Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Badges......again !!!

Jon Bhoy

Hi folks,

After looking for ideas for my Zetec S i am looking at doing the Grille,fog light trims and rear defuser in black (still not sure if its matt or gloss) but id like to continue the theme with having the badges and alloy centre caps done in black instead of the Ford blue.

Now way back in time when i was a late teen working on a friends XR3i in about 1994 we just took the badges off and sanded down the backs then resprayed them.Is that still possible now or do the pins etc get in the way? I dont fancy a gel overlay ,id prefer the solid badges . Is there somewhere that does them do you know or can anyone give me a bit of advice . I tried to look for info but tends to be more on overlays.

Cheers all,

Jon

• Like 1

To be honest I just carbon wrapped the originals cheap and easy to do as for solid ones cant say I've seen them

• Like 1

Hi folks,

After looking for ideas for my Zetec S i am looking at doing the Grille,fog light trims and rear defuser in black (still not sure if its matt or gloss) but id like to continue the theme with having the badges and alloy centre caps done in black instead of the Ford blue.

Now way back in time when i was a late teen working on a friends XR3i in about 1994 we just took the badges off and sanded down the backs then resprayed them.Is that still possible now or do the pins etc get in the way? I dont fancy a gel overlay ,id prefer the solid badges . Is there somewhere that does them do you know or can anyone give me a bit of advice . I tried to look for info but tends to be more on overlays.

Cheers all,

Jon

I remember doing that with the old Ford badges lol.....don't think it's possible with the new badges. :)

• Like 1

Likewise I don't think it'd be possible to sand down the badges to change the colour of the background.

With mine I've resprayed the chrome badge surrounds in satin black but left the Ford logo in blue. You could get some Ford logos cut in vinyl the same size as used on the badges and use that to mask over it before spraying the rest of the badge black, or do the whole thing black before putting the logos on top?

Think if you were to try masking the existing logo the depth of the clear material on top of it might mean you'd still see some blue from certain angles.

• Like 1

Oh bugger,got to find a way round it.Was so easy with the old badges and a first mod for most badge owners (early 90's remember tons of lime green badges that actually looked lovely on black cars) . Wanted to do everything in black including the inlay on the red "S" on each wing.Hmmmmmmm might need to do lots of investigating.....or set up my own company making them! ;-)

• Like 1

Gel overlays are the usual way now.

www.gelbadges.com

• 3 weeks later...

Where is the best place to get Gel overlays from? Dmb doesn't seem to do them now?

DMB lost the licence from Ford.

Gelbadges.com seem to be the new source.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club