Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wiring A Power Magic Pro Into A New Fiesta ?

ninja_geezer

Anyone done the above on the current fiesta ?

I have a new ST3 and want to use the power magic pro in conjunction with a Blackvue 650 dual camera setup.

In exactly the same boat as you, same cameras too. Fortunatley got a mate of mine doing it tomorrow for me, as all this stuff means nothing to me! :)

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

In exactly the same boat as you, same cameras too. Fortunatley got a mate of mine doing it tomorrow for me, as all this stuff means nothing to me! :)

Any info would be useful Richard.ie: what fuse he wires to ect ?

cheers :D

Did your m8 fit it for you ?

• 2 months later...

Anyone done the above on the current fiesta ?

I have a new ST3 and want to use the power magic pro in conjunction with a Blackvue 650 dual camera setup.

Just ordered the same kit. Any tips on which fuse you used on the ST3?, and how did you run the cables to the rear camera? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• 2 weeks later...

Wired my 650 up this weekend with a power magic pro. Not too bad at all.

I used the audio fuse for permanent live and rear wiper for ignition live.

So far very please with the Blackvue, especially like being able to view footage over wifi from an iOS device.

I had to mount it a little lower than I would have liked to avoid getting the black sensor unit on the windscreen in shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Out of interest how many hours have you got the power magic set to run ?

i have mine on 6 hours ,did have it on 24 but found it was draining the battery down so much over night that as soon as i got into the car in the morning it said blackvue shutting down.

Out of interest how many hours have you got the power magic set to run ?

i have mine on 6 hours ,did have it on 24 but found it was draining the battery down so much over night that as soon as i got into the car in the morning it said blackvue shutting down.

i set the dip switches to configure the cut off voltage to 11.8 and then set timer to infinity. Have had no problems so far and the blackvue is still fine the following morning, that's only testing it about 17 hours or so though..

hmm maybe, i'll let you know if i get any issues. I've just reviewed some cam footage on my mac for the first time, have to say i'm not entirely impressed!, quite a bit of pixellation and often i can't even make out the car reg behind or in front of me!. How have you found yours?, could be i need to tinker.

hmm maybe, i'll let you know if i get any issues. I've just reviewed some cam footage on my mac for the first time, have to say i'm not entirely impressed!, quite a bit of pixellation and often i can't even make out the car reg behind or in front of me!. How have you found yours?, could be i need to tinker.

This is some footage from the front cam today,please remember the actual footage is quite a bit better than this as this is compressed for you tube.

i am running the latest firmware and have a clip on polarizing filter attached.

i think it is very good.the best software i have found for playback on my pc is called Registrator viewer a lot better than the blackvue player ,the video looks great on there,and when you pull a still off they are good quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URrhPEofZ-g

ok cheers, my footage is similar to that without the youtube downscaling!. so from your original footage, can you make out the number plate of the green car you are following?.

Where did you get the filter?, can't seem to find them online. And how far down the windscreen do you have your camera mounted?. I have more dash in shot on mine so i'll try giving it some more road to see if it focuses any better. I seem to remember reading on a blackvue site that you should make your dash one third of the shot though.

cheers for the software heads up, will check it out. :)

ok cheers, my footage is similar to that without the youtube downscaling!. so from your original footage, can you make out the number plate of the green car you are following?.

Where did you get the filter?, can't seem to find them online. And how far down the windscreen do you have your camera mounted?. I have more dash in shot on mine so i'll try giving it some more road to see if it focuses any better. I seem to remember reading on a blackvue site that you should make your dash one third of the shot though.

Have a look at this post from another website i use.

http://www.fiestastoc.com/forums/topic/152738-dash-cam/

Filter from here:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOOVIKA-Polarizer-Filter-Clip-Compatible-BlackVue-DR500-550-/131276203888

You may find some decent info on here as well.https://forum.dashcamtalk.com/

brilliant, thanks very much.

brilliant, thanks very much.

Couple of stills ive taken from front cam . one is the car i was following you asked about the number plate reading so you can see its clear enough even at a decent distance.the other is on a very wet day last week as i was turning right,you can read a couple of plates on those cars.and i have included a rear camera still (not full HD but good enough as you will see)

post-61110-0-56397400-1433231490_thumb.j

post-61110-0-78841500-1433232063_thumb.j

Please remember these are shrunk again to upload.

on a normal picture viewer you can zoom in a bit to see better.

Forgot to say i never use the audio,i think its too sensitive at driving speeds is a bit distorted,also i don't want to record my work and personal phone calls whilst driving.

post-61110-0-54534400-1433231488_thumb.j

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club