Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Finally

supercmaxer

I certainly don't make a habit of under taking but when I feel it's safe to do so I do but again as said its defo not worth the risk

I don't undertake on a middle lane hogger, I always go from the inside lane all the way to lane 3 then back again and make a habit of doing it obviously enough for them to realise they're driving like a tool..

However there has been instances where I've driven on a dual carriageway and someone has been doing 65 in the outside lane... I guess it was a law break twice, flashing which is illegal no? And undertaking...

Sent via carrier pigeon using Ford OC

Flashing headlights to warn others of one's presence isn't illegal.

Flashing headlights to warn others of one's presence isn't illegal.

Flashing someone to tell them to GTFO the way probably is though no?

No it isn't.

Flashing headlights has only one meaning & that is to warn others of your presence, in a similar way to the use of one's horn.

Most audi, merc and bmw drivers must know that rule inside out surely.

but do they give a damn how they drive??????????

I must admit, I am a left laner. I tend to cruise at 60 down the motorways, heck, I even overtake lorries just sat on cruise at 60, as long as traffic isnt heavy, otherwise I tend to accelerate to 70 and then move back in to cruise.

However, Marks interpretations are correct to my knowledge. Common sense must apply when it comes to undertaking. I do undertake on occasion.If I have a middle lane hogger, and an outside lane hogger sitting next to each other, and there is no traffic in lane one, I will sit in lane one, flash, give him ten seconds or so, and if he hasnt moved, I tend to undertake and move on. I flash my lights when people are idiots, and clearly dont know where you are, and I will undertake when there is a good reason. I refuse to sit on a motorway restricted to 60 miles an hour because two or three plebs are restricting traffic flow in the outside lanes, whilst the inside is treat as sacred ground to not be touched. If I ever get tugged, I would explain my reasoning, and if I face a consequence so be it. But I would certainly be asking the question of "and so, what about those who are obstructing the highway?"

• Like 1

Sit at 60 for fuel purposes? I can't stand going 60 when I know I've got a few more mph to squeeze out of the law...

Haha,

I respect my wallet too much. Generally speaking got the fuel costs down from about 200 to about 130 this month. Getting about 56 to 70 mpg by cruising. Seriously mate, it works lol and I have had my brush with blue lights for speeding I would rather get my money's worth

• Like 1

Should have the same rules as USA, under take , overtake, pick any lane you like really as long as you don't exceed speed limit. Works well over there, do enjoy driving over there,

• Like 1

Haha,

I respect my wallet too much. Generally speaking got the fuel costs down from about 200 to about 130 this month. Getting about 56 to 70 mpg by cruising. Seriously mate, it works lol and I have had my brush with blue lights for speeding I would rather get my money's worth

Ah fair enough, I just tend to do 70 on motorways but happy to stick with 60 on normal roads...

Trust me it gets boring, but when the money stays in the bank and I have a few more quid to throw at the car it's worth it. Vest I achieved to date was about 850 miles on one tank I'm hoping a terraclean service later this year might turn that more into the average than the best lol

Haha,

Yeah I can definitely see how cruising at 60 would save a lot of fuel. Coming back from London a few months ago I got about 48 mpg just because about half of it was cruising at 50 through the roadworks, but I always cruise at 70 otherwise.

Should have the same rules as USA, under take , overtake, pick any lane you like really as long as you don't exceed speed limit. Works well over there, do enjoy driving over there,

That sounds like a good idea, but I wonder if they have any more accidents caused by undertaking. Maybe if they're used to sticking in one lane, and always aware that cars can come from any side then it's ok.

Yes.

Plenty of guys on the forum have had it done, best results I saw was a guy who used his car for pizza delivery and got about 33%improvement in mpg. Others see a good 15 to 20% improvement on average.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club