Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Service

focusdom

Hey folks I wanna buy parts for servicing my car!

I got a focus mk3 1.6 petrol (105bhp) 11reg

Any recommendations?

Like which is the best Castrol oil?

I got standard break discs and pads can I take sporty ones like them with the wholes? If yes, what's the brand and model?

And any other recommendations?

Cheers

Dom

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Genuine ford filters & plugs. Castrol magnatec fully synthetic 5w30 oil. I paid £60 ish for oil, air & fuel filters and a set of spark plugs on my fiesta. The new variant is 'A5' I believe - I got hold of a 4 ltr bottle from Asda of all places for £22 so you should be able to source genuine parts all up for less than £100. Always ask for discount on parts - I get 20% off parts at my local ford dealer by just asking.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Did some calculations i save about £15ish if I get all the parts and pay for the labour! So not worth it really :/

I booked it in with ford they give me a discount because of where I work,

Major service for £195 and MOT for £30 think that's not to bad?

Cheers

Dom

Did some calculations i save about £15ish if I get all the parts and pay for the labour! So not worth it really :/

I booked it in with ford they give me a discount because of where I work,

Major service for £195 and MOT for £30 think that's not to bad?

Cheers

Dom

My last major service + MOT @Ford was £215. (But this was for a MK2.5)

Ive been quoted £225 for its 3rd service (Focus ZS 180HP mileage 37750) which i am sure its an interim service not a Major at my local Benfield Ford. They also do service plans which include (free MOT) and up to £300 quid worth of parts if it fails as long as its not normal wear n tear parts (tyres,clutch, etc) but when they gave me my quote for 2services and 2 free MOT's lol it was £532 which sounds like they are adding the MOT in with the price.

My last major service + MOT @Ford was £215. (But this was for a MK2.5)

Hmm...not to far of from mine do you live North?

I live on the south coast the prices down here are a little bit hire :/

Ive been quoted £225 for its 3rd service (Focus ZS 180HP mileage 37750) which i am sure its an interim service not a Major at my local Benfield Ford. They also do service plans which include (free MOT) and up to £300 quid worth of parts if it fails as long as its not normal wear n tear parts (tyres,clutch, etc) but when they gave me my quote for 2services and 2 free MOT's lol it was £532 which sounds like they are adding the MOT in with the price.

jesus that's a lot lol

Hmm...not to far of from mine do you live North?

I live on the south coast the prices down here are a little bit hire :/

Nope, under my profile pic it says Location: 'Surrey' ;)

jesus that's a lot lol

haha a know especially when i heard a lot of mixed reviews about Main dealers servicing cars, and more seem to be Bad than good.

I do my own services and my family cars as well. I have always done my own services from I started driving as for me I found it a lot cheaper.

I get all genuine parts from Ford parts department then fit myself. I also try to follow Ford's service plan as close as I can this can be got from Ford etis.

To be honest it's really straight forward and the most stuff on the Ford's is very handy accessed. I used to work in a few independent garages in my younger years and honestly It reminds me of an assembly line car in, work done fast , car out large bill at the end Lol! I can't speak for all garages as there is some good ones out there but some not so good have monkeys working in then that half do jobs but charge near dealership prices.

I personally feel those that do their own work save a few pounds but feel like the job has been done properly and well and I enjoy working at the Ford's old or new lol!

Good luck with your service however you go about it anyways.

Nope, under my profile pic it says Location: 'Surrey' ;)

Lol i'm not very often online not used with this forum app :s

I do my own services and my family cars as well. I have always done my own services from I started driving as for me I found it a lot cheaper.

I get all genuine parts from Ford parts department then fit myself. I also try to follow Ford's service plan as close as I can this can be got from Ford etis.

To be honest it's really straight forward and the most stuff on the Ford's is very handy accessed. I used to work in a few independent garages in my younger years and honestly It reminds me of an assembly line car in, work done fast , car out large bill at the end Lol! I can't speak for all garages as there is some good ones out there but some not so good have monkeys working in then that half do jobs but charge near dealership prices.

I personally feel those that do their own work save a few pounds but feel like the job has been done properly and well and I enjoy working at the Ford's old or new lol!

Good luck with your service however

you go about it anyways.

I do the service on other cars but not on my one because I wanna keep the service history with my car so when I wanna sell it i get a few more quid ;)

Lol i'm not very often online not used with this forum app :s

haha fair enough mate

I my view there is no real value in brand oil as they all work the same the only must is that it must be the correct spec and ford a approved. I use comma as it a good price.

Brakes on the hand should be quality;

ECB Red stuff if they do them for your car are great , normal fitted on more sporty models

or

Mintex

I my view there is no real value in brand oil as they all work the same the only must is that it must be the correct spec and ford a approved. I use comma as it a good price.

Brakes on the hand should be quality;

ECB Red stuff if they do them for your car are great , normal fitted on more sporty models

or

Mintex

Cool. Are they grooved or drilled?

They are grooved

Cool beans I have a look on eBay or do you know a better place to look maybe send me a link if you don't mind? Cheers Dom

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club