Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any Thoughts On My Slight Issue After Using Redex

bkmadh

So as the title says I have a slight issue with my mk2 07 plate 1.6 petrol focus, I've noticed for a while my mpg has been fairly low even when driving like a nun,

Anyhow I changed the air filter and things were slightly better, last weekend I had a run down to London from leeds so I had a full tank of fuel and added 1/4 of the redEx bottle, all was fine.

Thursday just gone I had to drive from London back to leeds so filled the tank again and thought I'd add another 1/4 of redEx just to see if it would make it any better.

The car drove fine for the first 150-170 miles , then it started juddering like my diesel fiesta used to do when the fuel filter needed replacing. This only happened on light throttle the car got me home fine anyway,

The next day I came to use the car and the engine management light is on, the car had around 60 miles remaining so I put more fuel in to try and dilute the redEx more but still no difference and the car is juddering at light revs still.

I have disconnected the battery and the light still stays

My question is should I use up the fuel I have remaining "130+ miles" and then fill up or should I keep adding fuel to dilute the mixture.

Also smelling near the exhaust it smells rather rich.

post-50356-142643617844_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Oh ALSO when doing the test diagnostics I get a dtc for 9601 which from googling related to incorrect fuel mixture

Never had an issue with redex but to be honest you're be better putting some Shell optimax in or forte fuel system cleaner a quarter bottle in a full tank I pretty diluted

9601 has nowt to do with fuel mixture its a pats code you get it if you've stalled or nearly stalled the car or if there's a problem with the key its not related to fuel mixture

9601 could have been there a while you need a code reader to check properly for codes

Cheers for the reply, I've always used redEx from I had my diesel it did make a difference in my little 1.4 tdci, honestly haven't seen any difference In my 1.6 petrol.

But is the issue im facing probably due to using too much redEx too soon as instead of the 3000 miles between uses the bottle states I used it within 100-150 miles of last usage "read it afterwards"

And I don't know wether to use up the fuel remaining and then add more or ether to keep topping up to dilute the excess redEx is in the system,

The problem isn't from using redex you're meant to use a whole bottle in 1 tank so you haven't used too much too soon as I said the dtc 9601 has nothing to do with fuel its related to you're key not communicating with the pats system this can happen if you stall its just coincidence you used the redex and had an issue you already had issues iys likely that the long run has caused whatever issue you had to get worse so you need the car looked at I can assure you even if you put two full bottles in you wouldn't get an issue

But the bottle states "cleans 4 tanks of fuel" and also put 1/4 in per 40 liters of fuel and from reading the small print on the bottle it says to wait 3000 miles per usage

But yeah I'll take it to get the codes read as the eml is on

You put the whole bottle in and it will treat 4 tanks of fuel when I've used it I use the whole bottle I've done tho with half a tank and no issues in the past at the garage I've put more than that in again with no issues

Have you thought it might just be a coincidence you putting redex in, and just have a non related fault like coil pack or spark plugs causing a missfire, need the dtcs read properly before making assumptions.

did you put the petrol red-ex in or the diesel one?

Now today the fault has gone no more eml and it's not juddering which is abit confusing. I put the red petrol redEx in not the blue diesel one, also possibly unrelated but about a week ago I noticed a rattle from the exhaust area turned out the be the heat shield coming loose due to the holes breaking could that have slightly cut a wire to a sensor

Ide have it checked out anyway you're mpg etc is down you've had the eml on redex doesn't do that to cars trust me I've seen two bottles of the stuff put in at once and the only issue was the spark plug tips were pink its highly likely the eml will come back

Yeah well the eml is back lol, anyhow going to go up my dads recommended garage tomorrow after work and see what's what,

Also there's like a rubbing tyre noise from the left hand side after I had the balancing done on that side sorta like a helicopter sound and if I turn the wheel slightly to the left it doesn't do it

Yeah well the eml is back lol, anyhow going to go up my dads recommended garage tomorrow after work and see what's what,

Also there's like a rubbing tyre noise from the left hand side after I had the balancing done on that side sorta like a helicopter sound and if I turn the wheel slightly to the left it doesn't do it

wheel bearing

So the code on my car is P2300 ignition coil A primary control circuit low

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club