Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parking Sensors

jcs95whufc

Hi Chaps,

In my focus zetec S 14 occasionally when I reverse and the parking sensors are in use beeping away, once I take it out of reverse the solid beep tone remains for a while??? has this happened to anyone else? fairly jarring to be honest....don't know if this is the norm because I have never had a car with sensors before???

Cheers

James!

sounds like feedback possibly a bad sensor or another warning tone.

Access the PCM in the boot, disconnect the wires one at a time and repeat the sequence to reproduce the issue.

• Like 1

Agree with James here.

One sensor may be faulty or so this method is good to try to identity which one.

Ford sensors dont work like that you wont be able to disconnect separatley at the parking sensor module, im asumming there factory fit ford ?

If they are , then just book in with your ford dealer to fix it

Surely they must disconnect at the unit?!?

Yeah, one multiplug to sensors and 1 multiplug to main loom, so you wont acheive much . Why mess about when its still under warranty.

True I didn't see the warranty part lol

Ha ha, I did, and saw they were ford sensors as his sig got city pack, to access the module i doubt is straight forwwrd, normally buried up out the way removing various trims and wheel arch coverings

• Like 1

thanks guys I will ask them to look at this when car goes in for service end of month!

They are SUPPOSED to stay on after you come out of reverse (as that's how the front sensors get activated if you have them) they turn off after a time or when speed goes above 6mph or thereabouts, tells you all that in the manual

Thanks Stephen, haven't quite got round to reading the manual - it doesn't happen all the time though which is why I feel there is some sort of fault. and No I do not have front sensors.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club