Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why!?

benj1

Why is my order taking soooo long. It's such a horrible wait i want my car now, ha. The company I have bought the car from said anywhere between 8-12 weeks. :S I thought they had a load of cars made at the factorys but couldn't sell them? Or 12 weeks to make a car.. what!? Anyone care to explain? Lol

Thanks

It's a simple case of queuing I'm afraid.

They have sold 70000+ Fiestas since launch and don't seem able to build them fast enough. I ordered on May 30th and the car isn't even being built for another 10 days!

The large stockpiles of cars don't apply to the Fiesta - shame.

Same here benj1 - I wanted mine for the 1 September release of the 59 plate maodels but it is looking like that is not going to happen. And that would have been 13 weeks and 1 day from the day of ordering . . . .

It does seem to be down to what spec and extras that you have gone for - the higher up with the more extras, the longer it is taking . . . .

(oh and there was a rumour that there is a slightly longer wait for 3dr and 1.6 tdci diesel engined cars too - engine used by several manufacturers)

Why is my order taking soooo long. It's such a horrible wait i want my car now, ha. The company I have bought the car from said anywhere between 8-12 weeks. :S I thought they had a load of cars made at the factorys but couldn't sell them? Or 12 weeks to make a car.. what!? Anyone care to explain? Lol

Thanks

Does anyone know the lead time for a Corsa? Going by the 300 stored behind my work it must be minutes!

(Sorry for using the 'C' word!)

Christ that's a long time, I only ordered mine 3 weeks ago :| ha. Ah well be worth the wait I hope.

Does anyone know the lead time for a Corsa? Going by the 300 stored behind my work it must be minutes!

(Sorry for using the 'C' word!)

Thats because, having hired a Fiesta Zetec and a Corsa something, I can confirm that they are !Removed! and why get one of those when you can have the stunning and world beating Ford Fiesta!

Christ that's a long time, I only ordered mine 3 weeks ago :| ha. Ah well be worth the wait I hope.

Thank yourself lucky - I p/x'd my car when I placed the order so I have been carless for over 9 weeks now . . . .

I'm lucky in that I just wanted a standard spec model (plus some alloys which will be fitted at the dealer). So when I ordered (July 25th I think) the car was on it's way out of the Valencia plant. It's now in Belgium, then it'll hit Liverpool before getting here to Newcastle. Should be here by the 3rd week in August. Then I'm just waiting the couple of weeks for the 59 plate.

Thanks for the replys. I've got a long wait it looks like then lol :| I was hoping octoberish I would be getting it, I seriously hope it's not 'gonna take much longer than that. Just have to play the waiting game..

so what spec have you ordered then benj1

Thanks for the replys. I've got a long wait it looks like then lol :| I was hoping octoberish I would be getting it, I seriously hope it's not 'gonna take much longer than that. Just have to play the waiting game..

It seems to me everyone has had to wait an age for theirs.

Mine only took 5 weeks to arrive. However i didnt order it it as a new build as such, my garage placed a hold on it after it had been built and was allready to go in germany. Ive found that thats a quicker to get your car, maybe not the exact spec though. I mean i had to compromise for no tinted windows and pay the extra for the blutooth, but got it a hell of a lot quicker.

Mine only took 5 weeks to arrive. However i didnt order it it as a new build as such, my garage placed a hold on it after it had been built and was allready to go in germany. Ive found that thats a quicker to get your car, maybe not the exact spec though. I mean i had to compromise for no tinted windows and pay the extra for the blutooth, but got it a hell of a lot quicker.

It would be nice if there was a feature where you could track your order. You know, like they have in the dealerships.

I think it would just be interesting to find out where you car is. I think mine's still in Belgium. No idea why. There's nothing in Belgium but chocolates. Wait a minute, do I get free chocolates? I'm going to check the glove box as soon as it comes over.

Belgium? Why on earth is in in Belgium? :lol:

If you can get your VIN number from your dealer then you can register on the Ford ETIS system and see the progress of your car I believe. My dealer won't give me mine.

Belgium? Why on earth is in in Belgium? :lol:

If you can get your VIN number from your dealer then you can register on the Ford ETIS system and see the progress of your car I believe. My dealer won't give me mine.

I dunno! The dealer just said it's gone to Belgium from Valencia and that they all have to go there before getting here.

It's got to go to Liverpool after that where there's a 90% chance that it will be stolen.

(Just kidding, Liverpool.)

I'll just pester the dealer a bit towards the end of August. Accidentally bumped into the salesperson at Tesco. Probably thinks I'm stalking him.

But surely that is the only point of buying a new car - you get the exact spec that yuo want. Surely if you are happy to compromise it makes more sense to buy nearly new?

I dunno! The dealer just said it's gone to Belgium from Valencia and that they all have to go there before getting here.

It's got to go to Liverpool after that where there's a 90% chance that it will be stolen.

(Just kidding, Liverpool.)

I'll just pester the dealer a bit towards the end of August. Accidentally bumped into the salesperson at Tesco. Probably thinks I'm stalking him.

No, they dont all go to Belgium from Valencia your dealer is telling big porkies!!! Mine went from Valencia to Royal Flushing, and Ford told me they had sent it to the wrong country!!!!!!!

I would ring and ask where your car actually is as it shouldn't be in Belgium!! It had to go from flushing back to valencia then come here again!

Mine went from Germany to Flushing to UK.

Thats because, having hired a Fiesta Zetec and a Corsa something, I can confirm that they are !Removed! and why get one of those when you can have the stunning and world beating Ford Fiesta!

That's amazing considering all the motoring press said the opposite.

Sorry Paul but I'm going to disagree here.

