Do Not Sell My Personal Information

C-Max Passenger Door Handle

davis_xi

Hi

Just wondering if anyone would be able to help? Our passenger door handle has broken which means it can only be opened from the inside. I've checked on various sites and I've managed to work out how to remove the handle but I can't see how it should attach? Not sure if parts missing?

Thanks

same as removing handle but in reverse, sometimes the lever behind the handle doesnt fit to the handle properly so a a looped piece of thin electrical cable to pull on the lever as you fit handle helps, and put the pivoting point of handle in first at an angle then slide forwards.

Thanks for the reply. Problem is I can't see how the mechanism works. I tried shutting the door without the handle in and then pulled and twisted the various parts that were visible but nothing would open it? Did think that if I took the drivers side handle off I could probably see if anything is missing but frightend of messing that side up as well. When I took the door card off I did find a small piece of plastic and a spring?

Would anyone have a photo or diagram of the inside mechanism?

Thanks

I will see what I can get for you from the Haynes manual later..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Still having trouble. Haynes manual was a waste of time. I've found the problem. The whole mechanism has come apart inside so it looks like it might be easier to replace the whole thing. All I need to work out now is how to get to the inside of the door handle without losing anymore skin from the back of my hand?

Wear a gauntlet, though I'm not sure that will help with dexterity...

Not necessarily as you still have the wiring to transfer over. A donor door is worth it depending on cost but otherwise it's not more simple...

After some extensive research I have worked out that the cable that fits to the outside door handle has either snapped or come away.

Been there done that.... On my max, the metal rod end of the cable that attached to the inside handle had sheared off, this left a loose cable dangling... Its a pain in the backside to do though but there is a very extensive list of things you can do but without things like rivet guns and a lot of patience and time its not going to be easy. You have to basically fish the line in through tight circumstances....

Do you mind me asking if the cable runs straight through spring like a bike cable? You mentioned a metal rod - is this part of the cable or a separate part?

Thanks for all your help!!!

post-63412-0-39614100-1426450829_thumb.j

Doesn't seem to be no.

The bit I had issues with has the end that goes deep into the door and latches onto the lock itself (perhaps that's the other end of it?) but the bit I refer to actually goes up to the door handle itself inside that you pull back to open. As you pull back, the handle pulls on this metal cylinder, which pulls the cable opening the door. However the metal cylinder sheared off the rest of the cable and so didn't pull the cable opening the door.

I don't know if I have any pictures perhaps a scavenge through my photo bucket account will reveal it...

• Like 1

OK, so the cable I refer to is this one:

http://vid1348.photobucket.com/albums/p738/Jeebowhite/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-02/VID_20140217_131049_zps1oz42db2.mp4

The part in question is the long black part that goes all the way across the door, and has a big sponge like thing wrapped around it on the right hand side :p

Will try sort that later

A few more layers of skin missing but almost there. I've found the end of the cable. Realise now that the cable doesn't pass all the way through it just connects to the top. The problem now is access. There's no way of accessing the handle without disconnecting the window motor. Another try tomorrow night!!!

Rivets drilled out, electric window motor removed, glass out, cable connected! Happy days :)

Afraid not. Screwdriver in each hand and tourch in mouth. Thinking of maybe moving into gynaecology after this! If anyone needs any help I would be more than happy to help them out explaing what I did.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club