Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Tyres?

JordFocus

Anyone got any ideas for the best tyres on a Ford Focus Zetec 100 2008? Need a new front set

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

what tyres are fitted at present

Currently Westlake 205/55/r16's car was recently purchased and looking for a decent set

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

never heard of them sound like chinesestick well known brands you cant go wrong

Falkens, Pirelli, Goodyear, any really. I have Austones on the front of my focii, not bad actually. They came with it and are doing well, not bad grip

Sent from my Gen 1 WAP phone

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymetric 2's work well for me.

I used to always go for Avon ZZ3, excellent grip and wear.

Now the ZZ3 are no longer available I go for Goodyear Efficientgrip, very happy with them.

i have continental's on mine at the moment, 2nd set.
But have also used uniroyals, Nixen, Goodyears and Michellins which were all good.

I found the mid range Nixen's quite good for the money, grip and ware.

Debating putting my Prestivo tyres back on, or just buying a brand new set of Falken 914s when I swap my winter tyres off.

The 914's have really good reviews, and are also fairly cheap (£47 each from tyreleader.co.uk).

I've just put Hankook ventus prime 2 on the front of mine and they seem pretty good for £130 a pair fitted. Good wet grip and good noise rating but quite a low efficiency rating.

I used to always go for Avon ZZ3, excellent grip and wear.

Now the ZZ3 are no longer available I go for Goodyear Efficientgrip, very happy with them.

I agree they are good tyres overall, but don't you think the sidewalls are a bit soft? (I.e they look like they are always a bit flat)

Perhaps I should inflate them a little more than the recommended Ford spec (>2.1/2.2 bar)?

I agree they are good tyres overall, but don't you think the sidewalls are a bit soft? (I.e they look like they are always a bit flat)

Perhaps I should inflate them a little more than the recommended Ford spec (>2.1/2.2 bar)?

Look fine to me.

Try 33 psi.

Look fine to me.

Try 33 psi.

Is that what you run yours at? Both front & rear? You have a diesel though.

Its not only me by the way, google "goodyear efficientgrip soft sidewalls". Maybe I simply need to inflate a bit more as you said.

My bridgestones aren't wearing that well so I'd avoid those. Try www.tyrereviews.co.uk - that'll give you a better idea balanced against how much you want to pay.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

• Like 1

Nankang directionals or marongoni zeta linea's brilliant tyres hold in the wet like most do in the dry or pradas

Is that what you run yours at? Both front & rear? You have a diesel though.

Its not only me by the way, google "goodyear efficientgrip soft sidewalls". Maybe I simply need to inflate a bit more as you said.

I put 33 in when the tryes are warmish and 32 when cold.

Tyres are wearing evenly so the pressures are fine IMHO.

A diesel block is heavier than petrol so pressure is better higher (springs are stronger too).

I used to rate the Falken 452's, worked well and very good price but they were superceded and the 453's were getting marmite reviews.

One extra thing which swung me towards the Goodyears was them having rim protectors, important when running the 19's with 235/35 tyres - then decided to fit the same when the OEM tyres wore out on the 18's.

Wise choice Westlake are made by the hangzou rubber co ltd and are dangerous tyres with recalls for tread separation etc they are one of the top 5 tire companies to avoid along with other Chinese tyre companies.

I must admit the verdestians are unheard of by most yet only Goodyear scored better even then it was close for 16 inch alloys mine were £55 a tyre delivered super dry grip super wet grip and they coped through winter with ice and snow with no issues owned by Apollo designed by guigario Apollo also owned Dunlop tyres which was owned by Goodyear sold then rebought again so they are all interlinked in one way or another

verdestians are dutch but think they have been bought out by one of the chinese company's like you said artscot they are all linked in the global tyre industry

paul

Tyreleader are currently doing Michelin Primacy 3's at £54 a tyre in 205/55 R16 91V (free delivery)... Think they'll be my next ones instead of the Falkens!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Ford OC mobile app

wish i could get them at that price euro !Removed! poor value against sterling :whistling:

I use the Toyo Proxes T1 Sport - massive amounts of dry grip and not bad in the wet.

For something better wearing try the Avon ZV5 - again great tyres. I believe these are used by the Police on service cars. I had a set on for 20k miles and there is still plenty tread on them.

I would try out a set of Linglong "Ditchfinders" :lol:

Serious answer.......... Dunlop Sport Bluresponse or Goodyear Efficientgrip are my usual choices.

• Like 1