Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Gps Logger Problem

jace1969

I have just had a new dash cam and i have a problem with the GPS signal.

Are these on the base of the camera not in the camera itself.

And do these need to fit to the window as mine is on the plastic mirror cover with a lot of electrical

items inside it like rain sensor/mirror reverse camera etc.pic is below of where i have fitted it.

post-52758-0-39471300-1426445102_thumb.j

Having another base sent to me so must be in the base,

I have a dash cam and was told make sure it's attached to the window so the gps will pick up a signal. The way I have done it is fix the camera to the part of the windscreen that has the black dots. This hides the mount enough and still gives the cam a clear view out.

I have a dash cam and was told make sure it's attached to the window so the gps will pick up a signal. The way I have done it is fix the camera to the part of the windscreen that has the black dots. This hides the mount enough and still gives the cam a clear view out.

Well that was the thing to do but if you look at my window and the plastic cover i have put it on

if i put it onto the black dots its the best place (can't tell you GPS works there) but i pick up the

black plastic cover on the side being wide angle.

When the other base gets he i can have a mess with it on the window and leave this one where it is.

Some have a aerial on a wire.

Mines also wide angle and never picked up the black plastic.

I will have to look into it more but if you look at my pic the black mesh comes low down.

I did want it as high as poss behind mirror pass side,its great where it is as you can't see the camera just the lense.

Here are 2 pics of where it is now and where i tried.

1.....on plasic is an amazing picture and can't see it from outside just the lense.

2.....on the window,a bit more hidden inside but see a bit more from outside but it gets plastic cover.

When on window left for 10 mins and still no GPS.

post-52758-0-46713700-1426592689_thumb.j

post-52758-0-40574500-1426592719_thumb.j

Most be a problem with the receiver then. That's all I can think of.

Most be a problem with the receiver then. That's all I can think of.

Yes m8 i think it is,just will have to wait for other one to arrive.

Ok,i hope someone can shine a bit of light on this slight problem,my GPS don't work so i can't log my travel.

All i want is a GPS logger as it should do on my camera with loop record etc,tracker don't bother me.

I need TF card slot to record and being tex file a 2gb (as some say) card would hold loads.

Is there any out there that are cheap as i have seen a few u.s.b things etc.

Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club