Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heeeeeeeelp

freya2007

Ive bought an 04 streetka a few months ago,the eml light came on the other day,read the code and it said oxygen sensor 1 was faulty.i changed it yesterday and started the car up,the eml didnt reset with the reader i have,it now says theres more faults,p0444 p0134 p0030 p0304 p0132 p0171...what have i done wrong...this is driving me crazy...any help much appreciated.

i know,also noticed when i took the old lambda sensor out it was cross threaded...sourced an exhaust manifold with cat and both sensors for £50..JUST SEEING WHAT PEOPLE THINK ON HERE ,THANKS FOR REPLYING .

Quite often with fords up to 2005 ish, if you leave the battery off for an hour it can attempt to wipe codes.

Failing that, any garage can wipe the codes and see what comes up after.

Did you check for any breaks in the cables as well as replacing the sensor?

yes checked for breaks in the cable,i have a code reader that resets codes but this time they wont reset.

What are those code telling you?

I cant find any of them on this list of codes

****Edit. Ignore that link its useless.

Seems to be running lean, presumably because of the old sensor. Id run it up to temp and speed and see if it turns off.

OBD II Fault Code

• OBD II P0444

Fault Code Definition

• Evaporative System Purge Control Valve Circuit Open
  • A code P0134 may mean that one or more of the following has happened: Bad O2 (oxygen) sensor Bad heater circuit in the O2 sensor Wiring or connector to the sensor frayed / broken Blown heater circuit fuse Holes in the exhaust system PCM failure

Read more at: http://www.obd-codes.com/p0134

Copyright © OBD-Codes.com

• Potential causes of a P0030 trouble code may include: Failed or damaged heater circuit element inside the HO2S Open on the O2 sensor heater's ground circuit Open or short on O2 sensor heater's B+ battery feed (on some vehicles this may be the control circuit) Possible ECM failure (less likely)

Read more at: http://www.obd-codes.com/p0030

P0304 Code - Cylinder #4 Misfire

Read more at: http://www.obd-codes.com/p0304

p0132

Oxygen Sensor Circuit High Voltage

(Bank 1, Sensor 1 and Bank 1, Sensor 2)

OBD II Fault Code

• OBD II P0171
  • OBD II P0174

Fault Code Definition

• OBD II P0171 Fuel System Too Lean (Bank 1)
  • OBD II P0174 Fuel System Too Lean (Bank 2)

take off the battery terminals & reconnect 24 hours later then give the car a drive and see if all is working before you try your code reader as taking the terminals off the battery sometimes clears the ecu. the new sensor may also be at fault?

Sprayed the connectors with wd40 yesterday,started the car this afternoon and no engine management light on ...drove up the road and it came back on,now only got one code...p0030..lambda sensor i think...mines been cross threaded in the manifold so might get the one from breakers...£50 for manifold and cat with both sensors on.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club