Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Zetec S Ecoboost Power?

MattB911

I've got on order a Fiesta Zetec S ecoboost on order. I am wondering what the power is like? I have driven diesel cars before and the torque will push you back into your seat. My question being is does the Zetec S ecoboost do the same? I mean can you feel the power?

Yes, it's more than adequate for every day driving and does a good job at pushing you back into your seat.

:)

Warning!

EcoBoost engines do have weird side affects of becoming more addictive and also a permanent smile on your face!

• Like 1

That exactly what I wanted to hear! Can't wait to get it next week :) thanks for the responses.

BTW any tips on driving style? I previously had a 1.6 Petrol Ford Focus 2006. Other than the usual 'thrash the hell out of it'

Feather touch if you want to save petrol change gear around 1.5k but speed wise let's just say 2nd gear goes to 64mph but don't be doing that at start haha

Yeah lol acceleration you will only ever need 1,2,3 for acceleration

Just keep it within the power band and you'll be away! Its just a case of figuring out where the usable power is and exploiting it.

Just a quick question, does the 2015 Zetec S have red ambient lighting above the pedals and below the glove box? I've had mixed responses

Just a quick question, does the 2015 Zetec S have red ambient lighting above the pedals and below the glove box? I've had mixed responses

A lot of people are telling you wrong by saying the zetec s comes with red ambient lighting as standard, I also have a 2015 zetec s that I picked up on the first of March. It comes with the footwell lighting and glovebox lighting once opened. Non of which is red, the only red ambient lighting you will get from the car is that of the cupholder. All red ambient lighting you have seen of other zetec s' is that of a simple bulb change that can be done to change the colour of the lighting to your choice

I was wondering because on ford's brochure and website it shows that ambient lighting is red. It states

A soft red glow discreetly highlights the interior of your Fiesta and adds a warm, welcoming and stylish ambience to your car. (Ambient lighting is standard on Zetec, Titanium and Titanium X).

I was wondering because on ford's brochure and website it shows that ambient lighting is red. It states

A soft red glow discreetly highlights the interior of your Fiesta and adds a warm, welcoming and stylish ambience to your car. (Ambient lighting is standard on Zetec, Titanium and Titanium X).

Yeah for some reason Ford didn't decide to add that to the Zetec S, not sure why considering it's one of the higher models yet it misses out on such a simple feature! Non the less changing the footwell bulbs to a red led is a simple 2 minute job. Hope that helps :)

What's terrible from ford! A nice sporty feature NOT on the Zetec S!? I have ordered a lease car so I will try and get something fitted in regards to the red ambient lighting, is there not a red strip above the glove box either?

What's terrible from ford! A nice sporty feature NOT on the Zetec S!? I have ordered a lease car so I will try and get something fitted in regards to the red ambient lighting, is there not a red strip above the glove box either?

I wouldn't let it bother you too much, the looks and power more than makes up for it! Yeah mines on lease too, I've changed my footwell lights though! The guy at ford that deals with my lease really likes my new footwell lights, he just reminded me to simply swap them back over when I have services etc just incase anyone questions it! :)

Red LED footwell light bulbs are <£3 off eBay and take about 15 seconds to fit both.

You need 501 wedge bulbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

In Norway the red edition does not come with any ambient lighting except for the cupholders. I've searched eBay for some red leds for replacing the footwell bulbs and found too many different options. Can anyone give the link to some that you know for sure works "plug and play"? Thanks.

I fitted these and confirm they work:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=330861469801

they do look good but look a bit too much like a spotlight on passenger side. I have ordered these and waiting for them to be delivered:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=291161737966

• Like 1

Is there any instructions on fitting? I'm shortly going from a Titanium to a Black edition Zetec S, will be sad to see the ambient lighting go!

Is there any instructions on fitting? I'm shortly going from a Titanium to a Black edition Zetec S, will be sad to see the ambient lighting go!

The bulbs literally just pull out of the the sockets, just make sure you do it when it's cold and I suggest doing them as soon as you open the door to make sure they don't get too hot! Alternatively you can do it when the doors are shut but it's harder to reach them, either way it's a very easy job and will only take a few minutes to do :)

Having to wait until Monday now for the car :( does anyone know if and how the overboost on the engine works? And can you tell when it 'kicks in'?

Having to wait until Monday now for the car :( does anyone know if and how the overboost on the engine works? And can you tell when it 'kicks in'?

there's nothing worse than having to wait even longer for your new car!

Can't say i've ever noticed it.

Red LED footwell light bulbs are <£3 off eBay and take about 15 seconds to fit both.

You need 501 wedge bulbs.

I changed all my interior bulbs, to a cool white LED. Didn't want red to match ambient lighting... as it would have been "too much red"

The bulb change literally takes seconds to do. The reading/interior lights, I used a plastic tool to pry the unit out of the ceiling. Easy peasy.

But everyone has their own preferences :D

post-62796-142653812492_thumb.jpg

Does the red light on the glove box come as standard on the Zetec S?

Does the red light on the glove box come as standard on the Zetec S?

Mines a Titanium.