Vauxhall make fine cars and the Corsa is one of their best especially in the VXR form.

I so nearly bought the Arctic VXR---the economic recession put paid to that.

I agree that the Fiesta is an exceptional car but then the Corsa is very good too.

That's amazing considering all the motoring press said the opposite.

I'm always dubious about press "opinions" wondering whether they have been paid for, I know I'm just a cynic. :huh:

Over the years I've had a few Fords & Vauxhalls & generally preferred Vauxhall but at work we have 2 08 Corsa courtesy cars they are only basic models so no frills, but for me they are the worst cars I have driven, nothing I could pin down to complain about they just feel wrong in every department. Given the choice I'd drive the LDV vans instead. :o

Only my personal opinion, I'm sure others will love them. :unsure:

When the ferry leaves Valencia,it doesnt always go direct to UK,often going via Antwerp and Vlissengen,to drop off spanish built cars and to pick up cars built in Belgium and Germany.

All cars for North of Birmingham are delivered to the Liverpool holding centre by train from eother southampton or thames estury ports.

They are the delivered by road to the specific dealer.

My car left spain on 16 June,then went to southampton ,then rail to liverpool,then delivered to the dealer.

The ships log below,will give an idea of the routes the ships take,hence the belief your car is in belgium/holland,its only on the boat,not actually on the quayside.

dave

GRANDE PORTOGALLO VEHICLES CARRIER 9245598 2002 12609 ANTWERP, Belgium 30 July 2009 12:00

GRANDE PORTOGALLO VEHICLES CARRIER 9245598 2002 12609 HAMBURG, Germany 28 July 2009 19:00

GRANDE PORTOGALLO VEHICLES CARRIER 9245598 2002 12609 VLISSINGEN (FLUSHING), Netherlands 27 July 2009 16:00

GRANDE PORTOGALLO VEHICLES CARRIER 9245598 2002 12609 SOUTHAMPTON, United Kingdom 26 July 2009 10:00

GRANDE PORTOGALLO VEHICLES CARRIER 9245598 2002 12609 VALENCIA, Spain 03 July 2009 15:30

GRANDE PORTOGALLO VEHICLES CARRIER 9245598 2002 12609 ANTWERP, Belgium 24 June 2009 18:00

GRANDE PORTOGALLO VEHICLES CARRIER 9245598 2002 12609 HAMBURG, Germany 23 June 2009 07:00

GRANDE PORTOGALLO VEHICLES CARRIER 9245598 2002 12609 SOUTHAMPTON, United Kingdom 20 June 2009 17:00

GRANDE PORTOGALLO VEHICLES CARRIER 9245598 2002 12609 VALENCIA, Spain 16 June 2009 14:00

GRANDE PORTOGALLO VEHICLES CARRIER 9245598 2002 12609 LIVORNO, Italy 06 June 2009 21:00

GRANDE PORTOGALLO VEHICLES CARRIER 9245598 2002 12609 VALENCIA, Spain 05 June 2009 08:00

GRANDE PORTOGALLO VEHICLES CARRIER 9245598 2002 12609 ANTWERP, Belgium 28 May 2009 01:00

GRANDE PORTOGALLO VEHICLES CARRIER 9245598 2002 12609 SOUTHAMPTON, United Kingdom 27 May 2009 21:00

GRANDE PORTOGALLO VEHICLES CARRIER 9245598 2002 12609 ANTWERP, Belgium 30 April 2009 07:45

GRANDE PORTOGALLO VEHICLES CARRIER 9245598 2002 12609 SOUTHAMPTON, United Kingdom 29 April 2009 05:00

GRANDE PORTOGALLO VEHICLES CARRIER 9245598 2002 12609 VALENCIA, Spain 24 April 2009 16:00

Following on from the above,for those who are interested ,this is the ship which does most of the Valencia/Uk deliveries.

http://www.shipphoto.net/grande%20portogallo.htm

It carries 4650 cars when fully loaded.

I have just checked its radar poition,it is currently In Valencia re loading,so if you have a car due in the next 4 weeks,yours could be on it.

dave

Sorry Paul but I'm going to disagree here.

Vauxhall make fine cars and the Corsa is one of their best especially in the VXR form.

I so nearly bought the Arctic VXR---the economic recession put paid to that.

I agree that the Fiesta is an exceptional car but then the Corsa is very good too.

Yeah I know you disagree as we have had thi chat before about the VXR Artic - I just hired one of each for a weeknd and while the 1.4 Zetec was a lovely car to drive and I did not want t give it back, the corsa just gave me a bad back and was a nasty drive. AFter I took it back, and as the guy gave me a lift back to work, he admitted that one of his colleagues was off long term sick with a bad back brought about (he felt) bu the seats in both the corsa and astra making matters worse!

Each to his own though as cars are a personal choice - and mine is mine . . . ;-)

I'm always dubious about press "opinions" wondering whether they have been paid for, I know I'm just a cynic. :huh:

Over the years I've had a few Fords & Vauxhalls & generally preferred Vauxhall but at work we have 2 08 Corsa courtesy cars they are only basic models so no frills, but for me they are the worst cars I have driven, nothing I could pin down to complain about they just feel wrong in every department. Given the choice I'd drive the LDV vans instead. :o

Only my personal opinion, I'm sure others will love them. :unsure:

So, what do you think about the press opinions of the Fiesta? Can't have it both ways. ;)

So, what do you think about the press opinions of the Fiesta? Can't have it both ways. ;)

Well, obviously the build quality is appalling, the wheels don't stay on, none of the buttons work, it can't indicate and the seats are mounted backwards! Nothing like the reviews at all!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club