Do Not Sell My Personal Information

12V Supply Loss

Crashwell

Hi all,

Long story short I had to remove the 7.5 amp fuse from the passenger footwell in order to get a friends car to start (crossed the polarity on his battery and blew his protection fuse)

anyhow ive since replaced it and ive not got anything on the head unit or the 12v lighter socket.

any ideas as to where the actual feed is fed from or what im missing?

thanks in advance

p.s. 09 reg Ford Focus Mk2

Firstly - fuses are rated in Amps - sorry, pet hate of mine.

Have you checked all of the associated fuses? The 12v plugs are prone to popping.

It is possible that the fuses look fine but have still blown. A known working fuse can be used - or use a continuity tester

Firstly - fuses are rated in Amps - sorry, pet hate of mine.

Have you checked all of the associated fuses? The 12v plugs are prone to popping.

It is possible that the fuses look fine but have still blown. A known working fuse can be used - or use a continuity tester

whoops my bad typed whilst answering 40 questions from a 2yr old.

slightly embarrassing as im actually an electrican :iim:

yep ive checked the fuse and it is indeed a new one. I was kind of hoping that there would be another main fuse perhaps.

im reluctant to start thinking its the 12v plug as the head unit isn't working.

In the manual the fuse I "borrowed" controlled the radio and Aux stick controller (on the Steering Column).

Stumped and itll be quite a long process to pull each fuse to test that way

• Like 1

Ah - that's brilliant - Electrician :D

(It's ok, I accept the 2yr old excuse - my Niece and Nephew are just as bad...but cute enough to get away with it, and I can hand them back to my sister once I've got them all excited and bouncing off the walls lol)

Was kind of hoping there would be another fuse protecting the whole lot somewhere that I had missed,,, no drawings is frustrating

If you look at my posts on a PC I have a guides link there.

Via the link I have a guide to the layout of the MK2 & MK2.5 Focus fuse boards that may be of assistance to you.

You haven't accidentally put a fuse back in the wrong slot have you?

It's easily done (guilty :d )

I'll have a gander at work. I'll have another look as it is in deed possible

Right I've just checked both fuses and there fine. I blew the 20a fuse trying to remove a piece of sweet wrapper from the 12v port however I heard it blow so that can't have been the fault.

I spotted on another forum that there might be the constant 12v feed from a fuse in the engine bay? Any idea which one that is?

Mk2 ford Focus 09

Right I've just checked both fuses (108 & 109) and there fine. I blew the 20a fuse trying to remove a piece of sweet wrapper from the 12v port however I heard it blow so that can't have been the fault.

I spotted on another forum that there might be the constant 12v feed from a fuse in the engine bay? Any idea which one that is?

Mk2 ford Focus 09

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club