Do Not Sell My Personal Information

* Decent Contact Adhesive For Sticking Down Rubber Seal

BHeart

The black rubber window seal that seals the upper front vertical edges of the rear passenger door against the middle pillar has pulled away and, I can see that it has originally been kept in place by some type of adhesive.

I would like to permanently stick it back in place so that it properly seals against the middle pillar, can anyone suggest a good contact adhesive to use and, prior to sticking it down again, what is needed to remove the old adhesive residue on the door edge?

A tar remover will get rid of the old adhesive, if both parts are flat get a strong double sided tape to stick it back on.

You could ask a dealer to sort this if its your new car.

WDon't know what will remove the residue ...tar remover white spirit am guessing here but

For a permanent stick down and never to come off a would say gorilla glue it's strongest stuff I've ever used (ma mate thought it would be funny to glue a brick to side of our wall..........was there for over a year and got it off with a crowbar) lol

But if any others would have there thoughts too

Or as Mark said lol

Hi Mark/Paramanic, thanks for your replys. No, thank God, it's not my 2 week old new car, if it was, then as you say, I'd have gone straight back to the dealer. Strong double sided tape seems worth a go but the rubber is slightly rippled - who sells strong double sided tape?

Paramanic, I've heard of gorilla glue but what shops stock it?

Tar remover/white spirit sounds should work with removing the residue.

B&Q should have it, gorilla glue also have a tape version.

I had the same problem even after I had both seals replaced under warranty. I cleaned old glue residue off with Evo-Stick Adhesive Cleaner then restuck using 12mm Double Sided Foam Tape. Been on now for nearly 2 years and still holding.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Double-Sided-Foam-Tape-All-Sizes-Number-Plates-Car-Body-Adhesive-Sticky-Strong-/151033788182?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item232a50b716