Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alarm Service And Random Wire

mrpault

hi i have just purchased a mondeo estate mk4 2007

i have a message come on the screen when i turn the ignition on that says: alarm system service required, i have read numerous articles but with no luck. I followed the instructions to reset it and found that the lights flashed but with no actual alarm sound and the message still appearing afterwards. i then went and checked the RB2 – Anti-theft alarm horn relay in the rear fuse box but i didnt actually have that set of fuses in there. i then went and checked the battery backup sounder(alarm system),obd II (board computer diagnostics), in the central fuse box, the fuse was fine.

i also found these two pictures

file:///C:/Users/User/Downloads/anti-theft.pdf

file:///C:/Users/User/Downloads/anti-theft-integral-battery.pdf

but am not sure which one i should be looking for and if a replacement part can be found after no luck on eBay.

i dont really want to take it to ford and pay there prices if i can do it myself so any help would be greatful

i also found this wire in the passenger footwell that i have no idea where it has come from and even if it should be left like that

many thanks

Paul

post-63352-0-81449300-1425063242_thumb.j

post-63352-0-75353400-1425063245_thumb.j

Could be either ultra sonics playing up or more likley the battery back up siren faulty due to water ingress, could do with a code reader to see what dtc are stored

if it is the battery pack which i assume is number 5 on this drawing file:///C:/Users/User/Downloads/anti-theft.pdf do you no where i could get one

oh aha yes!! lol

yes number 5

theres 2 types, with or without tilt sensor

would recommend someone with a gem module code reader to check for dtcs, may narrow down whats at fault, normally if its the alarm sounder then you get a lin bus error code

I had that error on my car after I tinkered with it and set an extra alarm setting that didn't work.... I reset it and it was all fine, but if that's not the error then yeah the battery backed is the usual culprit.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club