Do Not Sell My Personal Information

P0301 03 Ford Fiesta Mk6

bensong10

Hi guys I just had problems with my car well it's been juggering for the past 3-4 days now and today it just showed a EML on the instrument cluster today. The breakdown guy came and put the car on the diagnostic he says it the ignition pack that's gone. How much do you think this will cost me at a local garage and do you think I could do it myself before I take it to the garage?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

If it is the coil pack then it's a 10/20min job and will cost no more than £30/£40 however it could also be the coil pack drivers in the ECU which means you'll need a new ECU or get the current one repaired.

• Like 2

The coil pack is a common failure on the mk6 though so youll likely be lucky and just have to replace the coil pack

• Like 1

I checked today and there was oil and water where the plugs are so I took it to the garage and they said the coil plugs are gone and the rocker seal is gone as well apparently I'm waiting for them to ring me and tell me the price

Do you mean coil plugs or core plugs? As core plugs are usually cheap as dirt. They're just a pain in the !Removed! to remove. Sure the water isn't just from the washer jets as they commonly leak on the prefacelift

• Like 1

Yeah I meant core plugs *lol iPhones* well do you reckon I can do it myself and how much am i looking at? There's oil inside it as well so I dunno now thanks gingerflame for the advice btw