Do Not Sell My Personal Information

St3 Quotes

Zico

Curious to find out peoples quotes for an ST3 (inc. Style pack, Rear parking and spare wheel).

Got one quote at £17640 with my Zetec p/x with a final cost of £19026.65. That's with 36x £201.03 per month on PCP.

In addition to my first post, is the Ford Dealer GAP cover worth it for £399? This is down from £499 first quoted (20% off).

Other cover costs are:

£299 Alloy cover

£259 Tyre cover

£369 Smartguard (aka DiamondBrite) - Offered it at £185

£409 Cosmetic cover (small dents)

Didn't take any of the above on my Zetec but considering GAP and possibly the Alloy cover (if it's worth it BUT will ask for a better price).

Used a couple of 3m ScotchGard cans for the interior seats on the Zetec but would need something for the partial leather of the ST3.

Have you tried getting a quote from Drivethedeal then see if a dealer will match it, mine was £16.4k. What did they give you as p/x? Will webuyanycar etc beat it?

Do buy gap insurance just don't get it from a dealer, all that's doing is giving the salesman more commission. I got mine from ALA for £170 for 3 years for replacement vehicle cover, they also do alloy wheel and small dent cover for less than a dealer would.

Only get diamond rite if you don't like washing/polishing your car, or get a good detailer to seal it. Seeing as most dealer valeters leave swirl marks all they'll do is seal them under the diamondbrite, lol.

• Like 1

DriveTheDeal price on the quick quote is £17182.50 (or £17240.50 with 12 months road tax).

The quote I have is from the same dealer who supplied my Zetec through DTD. Last time round the quick quote was slightly lower than the actual price as the cost was ~£200 more as the cheapest dealer was miles away from my location and you had to go to them to sort out the paperwork.

**Edit**

We Buy Any Car give me a £9000 valuation. The dealer I've got the cheapest quote from is offering £9400 and some of the CarWow dealers + local dealer are offering £9500 (worse overall deal) or £9300.

**EDIT**

Regarding the GAP insurance, my local dealer gave me scare stories of other GAP insurances "not covering full retail price" when I spoke with them over the phone last week.

I presume that there isn't much basis for this but, as above, I didn't take any GAP out for my current Zetec so never really looked at the cover/small print of any providers.

Have done. Just edited my above post.

Best CarWow quote is £17930 (£18,430.00 - £9400 px, dep £4103 and 36 x £224.40) with a final cost £19,867.97 though the dealer is closer to me (Tunbridge Wells) than my Zetec dealer (Cambridge).

So £17640 ok? The dealer is the same as through DtD but the cheapest DtD price went up from the web quote.

If your happy with it then it's ok, does that include the gap and other bits?

They do give the horror stories about other policies having less cover, mine did it to me until i showed him the ALA policy had exactly the same cover.

No other cover, just the car and options and they'll give me a full tank to drive back with. The local dealers can't match this and are £850+ more.

Will need to put £500 down initially to secure the car which would drop the monthly payments to £175 if I use that towards the deposit.

I'm not going to take the GAP offered but will look at the third party offerings such as ALA (do you have the link?).

Thanks for that Mark. Should have said that 10seconds after posting I found the links :D.

I guess that you've gone with the Vehicle Plus cover?

Oh, and I've put my order through :)

Hi,

Just to let you know we offer a product called Total Loss Protection. Whilst it's not exactly the same as your traditional GAP insurance we feel it can offer a cost effective alternative. If you'd like any further information please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

Hi Daniel. Is TLP a standalone product with Adrian Flux?

For GAP insurance, they well overcharge. Ford quoted me £499, and then £399 for GAP insurance (after saying that last time I got it for £94 for 2 years).

I went to Autotrader last time, and will go again this time. £124 for £10,000 of cover, for 3 years.

I will do the wheel and scuff cover etc. with them next time too I think!

For all of the cover, it come to about £750 for wheels, alloys, scuff repair, GAP insurance, lost key replacement, and excess cover.

Just picked up me x demo ST-3 :)

Dont get Ford GAP insurance,

I went with Helpucover.co.uk £5.75 P/m 3 year cover

other quores were around £170-£180 for 3 years

Evening Adam.

The ALA cover for alloys was cheaper than Ford. Didn't check the other covers.

Ford try take the mick with the GAP insurance they told me it was 400 quid told them I have never paid that and I have took it out on 4 cars with them now it soon came down to the 200 I have paid previously.

Think you have got yourself a good deal on the ST3 though when do you collect it?

Picked it up yesterday afternoon, Liking it more n more.

Thinking about getting the Montune Upgrade !!!!!!

Ford try take the mick with the GAP insurance they told me it was 400 quid told them I have never paid that and I have took it out on 4 cars with them now it soon came down to the 200 I have paid previously.

Think you have got yourself a good deal on the ST3 though when do you collect it?

If there is no budge on the GAP to less than £200 (or whatever ALA cost was) then I won't be taking it.

Not due to collect the car for a few weeks (been given time around early to mid April) but it's probably better for me.

Picked it up yesterday afternoon, Liking it more n more.

Thinking about getting the Montune Upgrade !!!!!!

Give my car back :D (after you've got it Mountuned :D)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So talked to my dealer today, got quotes on both the st2 and st3 time to sell the Mrs into the idea of the 3!

• Like 1

Good luck :)

So tomorow I will be ordering the ST3 in stealth with Sync 2 navigation and privacy glass, this is going to be a long wait!

I find driving solo in the ST an awesome experience. But with passengers it's pretty wearing - they're always moaning about bumps in the road, or that the recaro seat isn't as comfy as a normal fiesta seat.

Better to just get the car and never take her out in it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

Anyone 18 with an st? Getting silly quotes for insurance from everyone haha help!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club