Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Owning A Zetec S Ecoboost

Anderson97

Hi there,

I'm currently looking at buying a Zetec S ecoboost and I have a few questions

1.Does the car give you that sense of thrill when you're driving it?

2.Does it pull away quick

3.Average MPG

4.Whats it like to own one

5.Your favourite color

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Are you looking at the new model Focus (comonly known as mk3.5) and which engine?

I'm looking at the 1L turbo ecoboost model post-63382-142559082725_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

My bad. I forgot to mention fiesta. (New to this forum stuff)

Sorry mate was in my own world thinking you were looking at the focus for some reason haha well I've had two focus 1.0 Ecoboost great engine gives you the thrills pulls of quick and returns a fair mpg but not whats quoted but hey what cars to achieve whats quoted, I like the white tbh!

No worries haha, oh good to hear its a good engine. Really excited to get my car. Just can't decide between white or black

If your going new white is obviously slightly cheaper, I like the black to but depends if you are going for rear privacy glass

Yeah I'll definitely go for privacy glass. I saw that there's the red and black edition zetec s? Would you think it would be worth looking at them or?

Definitely worth a look if you like the colour combos they are turning out 140 ps and go like a rocket, drove one the other week and thought it was pretty nice but tbh once you start looking at them their isn't much init cost wise for a fiesta st2 on ford finance deals and I know what I'd prefer ;)

I wish I could get an st-2 haha but for a first car and insurance I'd be dreaming. I got an insurance quote for an St-2 the other week for £1.6k which isn't bad for a new driver but it would be with a black box. That ruins all the fun :/

I'm just worried I won't get the wow factor out of a zetec s

Ive had a 1.0 Zetec S for about 6 months now.

1. Yeah - the fiesta has a great chassis as is it, and Zetec S is lower and is in stiffer springs so that improves it and makes it feel a bit more sporting. Get it on a good B road and its great fun!

2. In 1st 2nd and 3rd yes, not so much 4 and 5, but thats expected really. Just drop a cog if you want to overtake someone or something. Id describe it as nippy, if you want outright speed just get an ST. But for everyday driving the ZS is more than adequate. Personally ive only ever wanted for more power on a few occasions.

3. About 40-45. obviously depends on your driving though.

4. I love mine, I see about 5 STs daily but ive only ever seen one other similarly spec'd Zetec S on the road. I like that. If this is your first car I wouldnt even contemplate getting an ST, the zetec S will be more than enough fun! Its got more than enough power to get you into trouble.

5. Deep Impact Blue. Every time.

Ive had a 1.0 Zetec S for about 6 months now.

1. Yeah - the fiesta has a great chassis as is it, and Zetec S is lower and is in stiffer springs so that improves it and makes it feel a bit more sporting. Get it on a good B road and its great fun!

2. In 1st 2nd and 3rd yes, not so much 4 and 5, but thats expected really. Just drop a cog if you want to overtake someone or something. Id describe it as nippy, if you want outright speed just get an ST. But for everyday driving the ZS is more than adequate. Personally ive only ever wanted for more power on a few occasions.

3. About 40-45. obviously depends on your driving though.

4. I love mine, I see about 5 STs daily but ive only ever seen one other similarly spec'd Zetec S on the road. I like that. If this is your first car I wouldnt even contemplate getting an ST, the zetec S will be more than enough fun! Its got more than enough power to get you into trouble.

5. Deep Impact Blue. Every time.

Cheers for clearing that up! Even more excited to get it now. Have you done any modifications and do you think the red/black edition would be worth looking at or is it not worth the extra £

Good stuff! What spec are you thinking?

Only a few cosmetic ones at the moment, like wind deflectors and and 's' badge for the grille. Ive been looking into the mountune bits and bobs recently so I might go down that route when ive got a few more miles on it.

Personally I wouldn't, purely because I dont like the look of them. Having seen a few on the road I think they look a bit tacky and cheap. Its just personal taste though. You could always just get the mountune remap if you wanted the extra power of the red/black edition.

The 1 litre turbo ecoboost. Yeah I'll probably just mountune it after a year or so. Planning on getting a black or white one then getting the rims sprayed black and some wind deflectors

I have a red zs Which I love but was after a white one myself but I got a very good deal on the red I think you will be sick of cleaning a black car they show all the dirt more, look nice clean but to much work keeping them that way

How much did you pay and the mileage on purchase if you don't mind me asking?

I think white is a dead loss unless you wanna clean it every week (or less). I've had red for the last 30 years, folks seem to be able to see red and tend not to carve you up so much (i reckon). Doesn't show the dirt too much. 1ltr eco 125 has more power (and top speed) than the old XR2. Unless you're a speedfreak like MarkSt you'll find it terrific.

I think white is a dead loss unless you wanna clean it every week (or less). I've had red for the last 30 years, folks seem to be able to see red and tend not to carve you up so much (i reckon). Doesn't show the dirt too much. 1ltr eco 125 has more power (and top speed) than the old XR2. Unless you're a speedfreak like MarkSt you'll find it terrific.

Ray, you crack me up, you really do. Been stuck behind any "30 sticklers" lately?

Silly me, of course you have, they're everywhere in 30 zones.

• Like 2

White is king.

Although I don't get all this insurance is too high but I can still pay £15k for a car and not worry about the money???

Cheaper to buy an old Impreza or an R33 GTS, than to but a new fiesta and run one over several years, more fun too and won't depreciate at about 3K PA.

Each to their own I know. but makes no logical sense.

ST being worth a lot more in the long run would compensate for the higher premiums once it's paid for.

Our Fiesta ST 2 only suffered £2k depreciation in 2 years when traded in for the Focus ST 3

I think an St-2 at 18 would be insane. It's just id be running it on a black box and the quotes from compare the market always shoot up and down between £1.6k-£2.2k

Call other companies such as Green light and Brentacre, they don't even own blackboxes.

Or save 10K and get some old school turbo'd terror for £2k and enjoy it, there is an Evo1 on pistonheads for £1999 at the moment, quicker than any Ford I think bar the GT and won't want anything but fuel and oil

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club