Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Number Plate Bulbs

Budgie8

Any suggestions as to which number plate bulbs I should get, was thinking of upgrading to LEDs don't want nothing too pricey though!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

You can get leds off eBay for a few quid if your car doesn't have canbus? If it does then you'll have to get a more expensive bulb or wire in a resistor and loose some of the brightness

You can get leds off eBay for a few quid if your car doesn't have canbus? If it does then you'll have to get a more expensive bulb or wire in a resistor and loose some of the brightness

Thanks for the reply and I don't a clue if my car doesn't have canbus

I'll post some links later :)

Any 501 fitment will be fine, doesn't have to be canbus.

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice guys :)

And just make sure they emit light in all directions, otherwise you won't properly light your numberplate!

• Like 2

Did my wifes Mark 7 Fiesta Zetec S a couple of years ago, because the bulb holders were getting brittle. Bought the LEDs from eBay (Fizzmo) no connection just satified customer. Go for the five leds, four on the sides and one on the top. If the led does not work turn it round in the holder.

HTH

Peter401

• Like 1

Thanks again much appreciated

I have the 5 SMD's and they do work, but I would have prefferd a bit more light, If you can go for 8 SMD or bit more for the rear number plates

I think mine in the rear are 28 SMD. Obviously, the LEDs are a wee bit smaller. However, the length of bulb you can fit in in the numberplate bulb holders is generous (a lot more than the interior light, that's for sure!).

They look pretty nice, though not nice enough to spend £16 on when compared to two bulbs for a quid or so!

I used the 5 smd ones, I bought a few mainly for my Kuga. Also I installed a reversing camera and screen on the Kuga and had to match the led on the number plate light camera. So far I have them in the footwell ;lights, interior lights including the map lights and the boot lights.

HTH

Peter C

Can't decide over 8 smd or go for like the 28 smd ones? Want them to be a bright white light

28 SMDs in effect for you at night time. They look seriously nice and give a glow on the whole of the back of the car.

post-61429-0-97335100-1426107543_thumb.j

post-61429-0-67139200-1426107546_thumb.j

• Like 1

Has to be 28's.

Anything less is second best.

• Like 1

My Galaxy S2 just doesn't take photos that do them justice... Maybe one day I'll get my SLR on the case for some sort of build thread with all the little mods I've done..

Definitely looking at 28's then :) thanks guys

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club