Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Newbie Intro & Q - 04 Focus Air Filter Housing

harribry

Hello!

Firstly thanks for being so knowledgable, I feel so inept when it comes to cars!

My MOT is due next week and for years I have been taking about changing the Air Filter as when I bought it, there was an after market one installed. The sound (noise to me but I thought I'd be a bit PC) isn't the worst to be fair, but it rattles a lot as it doesn't sit properly in the fitting.

I spoke to the MOT guys and they said all I need to do is by a second hand Air Filter Housing unit and they will fit it for me - but I hardly think it is that simple; or is it??

I had a quick look on eBay and found the following Air Filter Housing Unit but not sure if that is the right one. Car details are as follows; 04 Plate (98-04 model) Focus, 2 door 1.6 Petrol. Don't want to spend a huge amount of money on it, if it is cheap I will replace it, if not then I'll buy ear plugs :)

Cheers in advance for the help,

Harry

• Like 1

Welcome bud and it is that simple :D

Saul

• Like 1

Hello!

Firstly thanks for being so knowledgable, I feel so inept when it comes to cars!

My MOT is due next week and for years I have been taking about changing the Air Filter as when I bought it, there was an after market one installed. The sound (noise to me but I thought I'd be a bit PC) isn't the worst to be fair, but it rattles a lot as it doesn't sit properly in the fitting.

I spoke to the MOT guys and they said all I need to do is by a second hand Air Filter Housing unit and they will fit it for me - but I hardly think it is that simple; or is it??

I had a quick look on ebay and found the following Air Filter Housing Unit but not sure if that is the right one. Car details are as follows; 04 Plate (98-04 model) Focus, 2 door 1.6 Petrol. Don't want to spend a huge amount of money on it, if it is cheap I will replace it, if not then I'll buy ear plugs :)

Cheers in advance for the help,

Harry

Hi & welcome. All model mk1 & mk1.5 from 1998-2005 had the same airbox , only thing different was a snorkel was different & air deflecter was also , on st170.

Yunii

• Like 1

Thanks guys for the quick response, wasn't expecting one so fast!

Now that I have your attention, is there anywhere else I could find other units similar to this? I only ask as this seems a little dusty/long lived and my cautious side is telling me to find a newer one if possible. Yes I know my car is 11 years old and assume would struggle to get a decently priced new one, but thought I would ask anyway!!

Thanks again

• Like 1

Hmm if you're worried if it's working or not I'd say get one off a breaker vehicle :) then at least know it's been in use but for new parts could become pricey :( would be dealer really as it is an older part

Saul

Sometimes if you keep an eye open members break their aging or damaged cars for spares. Ive known that lots of times.

Yunii

• Like 1

Back to this and please tell me to post in another forum if I shouldn't continue the conversation here...

So part was delivered and car went for service + MOT today and it passed with just a Rollbar Linkage replacement (whatever that is??), happy days for another year! However, the air filter housing that I bought wasn't suitable. Before I go back to eBay seller, I want to see can I confirm something with the experts first...

The garage told me that "the connection on the rubber tube is too small for the housing unit" and so wasn't able to fit it. I have contacted ford to get a part number for the housing (1136 162), but I am unable to find it on the part I bought online.

I'm trying to include some photos but don't seem to be able to, maybe as my post count is too low?

Any help available?

Again if look for vehicles breaking and any bits can rip off or as you now have MOT see if you can bodge it ;)

Saul

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club