of the headlamps? Again, I don't want to dazzle everyone.

Finally I was going to get them from HIDs4U, link below, the kit is £95 so I will get that unless someone knows of somewhere better to get a decent quality kit?

http://www.hids4u.co.uk/h7-35w-ultimate-xenon-hid-conversion-kit.html

I've been using these for 2 years now with no problems.

H7 35w Slim Canbus Terminator HID Xenon Conversion Kit - HIDS DIRECT LTD Store

http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/h7-35w-slim-canbus-terminator-hid-xenon-conversion-kit/

I'd recommend the 4300k bulbs for the factory look and avoid any police attention ;)

20140130_184812_zps5od6vf6_edit_13912190

I've been using these for 2 years now with no problems.

H7 35w Slim Canbus Terminator HID Xenon Conversion Kit - HIDS DIRECT LTD Store

http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/h7-35w-slim-canbus-terminator-hid-xenon-conversion-kit/

I'd recommend the 4300k bulbs for the factory look and avoid any police attention ;)

How warm do the ballasts get?

Ah right that interesting Willy. I was thinking that I might go for a whiter colour but maybe 4300K is the way to go. Hows the match with the LEDs? and do you a have a picture of them shining on something, just so I can see the light bleed?

Ah yeh that's great, the cut off is better than I expected and they look pretty white considering they're the 4300k ones. Looks good mate :)

Edit: Also just noticed that my headlamps are slightly different to yours, they don't have the sidelight bulb, weird, I'd not noticed that before.

post-60600-0-03381200-1425073179_thumb.j

I had some HIDs from there with canbus but had problems when they were installed, they cut out after running for 20 seconds.. Not sure why?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

If you want OEM look you will have to go 4300k so they match the DRL's best. I have 6000k and they give a good bright light but looking head on they are a slightly blue colour and are definitely different to the DRL's which look yellow in comparison. You should go 35w, I tried 55w and they just flickered and then cut out, and get canbus and terminator type if you can. HID's direct are who I used paid about £55 for mine.

post-38083-0-56837900-1425161796_thumb.j

Sorry picture doesn't really show the colour very well.

I'm torn between matching the LEDs and having a nice crisp colour. Does anyone have 5000k ones? Thinking they might be the best of both worlds. Also have either of you had any issues with law over having the non OEM looking 6000k ones?

I think I'm looking at the same ones as you have Phil, 35W, w/ canbus and terminator: http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/h7-canbus-terminator-hid-xenon-conversion-kit-dipped-beam/

Yeh they look pretty much same as mine. No problems with police at all just make sure you align them so they don't dazzle then you should be ok

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

I'm torn between matching the LEDs and having a nice crisp colour. Does anyone have 5000k ones? Thinking they might be the best of both worlds. Also have either of you had any issues with law over having the non OEM looking 6000k ones?

I think I'm looking at the same ones as you have Phil, 35W, w/ canbus and terminator: http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/h7-canbus-terminator-hid-xenon-conversion-kit-dipped-beam/

I had 6k in the mk6 and never got pulled. But they were definitely slightly blue . I switched to 5k and they seemed alot brighter in comparison

So I'm looking at upgrading my dipped beam bulbs to HIDs and I wanted to know what people recommend I do. I definitely want to get 35W ones rather 55W for the heat etc. From what I've seen on here you seem to be able to get away with fitting HIDs to the stock projector headlamps and get a clear cut off line so as not to dazzle other drivers, anyone had any experience of this?

I wanted to know what colour I should get to match the LEDs in my headlamps, I like the idea of an OEM style look so maybe 5000k but I would prefer 6000k if they would look right compared to the DRLs? Also can anyone recommend main beam bulbs which would match either of these colours?

As for alignment, will I be able to adjust them correctly using the switch in the car and the screw on the back of the headlamps? Again, I don't want to dazzle everyone.

Finally I was going to get them from HIDs4U, link below, the kit is £95 so I will get that unless someone knows of somewhere better to get a decent quality kit?

http://www.hids4u.co.uk/h7-35w-ultimate-xenon-hid-conversion-kit.html

Save yourself a pretty penny fella --> http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-12v-DC-35w-Xenon-HID-kit-H1-H3-H7-H9-H11-H13-HID-KIT/1885354227.html

have you got these ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Yes, currently installed on the Fiesta - 6000K

Sorry for butting in. L22EEW, how long did it take from ordering to arrive at your door?

How long have you had them in, any problems while having them in?

Sorry for butting in. L22EEW, how long did it take from ordering to arrive at your door?

How long have you had them in, any problems while having them in?

They arrived within 10 days (tracking number included). First of all I did order a 8000K kit, but after a few days of having them in... I thought they were too blue. So I ordered the 6000K kit (from same seller) and downgraded to 6000K. I have spare 8000K H7 HID bulbs if anyone's interested? :rolleyes:

(installation)

These other websites that people have mentioned, I would avoid. As they are exactly the same products, but being sold at a much, much higher price. I paid approx. £12 for my kit, yet these HID websites are selling for £95! Daylight robbery IMO :blink:

They arrived within 10 days (tracking number included). First of all I did order a 8000K kit, but after a few days of having them in... I thought they were too blue. So I ordered the 6000K kit (from same seller) and downgraded to 6000K. I have spare 8000K H7 HID bulbs if anyone's interested? :rolleyes:

(installation)

These other websites that people have mentioned, I would avoid. As they are exactly the same products, but being sold at a much, much higher price. I paid approx. £12 for my kit, yet these HID websites are selling for £95! Daylight robbery IMO :blink:

Nice one, cheers :D I've always been sceptical about the ballasts as they are all doing the same thing. But I'm sure the bulbs are a factor due to the filament within them. Gonna order them just now then :D if I was getting 8k I would have took yours off your hands, suppose, that's spare ballasts though.

Nice one, cheers :D I've always been sceptical about the ballasts as they are all doing the same thing. But I'm sure the bulbs are a factor due to the filament within them. Gonna order them just now then :D if I was getting 8k I would have took yours off your hands, suppose, that's spare ballasts though.

Keep us posted! :D

I had been sceptical of the HIDs on aliexpress because they seem too good to be true at that price. Seeing as a couple of you have tried them and are happy I will too. For the sake of £12 it will be an interesting experiment and if they go, I will get some better quality ones.

Out of interest is there anyone on here who has had some cheap HIDs fitted for a long time? I'd like to know how well these low cost alternatives last.

Edit: Also just noticed that my headlamps are slightly different to yours, they don't have the sidelight bulb, weird, I'd not noticed that before.

attachicon.gifSAM_1866 - Copy.JPG

Headlights look the same to me James

I must admit, I wasn't going to bother with HIDs, but seeing that they are available for under £12, I have bought some! They are the same price I paid for my Osram Nightbreakers, so I figure when the bulbs go on those, I'll replace with the HID. Or I might donate the better headlights to the parents' Focus C-Max, as the dipped beam on that is really quite dingy!

Thanks for the heads up on them and I'll report back with how well I get on!

• Like 1

Headlights look the same to me James

I couldn't see a sidelight bulb in the bottom corner Willy like on yours, maybe I missed it haha

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club