Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear-Facing Dashcam?

Phil 87

I have a spare Mobius and want to set it up as a rear-facing dashcam, so thought I'd ask if any of you have set up something similar, how did you mount the camera and wire it in? I've tried doing it the lazy way which was to just velcro it to the parcel shelf, but that didn't work very well because part of the view was blocked so it could only see the top half of cars behind. I was thinking if I can get a second hand parcel shelf maybe I could drill a hole in it as set up a proper mount.

I have a spare Mobius and want to set it up as a rear-facing dashcam, so thought I'd ask if any of you have set up something similar, how did you mount the camera and wire it in? I've tried doing it the lazy way which was to just velcro it to the parcel shelf, but that didn't work very well because part of the view was blocked so it could only see the top half of cars behind. I was thinking if I can get a second hand parcel shelf maybe I could drill a hole in it as set up a proper mount.

Sell it me lol :)

• Like 1

hi Phil,,, was considering one myself for my Focus,,, there is a fuse box in the rear of the Focus,, check if you have the same on a Fiesta and then i was going to use the same hardwire kit, super capasitor and fuse piggy back to hardwire.

I was also considering knocking up some sort of quick release mount at the top of the rear window some how,,, maybe a plastic and velcro job again or a folded bit of 5mm stainless and magnets on the cam etc.

I suppose you could also use some sort of cam mount with sticky or velcro and hang it down from the underside of the headliner and get it close to the glass as possible so its not picking up the roof in shot as well, i have tinted windows so am not worried about hiding it like my front one as you will not see it.

something like this,,, its a mobius cam and a Ford,,, dont know which Ford but you get the gist. :)

mobius-rear_zpsndmxlcuw.jpg

• Like 1

That looks like a good idea Ian, and hopefully there's a fuse box in the back of the Fiesta too, if not I'll probably route the cable to the front 12V adapter or add another piggyback to the front fuse box.

I think I'd prefer it mounted low down so I have a clear view through the mirror, but I just need to figure out a good way to attach a camera mount to the parcel shelf. I also have rear tinted windows so there's no chance of anyone seeing the camera.

you could make a folded z shaped bit of stainless Phil,, this can either be fastened with velcro, double sided sticky tabs,, glued or even drilled and bolts used i suppose but that will leave holes in the parcel shelf.

I say folded stainless steel as its still light, clean and can be sprayed black,, plus its easy to get a few bits made up for little money at any fabricators,,,,

just a thought. :)

• Like 1

I'll have a look at some different camera mounts and see if there's one I could just stick on. It'll still probably ruin the parcel shelf so might find out what a spare one would sell for at a breakers yard, then I can keep the original for when I come to sell the car.

Edit: Does anyone know if the Fiesta has a rear fusebox which I can wire the dashcam into?

"Does anyone know if the Fiesta has a rear fusebox which I can wire the dashcam into?"

looks like yours only has 2 fuse boxes,,, one in the engine compartment the other in the passanger compartment which is located behind the glove box.

here is the link to a pdf owners manual for your car. 2013-2014

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/pubs/content/~WOEFCN/~MGB~LEN/pdf/EN_GB14FCNog1e.pdf

• Like 1

Cheers for confirming that Ian, looks like I'll have to find a clever way to route the cable to the front fuse box. But I'll sort out a way to mount the camera first.

couldnt you splice a live feed from the rear wiper ?

couldnt you splice a live feed from the rear wiper ?

That sounds like a good idea, and if I had any electrical knowhow at all that's probably what I'd do lol.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club