Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Washing The Car - Would This Work?

laumk7

I bought (another) lambs wool mitt today, much to the cats delight who seems to think they're for her - she opened it and had a play with it temporarily, I've since dusted it down and tugged the loose cat created fibres out

However, I don't readily get on with a mitt of any description, but I do get on with a sponge. Now I know sponges are bad for the paintwork so I don't need that particular lecture ;) anyway, to get around this I've stuffed my new mitt with a brand new car sponge, and was thinking of stitch closing the elasticated end - tah dah! Lambs wool wash sponge

Would this work?

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Don't see why it wouldn't work. If anything it will hold more water!

• Like 1

I got a microfibre mitt recently and I think it's easier to use than a lambswool mitt, although I've heard lambswool is a bit better in terms of cleaning and protecting the paint from scratches. The microfibre mitt is so easy to use though, it holds plenty of water and glides across the car, and into any tight places like behind the wing mirrors.

• Like 1

Well tried it out this morning and it works fantastic even if I do say so myself! :d

All the ease of use of a sponge, but all the non swirling care of a lambs wool mitt. Also bonus if it starts getting 'dry' on use on a large panel, just squeeze slightly and bingo back to just dipped suds! :d

• Like 1

Sound like something to take on Dragons Den lol :)

• Like 1

Definitely a top tip.

I'd patent it immediately.

• Like 1

Yes Laumk7 it will work fine you can actually buy them but if you've made your own great. I know a lot of people that I've sent and given advice too that feel the same as you. All I'll say is put in the washing machine at low temp after using just to keep it clean and grit free.

• Like 1

Well I rinsed the mitt and its hanging up in the garage to dry by its little loop thing, I was going to wash it on a woolly wash in the machine when it starts to get manky, otherwise it's a faff with all the stitching and undoing etc. that's not too manky to be doing that is it? :unsure:

I'm defo gonna patent this idea though :p and charge one million British pounds (read as Austin powers) from anyone who fancies selling on the idea :d oh don't tell Meguiars or Kent a thing re use of their products in this way :lol: they might try and copy ya know *taps side of nose*

• Like 1

As long as it's a cool wash the sponge can stay inside the mitt so no need too undo it.

• Like 1

I'm going to try this sounds like a great idea. Cheers :D

• Like 1

You could make it even better by somehow attaching a hose to the mitt so it has a constant water supply :P

• Like 1

You could make it even better by somehow attaching a hose to the mitt so it has a constant water supply :P

Add a bottle opener and all angles are covered ;)
  • Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club