Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone Got A Rear Tint?

Jeremyc

Hey guys,

I'm looking to get my car tinted but i'm still not made up about the % I want to go. Anyone got a few pictures they can post below and the % of the tint? I will post mine here when it's done.

Cheers

Had the 5% limo tint done on mine which Iam told, is the darkest you can get.......it does look good mind as the car is red

Heres the result of a 20% tint. Looks good to me!

post-62681-0-46046700-1426085567_thumb.p

This is factory fitted tinted glass if that helps compare ?

post-61943-0-49946400-1426085801_thumb.j

IMG 4474

IMG 4474

limo black not allowed any on fronts in county as they make you peel all off including rear's to to prove a point

I got 15% tint on mine. All rear end cost £100. Looks good from the outside and pretty clear looking out from inside. Topped it off with some Team Heko deflectors.

Photo isn't the best though.

Sent by mind control using Ford OC

post-63440-0-55192300-1426101108_thumb.j

limo black not allowed any on fronts in county as they make you peel all off including rear's to to prove a point

They shouldnt be doing that mate....I checked with VOSA before getting mine done and they said as long as its only the rear of the car thats done then its fine

• Like 1

Ah glad this has come up as I want to get mine done too, it anybody can recommend somewhere that does it in the Manchester/Tameside area that would be great :)

Yes i know but if you do anything on the front at all they make u strip whole car on roadside i have had this done to me on my audi a few years ago, plus if they do pull you they ask who installed them and fine the place that installed them

The law states that for vehicles first used 01/ 04 /1985 or later the windscreen must allow at least 75 % of light through & the front side windows must allow at least 70 % of light through.

• Like 2

Guys, I know the law. I only have 20% tint in the back window and rear two windows if you look at the picture I posted a few posts up. The front and sides haven't been changed!

Pulled this from t'google...

"The UK law states that the two front side windows, i.e. the windows either side of the drivers head, must have a VLT (visable light transmition) of >70%. That means that at least 70% of light must pass through. Most modern car windows are made of glass with a 80-70% VLT, so even a very light film applied to the front windows will take the VLT the wrong side of 70% and therefore will not be legal.

All windows behind the driver have no such law applying to them so you can have any tint you want.

Enforcement Standards

Instrumented Checks

An intrumented check is performed by a suitably trained officer with a TintMan VLT meter. These checks are normally from Vosa roadside campaigns.

65%-46% VLT: Advise only The driver will be advised that the legal requirements have been breached.

45%-30% VLT: Delayed prohibition The driver will be given a prohibition notice and will usually have 10 days to have the film removed before going to a vosa testing station to have the VLT re-checked.

<30% VLT: Immediate prohibition The vehicle is considered dangerous and cannot be driven until the film is removed.

Non-instrumented Checks

An officer with no Tintman can make a subjective assessment by sitting in the drivers seat with the doors closed. If the tints are very dark and restrict visibility, they will be considered dangerous and the officer will issue an immediate prohibition (as <30% VLT above). If the level of visibility is not obviously dangerous then the driver will be advised that the legal requirements may have been breached, thus putting the onus on the owner to investigate further."

No one said here they tinted the front windows, not sure why its being talked about..

• Like 1

Cause some cars have been getting them

Done as i seen some pictures loaded up on site so mentioned it not to get done as could end up in a lot of bother

• Like 1

Heres the result of a 20% tint. Looks good to me!

That looks good !

got any more photos of the back please ?

is it higher the percentage the darker it is?

That looks good !

got any more photos of the back please ?

is it higher the percentage the darker it is?

I will try and get a picture tomorrow. If I forget please remind me. No the the percentage means the amount of light which can get through so 5% is the darkest and is called limo black as its what limos use. I thought it would be too dark for my liking. Surprisingly you can see out the car pretty much exactly the same too.

sorry I haven't had a chance to get a pic of the rears for you yet. been working all weekend :angry:

I've been thinking about this today, might actually get mine done soon

post-58026-142695689032_thumb.jpgi had mine done at standard factory fitted % tint, not sure what it is but if you were to ask im sure the person doing the tiny would know

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByFord OC1426956888.974012.jpgi had mine done at standard factory fitted % tint, not sure what it is but if you were to ask im sure the person doing the tiny would know

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

thanks for the pic, looks good

any chance I can see the rear window please ? ta ,muchly :)

• Like 1

I'll be getting my rear windows tinted to 20% on Thursday. Hope it doesn't affect my already expensive insurance!