Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Problem Starting!

All depends on the garage and how long is a length of string... best thing is to get your garage to look at it and come up with a quote for you... I wouldn't have though it would be silly money... not thousands more like hundreds.

hahaha same luck as mine... my belt on my volvo had been done 3 months prior to it going... luckily the garage that done it suffered all the cost.

£998 haha, wiah me luck guys!

Sadly the garage thats done my cambelt which ive never had problems with is a friend of mine, fully insured of course but still... oh dear, taking it to a well know garage where I live to see whats going to happen

Unfortunately Gentlemen you are all correct, my Cam-belt went and a valve has been bent, not sure on the phone Valves yet but their having a look at the moment. I've spoken to Euro Car Parts about the warranty and they've said that once Dayco have the part back and inspected it and confirmed if it was a faulty part or not then they'd pay for the Repairs and Labour of the vehicle......lets hope my car isn't a complete Write Off!!!

Thanks.

Update. The garage have said the Crank Shaft Pully Bolt wasnt on tight enough and caused the cambelt to snap. Spoke to my friend who did it (qualified mechanic) and hes having none of it. He says as the cambelt was done in may last year it would have come off a long time ago. So im at a stand still on whos to blame and should pay for my £890 bill...16 valves need to be replaced too

ouch! i had a feeling that all 16valves would have gone :(

Update. The garage have said the Crank Shaft Pully Bolt wasnt on tight enough and caused the cambelt to snap. Spoke to my friend who did it (qualified mechanic) and hes having none of it. He says as the cambelt was done in may last year it would have come off a long time ago. So im at a stand still on whos to blame and should pay for my £890 bill...16 valves need to be replaced too

Yep! Im gutted and angry at the same time. Not going to have a car for a week now whilst its being repaired. Ive got a very good local garage to do the work!

Ill be a ford focus owner again soon!!!

Joys of motoring sadly.... it's a real kick in the nuts when that happens... hopefully you will be up and running again soon.

Yep! Im gutted and angry at the same time. Not going to have a car for a week now whilst its being repaired. Ive got a very good local garage to do the work!

Ill be a ford focus owner again soon!!!

Was it a new bolt ford fit a new bolt when doing the belt as its a stretch bolt so if it came loose then he's to blame doesn't matter how long ago it was done if it was a new bolt at the correct torque it wouldn't have come loose....this is why only ford do my belts as they are guaranteed

If you're mate did the belt and not a full kit then the tensioner may have seized if it was a full kit a new bolt should have been used

By the sounds of things that noise you had checked out could of been the bolt working loose caseing the pully to wobble and Chaffee on the casing hence why the noise was not detected .

As you asked the garage to check it and the squeal, they obviously tightened it or approved it was safe to run. I think you'd have a good claim against them

I would have guessed the bolts we're with the kit? the Kit link is here:

http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Ford_Focus_1.6_2008/p/car-parts/car-service-parts/major-service/timing-belt-kits/?348778516&1&b06001b82804e457169c3af569f75d06e0276706&000332

From what the garage repairing my Focus have said, is that the bolt came loose and wasn't tight enough, but i'll still ask them to keep the parts.

My car will hopefully be back to my by end of next week (i hope), i can't wait to drive it again! And im sure it'll feel a lot nice to drive if the new Cambelt that's being put on is correctly done...which this garage, i know it will be!

Bit of an update guys, garage just called and said there is abit of damage to the Crankshaft. So theyve ordered a new guide and pully from Ford to see if it holds, if it doesnt...this is because the crankshaft was wobbling and would require I completely new engine....

Oooops wouldn't like to see the bill for this lot I feel gutted for yer just saved the neighbours grandsons car from the scrappy due to garage high quote put him another engine in for less than half the price of having the head gasket done .

Well....I wont go for a new engine... id make a claim to the Garage that didnt do the right job. But IF my car is fine...then ill still try and make a claim for the costs of repair to my car

Looks like I will get my car back, the garage has never seen something like this before.

As the wheel for the cambelt was loose its wobbled and worn down the crankshaft where the pully part sits. Apparently you have to hammer the crankshaft on...but mine you can slide off!

The garage is going to try and use Industrial Glue to hold the parts in place and tighten the pully bolts as much as possible....so here hoping!

post-44800-142616866191_thumb.jpg

Sorry about that, very useful post lol. I was reading the thread and I must've put the phone back in my pocket without locking it.

If I was you I'd get the faulty parts and a report by the garage who repaired it and then take action with who ever replaced the part. If they've done their job wrong it's their responsibility.

If they used a faulty part then take it up with who ever supplied the part.

Ultimately you are out of pocket and you have paid money in good faith to have a proper job done. Somewhere along the line something or someone is wrong.

As my grandad use to say there is nothing wrong with your money boy so there shouldn't be anything wrong with what you bought be it goods or service.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I will be taking him to court to claim back what is owed dont worry! Here is the explanation the good garage gave me when I got it fixed with them:

post-44800-142678760458_thumb.jpg

good luck mate, hope its a good outcome for you

587d1cb5298b91596d05980c5ccb35cdd3b40501

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club