Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Maverick Xlt

kennyboy2001

Hi I hope this in the right section ,I was wondering if there were any more maverick owners on this site if so how could I get to know who they are , thanks for any help on this .cheers ken

If there are, they aren't regular posters lol

Most of here are Focus, Fiesta and Mondeo drivers

ok thanks :mellow:

Don't feel lonely though - many of us flick between sections...we're like a family...a somewhat dysfunctional family, but family none the less lol

I used to have a Ford Escape (2005 XLT 3.0 V6 if I remember right) when living in Canada so just like yours but a newer model. It was a great car, but very thirsty compared with the 1.6TDCi on the Focus! I even looked at exporting it when I moved back to Europe but it didn't make financial sense.

aye, the maverickl are few and far between, the only guys I saw come on got help, or what little we could offer and then didnt return.

Hi sorry to hear that but if I can help any other maverick owners with the little knowledge I have picked up in a short time I gladly would , in the mean time I have joined an American based forum that might have a little more info on the Maverick/Escape/Tribute/Terrano whatever the heck my mavvy is related to , cheers :D

• 3 months later...

Hi Ken,

Fellow Maverick Mark 2 owner (and new member) here! Bought ours December 2010 as a third car for winters up here in the north of Scotland - we both drive BMWs, in the winter I swap to winter tyres but we picked up the Mav mostly for the wife to use once the bad weather/snow hits. Having said that though, its been used all year round ever since, partly whilst we had our dog and even since then for gardening/skip runs etc or when we need to have 5 in the car at once.

My friends and family think its funny but I always refer to it to everyone as The Best Car In The World - it was bought as a cheap old car, almost a gamble, but in the 4.5 years we've had it its never once broken down, passed every mot and has only required routine servicing items, and even when it does go into the garage the parts and labour are nothing compared to what we pay at BMW. There's definitely something to be said for a simple, low-hassle, honest motor - I've genuinely had as much pleasure from it as some of the more 'exotic' stuff I've owned and I hope it lives forever!

• Like 1

Hi Hoppo54 Cheers for the reply , I am really enjoying my Mav made me really lazy being an automatic and so far no major problems touch wood :D

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 3/8/2015 at 10:29 AM, kennyboy2001 said:

Hi I hope this in the right section ,I was wondering if there were any more maverick owners on this site if so how could I get to know who they are , thanks for any help on this .cheers ken

I am. But just noticed your post was from 2015.

• 2 months later...

I am a Maverick owner now too. I have to say that all in all it seems exactly what I wanted. Cheap and cheerful with loads of space and mechanically good. Only issue is the battery light staying on (which I suspect is related to me installing a refurbished alternator). Hopefully get that sorted out soon. The wife loves it so I don't know how much I'll get to drive it though...

• 6 months later...

Hello all help needed , I have recently purchased a 2004 ford maverick V6 just had the exhaust /front brakes /disc done for the MOT which passed with no advisorys happy days I thought ! 2 weeks ago started up and could the engine fluxuating followed by the engine management light flashing up , pluged in the fault finder and came up as cylinder 6 misfire had the plug and coil changed by mechanic all seemed well ,week later same thing but now cylinder 5 took back again took for a spin all good went to go out yesterday same problem but now cylinder 2 at a loss any advice would be appreciated cheers P.Kenny 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club