Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smart Repair Cost?

AdamWanderers

Hello!

Just wondering if anybody has been in a similar situation to myself who may be able to help me out with some pricing.

My car was scraped by a van while parked up in a car park today and while we have it on CCTV we can't get his registration number so can't put it through the insurance without it costing me my no claims.

There's a lot of white paint on the front wing and bumper which I assume some t-cut should take off but there's also bits of the wing and bumper where the paint has come off and is down to the metal.

I've had a look at smart repairs which are apparently quite effective but noticed my car is 'Candy Blue pearlescent paint' which can be harder to match.

Has anybody had a similar repair done who may be able to help me with how much this is going to cost without having to get a repair guy out first to quote me?

I'd post a photo but its happened tonight and it's too dark to get the full damage (i'm hoping its not even worse when I look at it in the morning).

Thanks in advance!

Adam

Had a small dent and a mark in the paintwork fixed last year £220 mines frozen white though , they should be able to match your paint I would have thought,you'd be best getting a quote

I'm having a smart repair done today at a fabulous young repair shop for £120. I managed to reverse into my brothers gatepost yesterday despite mirrors, sensors and a camera...

Left a gouging deep single scratch and a couple of paint transfers

Only thing I don't like is their courtesy car (see other thread)

I'm not having much luck with this car am I :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

Don't feel too bad about reversing into something even with the sensors, how do you think I needed to have a smart repair done?

• Like 1

Bear in mind it's just an acrylic paint, it won't last forever. call a proper paint shop and get it done, you'll only end up paying for it in the long run. the white paint will just wash off with a bit of elbow grease.

• Like 1

Had this done last month 230 ford dealer wanted 570! Independent body shop wouldn't use smart for it personally

post-61819-142618472457_thumb.jpg

post-61819-142618475011_thumb.jpg

Had this done last month 230 ford dealer wanted 570! Independent body shop wouldn't use smart for it personally

230 is pretty good for that.

Took my Fiesta to the Ford dealer today and got quoted £400, definitely won't be going back to there!

2ahcq4l.jpg

bgzsax.jpg

zj8n76.jpg

400 for that little bit? It's costing me 250 for a front& rear bumper & a wing painted from scratch and damage at the back pulled out and painted so you can definately do better than that! :)

230 is pretty good for that.

Took my Fiesta to the Ford dealer today and got quoted £400, definitely won't be going back to there!

2ahcq4l.jpg

bgzsax.jpg

zj8n76.jpg

Shame you don't live nearer mate the body shop I used were fantastic, had used them before this time round and both times were good results. Have to say 400 for yours is crazy take it independent

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club